Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huzefa Kapasi's movie review -- Baiju Bawra

2 posters

Go down

Huzefa Kapasi's movie review -- Baiju Bawra Empty Huzefa Kapasi's movie review -- Baiju Bawra

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:57 pm

*puke*

Back to top Go down

Huzefa Kapasi's movie review -- Baiju Bawra Empty Re: Huzefa Kapasi's movie review -- Baiju Bawra

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:33 am

are you saying you actually watched this movie?
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Huzefa Kapasi's movie review -- Baiju Bawra Empty Re: Huzefa Kapasi's movie review -- Baiju Bawra

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:11 am

no. i watched it when i was 13/14. it was an excruciatingly long and boring movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:29 am

oh ok. i have rarely ventured into the black & white movies. indeed, all those movies that were made before my time. i've tried but i found most of them very boring.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:55 am

the only black and white movie i have thoroughly enjoyed (including the songs) was pyaasa. i watched it when i was vacationing in india after finishing my first year of college. i was so moved by the film (the good old days of existential angst) that i watched it twice. the only other b&w film i have enjoyed was mother india (but i watched it in colour which was incorporated later).

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:02 am

Captain Bhankas wrote:oh ok. i have rarely ventured into the black & white movies. indeed, all those movies that were made before my time. i've tried but i found most of them very boring.

Haha..same here. I have a couple of unkils at work who are huge movie buffs. So when they start waxing eloquent on some movie I've never heard of, I first ask: is this from the B&W era? If the answer is yes, I just zone out. That's now become a standing joke at work. Any time I make the mistake of asking them about some movie, the response is, "Why are you asking? It's a black and white movie anyway".
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:08 am

my god, listening to this song after donkey years and mohd. rafi gave me goosebumps:

Jala Do Isey, Phoonk Dalo Yeh Duniya.
Mere Saamne Se Hata Lo Yeh Duniya,
Tumhari Hai Tum Hi Sambhalo Yeh Duniya,
Yeh Duniya Agar Mil Bhi Jaye To Kya Hai?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:15 am

i also liked b&w kabuliwallah, satyajit ray's apu trilogy and some of his other films.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:18 am

Before tv came in 1982, our village used to do screenings of movies on big screens out in the open every Sunday. We went to it religiously. And even though I would be playing on the swing sets half of the time and would be more interested in the gold spot or limca that my parents indulged in only on Sundays (thumbs up was too strong for me), I did end up watching most of the movies, many of which were B&W movies and pretty much all the movies from 50s through 70s that could come in a reel. This tradition sorta died down after doordarshan took over, but then good old dd also played good old B&W or old-colored movies most Sundays and was it Thursdays? Other than that, mom would drag us to the theatres every time they re-released mughal-e-azam. Even though my memory is faded on actual stories, I do remember enjoying those. So yessir, do not diss them movies. Dont tell me you haven't watched Chalti ka naam gaadi, and other kishore kumar, dev anand, meena kumari, raj kapoor or dilip kumar movies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:01 am

that's right. i have never watched any b&w movie of these actors.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:35 am

What about Charlie Chaplin and others from the time? And the comedy shows?

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bhankas Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:40 am

i have not watched charlie chaplin shows either although i have seen some clips. i recall watching Three Stooges (b&w) when it was aired by Sony in india a few years ago.

i have seen several b&w marathi movies though.
Captain Bhankas
Captain Bhankas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down