Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ready to return Bharat Ratna if Vajpayee asks, Amartya Sen says

+2
Merlot Daruwala
Seva Lamberdar
6 posters

Go down

Ready to return Bharat Ratna if Vajpayee asks, Amartya Sen says Empty Ready to return Bharat Ratna if Vajpayee asks, Amartya Sen says

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:55 am

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Ready-to-return-Bharat-Ratna-if-Vajpayee-asks-Amartya-Sen-says/articleshow/21335057.cms
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Ready to return Bharat Ratna if Vajpayee asks, Amartya Sen says Empty Re: Ready to return Bharat Ratna if Vajpayee asks, Amartya Sen says

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:04 pm

Unkil, despite our ardent desire to get you the Bharat Ratna for your sterling contributions to Hinduism, Carvaka and I have failed to make any impression with the fukular Hindu-hating CONgoon dispensation.

But here's a golden opportunity for you. The BJP wants to take away Sen's BR and the good prof is ready to return it if Vajpayee asks. So why don't you just ask Vajpayee to instruct Sen to hand over the BR to you? You gain the Bharat Ratna. Amartya Sen gains the freedom to diss the BJP some more. And Hindutva gains a befitting intellectual icon in you. Win win all around.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Ready to return Bharat Ratna if Vajpayee asks, Amartya Sen says Empty Re: Ready to return Bharat Ratna if Vajpayee asks, Amartya Sen says

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Merlot, don't waste your time trying to get me a Bharat Ratna .... I don't have a place to hang it or keep it safely.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:21 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:Merlot, don't waste your time trying to get me a Bharat Ratna  .... I don't have a place to hang it or keep it safely.

No, no Unkil. Don't be so hard-hearted. Please don't deny Hindutva the intellectual leadership it deserves.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:56 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Unkil, despite our ardent desire to get you the Bharat Ratna for your sterling contributions to Hinduism, Carvaka and I have failed to make any impression with the fukular Hindu-hating CONgoon dispensation.

But here's a golden opportunity for you. The BJP wants to take away Sen's BR and the good prof is ready to return it if Vajpayee asks. So why don't you just ask Vajpayee to instruct Sen to hand over the BR to you? You gain the Bharat Ratna. Amartya Sen gains the freedom to diss the BJP some more. And Hindutva gains a befitting intellectual icon in you. Win win all around.

Slow day Maulana????

What is the inside scoop on your net Friday project?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:18 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Unkil, despite our ardent desire to get you the Bharat Ratna for your sterling contributions to Hinduism, Carvaka and I have failed to make any impression with the fukular Hindu-hating CONgoon dispensation.

Meanwhile, we will try and get you and Carvaka fukular-B-ratna ASAP since CONwallahs won't be in power for too long (unless they bribe K'nidhi, Soren's son, Mulayam, Laloo, et al.).

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:30 pm

Was ever a prestigeous award like a Bharat Ratna, or a Nobel ever taken back? I've heard of Congressional Medal of Honors being returned - voluntarily, however, but no one was asked to give it up.
Also, I know Mahatma Gandhi was not awarded a Nobel, but did he receive a Bharat Ratna, or was it not even instituted before his death?

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:30 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:Merlot, don't waste your time trying to get me a Bharat Ratna  .... I don't have a place to hang it or keep it safely.

No, no Unkil. Don't be so hard-hearted. Please don't deny Hindutva the intellectual leadership it deserves.

LOL. I am sorry to disappoint you and your Hindutva colleagues.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:19 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

LOL. I am sorry to disappoint you and your Hindutva colleagues.
Sevaji, are you trying to change teams so the UPA government will finally recognize your contributions that the NDA government ignored? If so, I must say it's the best move you have made in years.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:25 am

indophile wrote:Was ever a prestigeous award like a Bharat Ratna, or a Nobel ever taken back? I've heard of Congressional Medal of Honors being returned - voluntarily, however, but no one was asked to give it up.
Also, I know Mahatma Gandhi was not awarded a Nobel, but did he receive a Bharat Ratna, or was it not even instituted before his death?

I am not sure and I have no patience to google.

Still, I hope they did not /do not give Barat Ratna to Gandhi and make him part of the crowd of the scoundrels.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:30 am

Bharat Ratna is at the Rajiv Gandhi-MGR level, not at the original Gandhi level.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down