Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Poll] Was JM malicious?

+9
bw
goodcitizn
Rishi
ashaNirasha
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
MaxEntropy_Man
Hellsangel
Idéfix
b_A
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Was JM's act malicious when he addresses a poster with her real name ?

[Poll] Was JM malicious? - Page 2 Vote_lcap89%[Poll] Was JM malicious? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 89% 
[ 25 ]
[Poll] Was JM malicious? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%[Poll] Was JM malicious? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 28

[Poll] Was JM malicious? - Page 2 Empty Re: [Poll] Was JM malicious?

Post by bw Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:08 pm

Rashmun wrote:
bw wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
bw wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Your friend Merlot Daruwala has done the same thing to Seva. Merlot's explanation was that Seva had no right to insist on privacy with respect to his real name being used on Sulekha CH since he was giving links to articles written using his real name. Merlot's explanation was given after a protest post by LittleFella.

if MD did it with the intention of provoking seva, that is a despicable act too. what is the relevance of that? how does that make this any better?

also, someone being my "friend" will not stop me from criticizing him/her.

I gave MD's example because I want this demonization of JM to come to an end now. If JM is a demon than so is your friend MD.

If Tiana wanted to maintain her privacy she would not have given the link to her book on her sulekha page together with the confirmation that she is the author. Perhaps she created a lot of drama in an attempt to publicize and sell her writings.

ok - we have two demons. i have no issues calling MD a demon, if he repeatedly stalked seva with his real name, despite being asked to stop it.

you seem to think that just because a "friend" does something, it must automatically be approved and validated.

i have no interest in JM but your and to some extent, max's inconsistency is amusing.

Even if we agree that it was wrong on the part of JM and Merlot to have done what they did surely you will agree that a distinction needs to be made between what they did and what Hellsangel did to JM? After all, JM never gave links to articles using his real name and further the way in which his real name was obtained (hacking into his sulekha account) was completely unethical.

what HK did was unethical and so were HA's acts. i think that has been agreed upon by almost everyone.

that does not make JM's acts any less malicious. why don't i see you openly condemn that?

this sounds like the argument that said bittu's crassness should be pardoned because some one else is bigoted.

they are independent things and should be judged independently.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:27 pm

bw wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
bw wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
bw wrote:

if MD did it with the intention of provoking seva, that is a despicable act too. what is the relevance of that? how does that make this any better?

I gave MD's example because I want this demonization of JM to come to an end now. If JM is a demon than so is your friend MD.

If Tiana wanted to maintain her privacy she would not have given the link to her book on her sulekha page together with the confirmation that she is the author. Perhaps she created a lot of drama in an attempt to publicize and sell her writings.

ok - we have two demons. i have no issues calling MD a demon, if he repeatedly stalked seva with his real name, despite being asked to stop it.

you seem to think that just because a "friend" does something, it must automatically be approved and validated.

i have no interest in JM but your and to some extent, max's inconsistency is amusing.

Even if we agree that it was wrong on the part of JM and Merlot to have done what they did surely you will agree that a distinction needs to be made between what they did and what Hellsangel did to JM? After all, JM never gave links to articles using his real name and further the way in which his real name was obtained (hacking into his sulekha account) was completely unethical.

what HK did was unethical and so were HA's acts. i think that has been agreed upon by almost everyone.

that does not make JM's acts any less malicious. why don't i see you openly condemn that?

this sounds like the argument that said bittu's crassness should be pardoned because some one else is bigoted.

they are independent things and should be judged independently.

What HA and HK did was unethical and wrong. There is no ambiguity at all about this.

But what MD and JM did was different since Tiana and Seva had given links to their writings where they had used their real name. If Tiana wanted to maintain her privacy on sulekha she would not have given links to her writings where she had used her real name as author.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:50 am

Rashmun wrote:

What HA and HK did was unethical and wrong. There is no ambiguity at all about this.

But what MD and JM did was different since Tiana and Seva had given links to their writings where they had used their real name. If Tiana wanted to maintain her privacy on sulekha she would not have given links to her writings where she had used her real name as author.

In other words, you will make a decision based on your personal bias - then you will justify your decision.

Go ahead. You will make an excellent upper mgmt executive.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:10 am

ashaNirasha wrote:I see a lot of embellishment going on with regards to how tiana was outed. The way I remember it is this. Sorry I can't dig up any threads.

