Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amour

+2
Idéfix
Obnoxious
6 posters

Go down

Amour Empty Amour

Post by Obnoxious Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:37 am

Finally watched this film this afternoon. I really liked this film though not going to be my favorite of Haneke's. In many ways this is not a film you would expect Haneke to make.

But it IS a Haneke film, keep that in mind if you are going to watch it.

Performances are one of the best in the recent times.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Amour Empty Re: Amour

Post by Idéfix Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:57 am

This one is on my list. Have you seen Rust and Bones yet? If yes, what did you think of it?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:09 am

haven't managed to watch it yet - watched "loft" today, the dutch remake of the original belgian movie. a typical watch-once-crime-thriller.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:53 am

panini press wrote:This one is on my list. Have you seen Rust and Bones yet? If yes, what did you think of it?

Not yet. May go & watch a discount show. I have a serious backlog of films. To make the matters worse Mostly British and Noir City festival are on.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Appalamma wrote:Finally watched this film this afternoon. I really liked this film though not going to be my favorite of Haneke's. In many ways this is not a film you would expect Haneke to make.

But it IS a Haneke film, keep that in mind if you are going to watch it.

Performances are one of the best in the recent times.

finally got around to watching it - a very realistic portrayal of confronting death and old age. reminded me of "tokyo story" in some ways but this was more hard hitting and did not bother with filial neglect and such emotions, which i guess is a more of an asian expectation.

the last movie i watched was 'silver linings fluffbook' which spun a fairy tale out of some disturbed characters and one came out feeling good with a very incorrect notion that all's well with even people who have serious disorders. it was quite a dishonest and disgusting movie that didn't live up to its rom-com status either.

you want reality? watch this instead.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:41 pm

from "amour" soundtrack:

haneke and schubert again

beethoven bagatelles:

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:55 pm

Haneke uses music in a very interesting way.

Here is Haneke's Starwars trailer. Smile

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:56 pm

Also in many ways this the most straight forward film made by Haneke.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:49 pm

hi I want to watch a movie where filial obscurity and pathos mixed with bromide and dostoevskian psychological insights are paired with rom-comesque elements and served with a side of piotr deczalesque gonastians. can you suggest such a film and a wine pairing to go with it? thanks very much my dears

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:57 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:hi I want to watch a movie where filial obscurity and pathos mixed with bromide and dostoevskian psychological insights are paired with rom-comesque elements and served with a side of piotr deczalesque gonastians. can you suggest such a film and a wine pairing to go with it? thanks very much my dears

hahaha

two things -

1. report the optimal thermostat setting, fluorescence and decibel levels for the perfect experience;

2. don't forget to belittle everything everyone else is watching.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:51 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:hi I want to watch a movie where filial obscurity and pathos mixed with bromide and dostoevskian psychological insights are paired with rom-comesque elements and served with a side of piotr deczalesque gonastians. can you suggest such a film and a wine pairing to go with it? thanks very much my dears

>>>May I be so bold as to suggest a film from the 80's that you may have missed-'animal house'? I believe It has most of the elements you are looking for in a cinematic experience. I would recommend you pair it with peperoni pizza and budweiser beer. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:20 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:

hahaha

two things -

1. report the optimal thermostat setting, fluorescence and decibel levels for the perfect experience;

2. don't forget to belittle everything everyone else is watching.

2) is the most important thing. without that, your cinema watching abilities cannot be considered high falutin

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down