Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian atrocities against Dalits in TN

+6
Idéfix
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Hellsangel
Maria S
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Rishi
10 posters

Go down

Christian atrocities against Dalits in TN Empty Christian atrocities against Dalits in TN

Post by Rishi Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:01 pm

When Christian upper caste Christians thrust human excreta in Hindu
Dalits Mouths for walking in the street with footwear, media and
pseudo-Dalit leadership look the other way. But a fact finding team
exposes this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t0XcjdiY9I

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Christian atrocities against Dalits in TN Empty Re: Christian atrocities against Dalits in TN

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:04 pm

Rishi wrote:When Christian upper caste Christians thrust human excreta in Hindu
exposes this here.

You are underestimating the influence of JM aka Rev Flimmy Iyer

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Christian atrocities against Dalits in TN Empty Re: Christian atrocities against Dalits in TN

Post by Rishi Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:15 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
exposes this here.

Saar,

Neenga solurudhu onnum puriyalaiye.

Konjam vilakkamaa sollunga.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Rishi wrote:
exposes this here.

Saar,

Neenga solurudhu onnum puriyalaiye.

Konjam vilakkamaa sollunga.

Rev Flimmy Iyer is a representative of the Upper Cashutu Christians. His people are very powerful and influential, and that is why cOps and Dalit Christians will keep quiet.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:22 pm

This news may be sensational, but there is no question there is plenty of casteism among SI Christians- I know in TN it is still prevalent, and I speak up about it..every chance I get and condemn it.

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:28 pm

Maria S wrote:

This news may be sensational, but there is no question there is plenty of casteism among SI Christians- I know in TN it is still prevalent, and I speak up about it..every chance I get and condemn it.

The Nazranis are the worst offenders in that lot.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Maria S wrote:

how do you know that "there is plenty of casteism among SI Christians?" you say, "I know in TN it is still prevalent." in that case, you should only say, "there is plenty of casteism among TN Christians."

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:23 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Maria S wrote:

how do you know that "there is plenty of casteism among SI Christians?" you say, "I know in TN it is still prevalent." in that case, you should only say, "there is plenty of casteism among TN Christians."

Cyclotran Sir ji:

Let me use your latest gay friend's style of argument:

When you were born there was only one Madras State and that stretched all of SI. Tamil Nadu is just an alternate name for Madras State. The Name Madrasi refers to all Southies, and similarly TN refers to all of Madras State.

So Maria madam ji is correct.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:33 am

Yeah, if Bangalore can be part of Madras State, anything is possible.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:54 am

Maria S wrote:

Writers Arundhati Roy and Anand Kurian have written personal accounts of the caste system at work in their community

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caste_system_among_Indian_Christians#Kerala

ha ha, excuse me, ha ha!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:37 am

It is the upper caste Christians who forced a dalit Hindu to eat $shit. So these folks practice this virulent form of casteism across religious categories.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:35 am

So Maria madam ji is correct.

Nandri Saamiyar Sir ji! *E-thothiram ayya!

I am in a sishyai mode this morning.."the truth shall set me free" here:)

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:01 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Maria S wrote:

Writers Arundhati Roy and Anand Kurian have written personal accounts of the caste system at work in their community

ha ha, excuse me, ha ha!

>>>>I had a a kerala christian friend (syrian) who was of the opinion that his ancestors were brahmins; likewise, with a mangalorean catholic friend. This apparently is very much a factor when it comes to marriages in many of these families.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Kris wrote:>>>>I had a a kerala christian friend (syrian) who was of the opinion that his ancestors were brahmins; likewise, with a mangalorean catholic friend. This apparently is very much a factor when it comes to marriages in many of these families.
if i search hard enough, i too will find strong evidence that my ancestors were brahmins. i think i already know. they were brahmins once. under ashoka's rule they became buddhists. later when hinduism got revived, they were forced to accept a lower status, kshatriya, during conversion, because their khap panchayat refused to give them the brahmin certificate for one of their voter id cards was missing -- their doggy moti had eaten it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Kris wrote:>>>>I had a a kerala christian friend (syrian) who was of the opinion that his ancestors were brahmins; likewise, with a mangalorean catholic friend. This apparently is very much a factor when it comes to marriages in many of these families.
if i search hard enough, i too will find strong evidence that my ancestors were brahmins. i think i already know. they were brahmins once. under ashoka's rule they became buddhists. later when hinduism got revived, they were forced to accept a lower status, kshatriya, during conversion, because their khap panchayat refused to give them the brahmin certificate for one of their voter id cards was missing -- their doggy moti had eaten it up.
rofl
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:34 pm

nothing to laugh about. it torments me that i am a kshatriya and not a brahmin. i got traumatized even more when i find traces in my genealogy that suggest that i might not even be kshatriya. What a Face but i have leaned to gloss over them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:nothing to laugh about. it torments me that i am a kshatriya and not a brahmin. i got traumitized even more when i find traces in my genealogy that suggest that i might not even be kshatriya. What a Face but i have leaned to gloss over them.