1. Tiana posted a story or an article on some online desi journal with her real name.
2. She posted the same piece on CH with the handle Tiana.
3. At this time, her blogs didn't have her real name. There was no link to her book. No one on CH knew her real name, as in posters like me, who had no connection with her except through CH.
4. Somehow, JM made the connection between the two pieces, or was made aware by some one else, and posted the link to the online article, that was of course, under her real name.
5. Then he started taunting and mocking her real name, in pretty much all posts, in stalker mode.
6. Tiana sent a personal message asking him to stop using her real name. She revealed this in her subsequent CH posts.
7. JM, instead of doing what most sensible and normal people do, mocked her more that she had requested him so.
8. Tiana put up a link to her book with her name in her blogs, probably because by this time, every one on CH knew her name.
9. She persisted for a short while, but JM never let up with his usage of real name, and eventually, she left.

Addendum:
10. After this, HA started using JM's real name. Taunting and mocking him much the same way.
11. It got on everybody's nerves, and there was a thread where a lot of posters thought it was a bad idea and got on HA's case. JM got a little bit contrite when it was pointed out that he had done the same.
12. After that thread, it appeared that HA toned down his usage of JM's real name, and eventually stopped. He seemed amenable to reason, despite everything.

Somebody make me a CH historian, I can't believe I remember so much for having posted so little over the years, over there.
wow! thanks for posting this. this is downright scary. yes, poor tiana was clearly bullied by JM into making her real name public in sulekha. in retrospect, i am glad i got a chance to out his real name -- tit for tat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:17 am

ashaNirasha wrote:I see a lot of embellishment going on with regards to how tiana was outed. The way I remember it is this. Sorry I can't dig up any threads.

1. Tiana posted a story or an article on some online desi journal with her real name.
2. She posted the same piece on CH with the handle Tiana.

Somebody make me a CH historian, I can't believe I remember so much for having posted so little over the years, over there.

That is why you remember.

If you had posted 1/10th of some or even 1/100 of what I post, you would not remember much.... Like do you remember what you told me in Chat? of course you told me you forgot....see...(poor memory...Razz)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:52 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:tit for tat.
boobsy, please, no tit... for anything. yours stunned me when i first saw it in the photograph you displayed of yourself at chat. i have not yet recovered from the sight.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:00 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
boobsy, please, no tit... for anything. yours stunned me when i first saw it in the photograph you displayed of yourself at chat. i have not yet recovered from the sight.
lame shit.

you cast that solitary vote in your favour, didn't you asshole?

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:03 am

Psst... a mendicant from ward #6 is eagerly awaiting your answer, saar. He used to be a breasty beauty, too.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:05 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
lame shit.

you're beautiful when you're angry. do your breasts jiggle at such times?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:06 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
lame shit.

stop bullying me creep!

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:52 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
lame shit.

stop bullying me creep!

rashmun, would you kindly release the virile 1's balls out of your mouth and take time to condemn him for referring to HK's anatomical features repeatedly and teasing him in a creepy, old pervert style? (see pictoral illustration below)

[Poll] Was JM malicious? - Page 2 Oldguy

would you want your brother harassed sexually like this by the virile 1? did you ever ask your boyfriend about his upbringing and more importantly, his upbringing skills in raising two children (before roshini decided to take divorce him?)

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:53 am

another pictoral illustration of phlegmy perving on hufeza:

[Poll] Was JM malicious? - Page 2 Tumblr_ma8xd1C0HS1rg5jito1_500

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:57 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:another pictoral illustration of phlegmy perving on hufeza:

[Poll] Was JM malicious? - Page 2 Tumblr_ma8xd1C0HS1rg5jito1_500

Lol. This will stay in my head forever now.

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:41 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:iff (note it's iff and not if) aN's version is accurate, then i stand corrected about some of what i said. i only knew the tiana whose blog had the link to her book. i should really listen to keith jarrett and prepare for tomorrow instead of needlessly getting into this.

