Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Main hun balatkari' ('I am rapist') is not my song, Honey Singh claims before HC

Go down

'Main hun balatkari' ('I am rapist') is not my song, Honey Singh claims before HC Empty 'Main hun balatkari' ('I am rapist') is not my song, Honey Singh claims before HC

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:31 am

CHANDIGARH: Punjabi rap singer Honey Singh who was in the storm of controversy for allegedly singing the song "Main hun balatkari," has said that he has not sung any such song and he has been framed in this case due to "mistaken identity".

Honey Singh has also favoured the setting up of censor board for screening songs before those are sung before public.

These submissions have been made by Honey Singh in an affidavit filed before the Punjab and Haryana high court on Wednesday in pursuance to a petition filed against him.

On May 17 this year, the Punjab police had booked Honey Singh for singing vulgar song.

In his written statement filed before the HC on Wednesday, Honey Singh has also stated that he strongly condemn the lyrics of the song "Main hun balatkari".

"This song is existing on "Youtube" since February, 2008, but I have no connection with this Honey Singh (who has been shown as a singer on the Youtube" says Honey Singh in his reply.

He has also claimed that a complaint to the authorities of "Youtube" in May and August, 2012 and then in January 2013 has also been filed by him in this regard but they are reluctant to solve the problem.

"The person (fake Honey Singh or any other name), who has sung this very song and uploaded on the internet portal should be prosecuted for the wrong done by him and in this regard, the responsibility of the internet portal should also be fixed, in case they have acted in contravention of the provisions of law," said Honey Singh in his reply.

Honey Singh has also stated that he has been subjected to a lot of harassment because of registration of FIR, and is not able to concentrate on his work, which requires extensive mental attention and accuracy. Now, the matter would come up for hearing on Thursday before the Punjab and Haryana high court.

The matter had reached before the HC through a public interest litigation (PIL) filed by NGO called HELP of Nawanshar in Punjab seeking directions to set up some effective mechanism for curbing the menace of obscene/vulgar/lewd songs from the state of Punjab. PIL filed through advocate H C Arora had submitted that all limits of decency are being violated by such songs. Arora referred to provisions of section 294 of Indian Penal code (IPC), according to which singing of lewd/ obscene songs at public places is an offence.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Main-hun-balatkari-is-not-my-song-Honey-Singh-claims-before-HC/articleshow/20895007.cms
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down