kshatriyas had money and power. Here is an example from the Satapatha Brahmana i.3.2.15 : the Ksatriya, whenever he likes, says, 'Hello Vaisya, just bring to me what thou has stored away.' Thus he both subdues him and obtains possession of anything he wishes by dint of his very energy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:nothing to laugh about. it torments me that i am a kshatriya and not a brahmin. i got traumatized even more when i find traces in my genealogy that suggest that i might not even be kshatriya. What a Face but i have leaned to gloss over them.
Oh if it bothers you, you should take comfort in the "role" of a brahmin... seeking, acquiring and disseminating knowledge. By that criterion, you are certainly one of them.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:45 pm

Rashmun wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:nothing to laugh about. it torments me that i am a kshatriya and not a brahmin. i got traumitized even more when i find traces in my genealogy that suggest that i might not even be kshatriya. What a Face but i have leaned to gloss over them.

kshatriyas had money and power. Here is an example from the Satapatha Brahmana i.3.2.15 : the Ksatriya, whenever he likes, says, 'Hello Vaisya, just bring to me what thou has stored away.' Thus he both subdues him and obtains possession of anything he wishes by dint of his very energy.
thanks rashmun. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Kris wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Maria S wrote:

ha ha, excuse me, ha ha!

>>>>I had a a kerala christian friend (syrian) who was of the opinion that his ancestors were brahmins; likewise, with a mangalorean catholic friend. This apparently is very much a factor when it comes to marriages in many of these families.
here's my personal experience: i have never known my caste or my family's caste. ours was not a special case. the men and women who married my parents' siblings had no caste, and had no knowledge of their castes either. i do not know of any marriage in my extended family in which caste was a criterion; it couldn't have been because none of them had one.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:13 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:here's my personal experience: i have never known my caste or my family's caste.
then there was no casteism in your family. you should stop extrapolating it to the whole of the syrian christian community in kerala. i think you owe us an apology.
ours was not a special case. the men and women who married my parents' siblings had no caste, and had no knowledge of their castes either. i do not know of any marriage in my extended family in which caste was a criterion; it couldn't have been because none of them had one.
you mean arundhati roy (who you admire) and amath kurian are not syrian christians or part of your family?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:19 pm

JM, please take a look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caste_system_among_Indian_Christians

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Maria S wrote:

ha ha, excuse me, ha ha!

A very interesting link, HK. In the few years I spent at Madras Christian College I did observe strong cliquish behavior among syrian christians, most of whom had a pronounced mallu accent. [JM professes to have no such accent but that might be (I am surmising) due to his prolonged stay in Tamil Nadu, particularly in an educational setting.] Many of them had a superior attitude about themselves --might be because of their casteism or classism--over other Tamil christians on campus. I have also observed similar behavior from JM towards Maria.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Maria S wrote:

Maria, I know in Madurai the nadar christian community considers itself superior to other local christians. Is that what you are referring to?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:00 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Maria S wrote:

ha ha, excuse me, ha ha!

A very interesting link, HK. In the few years I spent at Madras Christian College I did observe strong cliquish behavior among syrian christians, most of whom had a pronounced mallu accent. [JM professes to have no such accent but that might be (I am surmising) due to his prolonged stay in Tamil Nadu, particularly in an educational setting.] Many of them had a superior attitude about themselves --might be because of their casteism or classism--over other Tamil christians on campus. I have also observed similar behavior from JM towards Maria.

at my workplace there's a syrian christian guy in middle management that most of his ppl dislike. he has the same snooty attitude exhibited by the diapered virile 1 dungee here - wont make eye contact with or ack other desis, shuns ppl working for him like he's a medieval little lord fauntleroy , acts like he's running the company single handedly etc all with no good reason. I concluded that from that sample that all syrian christians are douches. this is in accordance with the douchemun method, rubber stamped by the great observer phlegmy.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:34 pm

goodcitizn wrote:A very interesting link, HK. In the few years I spent at Madras Christian College I did observe strong cliquish behavior among syrian christians, most of whom had a pronounced mallu accent. [JM professes to have no such accent but that might be (I am surmising) due to his prolonged stay in Tamil Nadu, particularly in an educational setting.]
irrelevant to this thread.
goodcitizn wrote:Many of them had a superior attitude about themselves --might be because of their casteism or classism--over other Tamil christians on campus. I have also observed similar behavior from JM towards Maria.
you spent some years living in a hall of residence at mcc, but are unable to cite a single instance of caste-based behaviour among the syrian christians! you should examine yourself to better understand the "superior attitude" that you imagined.

moreover, this thread is about caste oppression in thamizh nadu. may i suggest that you discuss it with maria?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:42 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:here's my personal experience: i have never known my caste
You have written about your caste at length on old CH. You can pretend that it is something other than caste, but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:56 pm

goodcitizn wrote:

Maria, I know in Madurai the nadar christian community considers itself superior to other local christians. Is that what you are referring to?