When and how can this iff condition be satisfied ? I am afraid, we are setting the bar too high in order to avoid taking some unpleasant decisions. GC and Uppili already said that aN's version rings true. Will the condition be satisfied if we hear straight from the horse's mouth ? Even if Tiana somehow reads this thread, registers here and post the confirmation , I am afraid that will not be sufficient for some people. They will call her, vengeful and economical with truth. And if you are waiting for Mbururu to confess , then I have to look up the dictionary for the meaning of the word ,"naivete" .

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:57 pm

b_A wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:iff (note it's iff and not if) aN's version is accurate, then i stand corrected about some of what i said. i only knew the tiana whose blog had the link to her book. i should really listen to keith jarrett and prepare for tomorrow instead of needlessly getting into this.

When and how can this iff condition be satisfied ? I am afraid, we are setting the bar too high in order to avoid taking some unpleasant decisions. GC and Uppili already said that aN's version rings true. Will the condition be satisfied if we hear straight from the horse's mouth ? Even if Tiana somehow reads this thread, registers here and post the confirmation , I am afraid that will not be sufficient for some people. They will call her, vengeful and economical with truth. And if you are waiting for Mbururu to confess , then I have to look up the dictionary for the meaning of the word ,"naivete" .

Look up the dictionary for the phrase "when hell freezes over or when pigs fly!"

Or, apply your foot to the beat of the song, "Kolaveri". https://such.forumotion.com/t10191-why-this-kolaveri-vee#77898

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:12 pm

The overwhelming majority of this community clearly thinks that what JM did was malicious. When his actions were exposed, he didn't even say "it ain't so" to reassure a shaken Sara Boji. All he could muster was a lame line about HK. He will not respond to questions about his malicious conduct, but I expect him to return to whine another day.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:12 pm

bw wrote:
you never openly come out and condemn JM while you have no issues doing so when it is someone else though the crimes may be the same.

who have i condemned and for what crimes?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 pm

OK folks... Tues Sermon:

It is plain human nature to look the other way the negatives of ones you like, and minimize the positives of the ones you don't like.

That is just basic Second Law of Thermodynamics.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:37 pm

oh wow the voting is still going on in this.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:52 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:OK folks... Tues Sermon:

It is plain human nature to look the other way the negatives of ones you like, and minimize the positives of the ones you don't like.

Thanks, Saamiyaar, for your prophetic insight. Now, where does MAXimize fit in? Kindly share.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:14 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:
you never openly come out and condemn JM while you have no issues doing so when it is someone else though the crimes may be the same.

who have i condemned and for what crimes?
The art of nitpicking! You have gained something valuable, Il Professore.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:19 am

goodcitizn wrote:

Thanks, Saamiyaar, for your prophetic insight. Now, where does MAXimize fit in? Kindly share.

dhooL.. ha ha ha sAmiyAru enna sAptAro theriyalaey ellathaiyum 'ulta' panrAru..aanaa eadho uLartham irukarappulaey.. ha .. ha..neenga sonna sarthAn

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:29 am

garam_kuta wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

dhooL.. ha ha ha sAmiyAru enna sAptAro theriyalaey ellathaiyum 'ulta' panrAru..aanaa eadho uLartham irukarappulaey.. ha .. ha..neenga sonna sarthAn
Enna machi, soodu naayi, majaava ikkida?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:48 pm

Hmm.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:44 am

Hellsangel wrote:Hmm.

kerithiyidiyA ?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:04 am

bw wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
bw wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
bw wrote:

...and using her real name, unnecessarily and repeatedly, with the intent to provoke her, is perfectly fine and is not an act of malice? how is this any different from the despicable acts of the ones you are gunning for?

some consistency please! else, you are exhibiting the same behaviour you are accusing others of.

Your friend Merlot Daruwala has done the same thing to Seva. Merlot's explanation was that Seva had no right to insist on privacy with respect to his real name being used on Sulekha CH since he was giving links to articles written using his real name. Merlot's explanation was given after a protest post by LittleFella.

your and to some extent, max's inconsistency is amusing.

haha. there was a time I was naive enough to believe that and other such claims of righteousness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:08 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
bw wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
bw wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

haha. there was a time I was naive enough to believe that and other such claims of righteousness.

You are becoming an obsessed stalker now. Give it a rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:10 am

Rashmun wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
bw wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
bw wrote:

You are becoming an obsessed stalker now. Give it a rest.

hey i am not the one who revived this old thread. I read something, it triggers a thought and I write about it. That's how it goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2