Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gujarat high court rules hindi is NOT the national language

+2
nevada
MaxEntropy_Man
6 posters

Go down

gujarat high court rules hindi is NOT the national language Empty gujarat high court rules hindi is NOT the national language

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:27 pm

i didn't just go trolling for articles like this. i bought a packet of something called masala khakra at the indian grocery store. it had markings in english, gujarati, some other strange looking script that looked vaguely devnagiri maybe bengali, and surprise surprise, tamil, but no standard hindi (devanagari). i then googled and voila, found out there is some bad blood between gujarati food manufacturers and the hindi goons.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2010-01-25/india/28148512_1_national-language-official-language-hindi

looks like some rashmun like characters tried to strong arm gujarati food packaging folks and got their fingers burnt.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

gujarat high court rules hindi is NOT the national language Empty Re: gujarat high court rules hindi is NOT the national language

Post by nevada Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:30 pm

Well done, Gujarat! Enough with the national language bs.

nevada

Back to top Go down

gujarat high court rules hindi is NOT the national language Empty Re: gujarat high court rules hindi is NOT the national language

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:33 pm

The real question is, what does Justice Matileni Jagapatibabu think about this? I will email him and ask him to come here and refute your views.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:37 pm

mark katju - no khakra for you!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:45 pm

hindi/national lang/tamil/high court/matileni/palanivelu - bayangara YAWWWWWWN.

snacks - yes!! made me dream of grand sweets and i looked up their page. please look under "bengali sweets".

http://www.grandsweets.com/sweetsnsnacks.html

what in the world is 'k k rasapori"? why does this dessert have initials?

surely, the slim and lithe MD should know?

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:48 pm

no idea. these guys are the real snack nazis of madras. looks like they finally got a website and enabled online ordering. i've been begging them for years. btw, did you know that there was a family squabble that split the shop up into two? both operate under the same name in different parts of the building. really weird.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:19 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:no idea. these guys are the real snack nazis of madras. looks like they finally got a website and enabled online ordering. i've been begging them for years. btw, did you know that there was a family squabble that split the shop up into two? both operate under the same name in different parts of the building. really weird.

yeah, the website seems to be a recent development. i had no idea the family split up. i go there religiously to satisfy my craving for thattais, mixture, thenguzhal, murukku(the authentic one). back when i was in chennai, we used to go there at the right time and get the free donnai of tamarind rice.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:38 pm

You can see the gujarat ruling and 7 more similar items at

http://www.tamiltribune.com/10/0602.html

A must reading for those interested in the national language nonsense

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:18 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:You can see the gujarat ruling and 7 more similar items at

http://www.tamiltribune.com/10/0602.html

A must reading for those interested in the <s>national language</s> nonsense language

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down