GC,
It's all over SI and in TN and it's not just Madurai..it's Tirunelveli, Kanyakumari, Chennai, Vellore..you name it- caste-subcaste superiority is "reality"..anyone who denies this is- has to be "detached from reality".

*This is not about *some special individual Christians- families/personal experiences and how wonderful we think they are (mine is as wonderful as it gets with fabulous history- when it comes to caste relations!) BUT, anyone who is honest will acknowlege it exists on so many levels..it is obvious- blatant in some places, it is subtle in others (as in marriage alliances..just go to any Indian Christian matrimonial website and check it out..how many are particular and how many are not)..
*To this day we have "self-segregation" when it comes to many Churches..based on caste. *English Churches I must say..are not so bad.
*Church elections and politics - big elections like Bishops..I will challenge anyone to go and see who votes for who. Nadars vs. Dalits vs. other castes/subcastes.
*Of course there is also Tamil Christians vs. Malayalee Christians..a prime example would be CMC Hospital in Vellore.I could go on..
*In the *US..in big cities..it's Tamil Christian Churches/Fellowships..and Malayali Christians and their own Churches/Fellowships..(*certainly language in Church services is an understandable components)..but there is not too much mingling between our communities (with exceptions).

I wish all of the above was not true..and there was no need to make caste anymore..and not sure if that will happen in my lifetime

Last edited by Maria S on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:57 pm

goodcitizn wrote:A very interesting link, HK. In the few years I spent at Madras Christian College I did observe strong cliquish behavior among syrian christians, most of whom had a pronounced mallu accent. [JM professes to have no such accent but that might be (I am surmising) due to his prolonged stay in Tamil Nadu, particularly in an educational setting.]
irrelevant to this thread.
goodcitizn wrote:Many of them had a superior attitude about themselves --might be because of their casteism or classism--over other Tamil christians on campus. I have also observed similar behavior from JM towards Maria.
you spent some years living in a hall of residence at mcc, but are unable to cite a single instance of caste-based behaviour among the syrian christians! you should examine yourself to better understand the "superior attitude" that you imagined.

moreover, this thread is about caste oppression in thamizh nadu. may i suggest that you discuss it with maria?

I don't give a shit about the title of the thread (are you now the title nazi in addition to being a pathetic blue pencil nazi?) since I was responding to HA on his link. As for being able to cite a single instance of caste-based behavior among the syrian christians, you are the prime example of it. If you have the guts, run a poll and see if you aren't a casteist. As for the superior attitude, the person who needs introspection the most is you.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:04 pm

goodcitizn wrote:As for being able to cite a single instance of caste-based behavior among the syrian christians, you are the prime example of it.
you didn't live with me for some years in a hall of residence at mcc. you were not able to cite a single case of caste-based behaviour among the syrian christians with whom you lived!

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:05 pm

goodcitizn wrote:As for being able to cite a single instance of caste-based behavior among the syrian christians, you are the prime example of it.
you didn't live with me for some years in a hall of residence at mcc. you were not able to cite a single case of caste-based behaviour among the syrian christians with whom you lived!
Jerji, are you performing your caste duties by trying to defend the behavior of people of your caste?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:10 pm

Totally irrelevant. Run a poll and see if you aren't a syrian christian casteist.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:11 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:here's my personal experience: i have never known my caste or my family's caste.
then there was no casteism in your family.
Not so fast... remember the time he denied "taking your name" because he had never used your name as his handle? His denial here is a lot like that.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:17 pm

Maria S wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

GC,
It's all over SI and in TN and it's not just Madurai..it's Tirunelveli, Kanyakumari, Chennai, Vellore..you name it- caste-subcaste superiority is "reality"..anyone who denies this is- has to be "detached from reality".

*This is not about *some special individual Christians- families/personal experiences and how wonderful we think they are (mine is as wonderful as it gets with fabulous history- when it comes to caste relations!) BUT, anyone who is honest will acknowlege it exists on so many levels..it is obvious- blatant in some places, it is subtle in others (as in marriage alliances..just go to any Indian Christian matrimonial website and check it out..how many are particular and how many are not)..
*To this day we have "self-segregation" when it comes to many Churches..based on caste. *English Churches I must say..are not so bad.
*Church elections and politics - big elections like Bishops..I will challenge anyone to go and see who votes for who. Nadars vs. Dalits vs. other castes/subcastes.
*Of course there is also Tamil Christians vs. Malayalee Christians..a prime example would be CMC Hospital in Vellore.I could go on..
*In the *US..in big cities..it's Tamil Christian Churches/Fellowships..and Malayali Christians and their own Churches/Fellowships..(*certainly language in Church services is an understandable components)..but there is not too much mingling between our communities (with exceptions).

I wish all of the above was not true..and there was no need to make caste anymore..and not sure if that will happen in my lifetime

Good details, Maria. Yes, those matrimonial sites!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:you didn't live with me for some years in a hall of residence at mcc. you were not able to cite a single case of caste-based behaviour among the syrian christians with whom you lived!
goodcitizn wrote:Totally irrelevant. Run a poll and see if you aren't a syrian christian casteist.
entirely relevant because very few have the experience that you do, living with syrian christians. and that experience - lasting some years - disproves your contention that syrian christians engage in caste-based behaviour.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:you didn't live with me for some years in a hall of residence at mcc. you were not able to cite a single case of caste-based behaviour among the syrian christians with whom you lived!
goodcitizn wrote:Totally irrelevant. Run a poll and see if you aren't a syrian christian casteist.
entirely relevant because very few have the experience that you do, living with syrian christians. and that experience - lasting some years - disproves your contention that syrian christians engage in caste-based behaviour.

these syrian christians are like endangered species, man. you need to go into their lairs, watch them from a distance without making sudden movements, learn to eat like them with hind legs, speak their special language and slowly be accepted into the group. any sudden movement and they scamper away into their dark underground lairs and you cannot observe or interact with them. GC is the jane goodall of syrian christians. he should write a book and produce a NATGEO documentary

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:disproves your contention that syrian christians engage in caste-based behaviour.
Here is some evidence of caste-based behavior exhibited by Syrian Christians. Go to the website http://christian.matrimonialsindia.com/christian-syrian-christian-groom/ and look at the profiles that show up. All the people there list their religion as "Christian" and caste as "Christian Syrian." Several of them specify the caste of their "ideal partner." Feel free to ignore this evidence if it makes you angry, upset, or both.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:51 pm

You are right. I did spend a number of years on MCC campus where I lived with a host of syrian christians, some of whom are still close friends of mine.

My personal observation with many syrian christians is a definite superior attitude based on their caste, no different from what I have observed among many brahmins. To completely deny the existence of such behavior is absolutely ridiculous. To say that you don't have such members in your family is one thing. But to deny its very existence within the syrian christian community is something else.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:55 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:at my workplace there's a syrian christian guy in middle management that most of his ppl dislike. he has the same snooty attitude exhibited by the diapered virile 1 dungee here - wont make eye contact with or ack other desis, shuns ppl working for him like he's a medieval little lord fauntleroy , acts like he's running the company single handedly etc all with no good reason. I concluded that from that sample that all syrian christians are douches. this is in accordance with the douchemun method, rubber stamped by the great observer phlegmy.
in other words, he booted you out of his office when you started a conversation with him about "fleshlights" and "cleveland steamers?"

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:02 pm

DUT! DUT!
I wish you would write a book about anything!Smile
Even a flight manual or an Ad..for anything..would be so colorful and fun to read!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:at my workplace there's a syrian christian guy in middle management that most of his ppl dislike. he has the same snooty attitude exhibited by the diapered virile 1 dungee here - wont make eye contact with or ack other desis, shuns ppl working for him like he's a medieval little lord fauntleroy , acts like he's running the company single handedly etc all with no good reason. I concluded that from that sample that all syrian christians are douches. this is in accordance with the douchemun method, rubber stamped by the great observer phlegmy.
in other words, he booted you out of his office when you started a conversation with him about "fleshlights" and "cleveland steamers?"

LOLu.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:17 pm

phlegmy, how many times have you watched videos of the fleshlights & cleveland steamers since you looked it up on urban dictionary?

on the other Syrian christian douche (not you) I dont interact with that douche except during customer meetings or dinners but his reputation precedes him like bad curry smell.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:31 pm

Maria S wrote:DUT! DUT!
I wish you would write a book about anything!Smile
Even a flight manual or an Ad..for anything..would be so colorful and fun to read!

rofl lol!

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:20 pm

Syrian christians, jews, parsis, jains, sikhs and even buddists were overwhelmed by indian caste system. These groups had hundreds or thousands of years time to practice their no caste religions but all of them failed to ezcape the gravity forces of caste system.
New experiments like islam, christianity never had a chance to escape the strangle hold.
Even social experiments like arya samaj, socialists and even communists get taken in by the everlasting force of caste system.
One of the most clever uses of casteism is displayed by ysr, former ap cm. He was a staunch christian but performed hindu idol worship. He was also the godfather, benefactor of hindu reddy community. He was able to combine dominant hindu reddy leadership with christian sc (mala) community. His son jagan mohan reddy is now poised to win ap cm with the same combination.
It is futile to resist. There is no powerful force in indian culture than caste system.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down