Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this white trash or not?

+9
Seva Lamberdar
Kris
SomeProfile
MaxEntropy_Man
pravalika nanda
Propagandhi711
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Idéfix
Bittu
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is this white trash or not? Empty Is this white trash or not?

Post by Bittu Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:12 pm

My stupid wife bought these placards that she has hung in the house - in the sun room, family room and kitchen. These are plywood, painted boards that have just text on them. Slogans. I don't know what the fuck you call them. Here are two examples:

1. REMEMBER, THERE ARE NO MISTAKES, ONLY LESSONS.

2. BEING A FAMILY MEANS YOU ARE A PART OF SOMETHING VERY WONDERFUL. IT MEANS YOU WILL LOVE AND BE LOVED FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. NO MATTER WHAT.

I tried telling this stupid jatni that this is pure white trash nonsense and she needs to fucking THINK things through. She says, "This is my house too and I can furnish some things the way I want to."

To me, this shyt is no better than the redneck who has a bumper sticker on his car "My other driver is Jesus" or idiots who have that "Baby on Board" placard in their cars, like some drunk driver is going to look at that board and go "oh let me not pass out and crash into THIS car because I don't want to kill any babies"

If she doesn't relent and see the fucking light, I'm going to order this board and hang it in the foyer:

3. BEING A JATNI MEANS YOU ARE A PART OF SOMETHING VERY STUPID. IT MEANS YOU WILL BE STUPID FOR THE REST OF YOUR WRETCHED LIFE. NO MATTER WHAT.

Thoughts?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Is this white trash or not? Empty Re: Is this white trash or not?

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:17 pm

Bittu wrote:My stupid wife bought these placards that she has hung in the house - in the sun room, family room and kitchen. These are plywood, painted boards that have just text on them. Slogans. I don't know what the fuck you call them. Here are two examples:

2. BEING A FAMILY MEANS YOU ARE A PART OF SOMETHING VERY WONDERFUL. IT MEANS YOU WILL LOVE AND BE LOVED FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. NO MATTER WHAT.

I tried telling this stupid jatni that this is pure white trash nonsense and she needs to fucking THINK things through. She says, "This is my house too and I can furnish some things the way I want to."

To me, this shyt is no better than the redneck who has a bumper sticker on his car "My other driver is Jesus" or idiots who have that "Baby on Board" placard in their cars, like some drunk driver is going to look at that board and go "oh let me not pass out and crash into THIS car because I don't want to kill any babies"

If she doesn't relent and see the fucking light, I'm going to order this board and hang it in the foyer:

3. BEING A JATNI MEANS YOU ARE A PART OF SOMETHING VERY STUPID. IT MEANS YOU WILL BE STUPID FOR THE REST OF YOUR WRETCHED LIFE. NO MATTER WHAT.

Thoughts?
lol!  Order it, and also order some booze, because you are going to need it.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:18 pm

Bittu wrote:My stupid wife bought these placards that she has hung in the house - in the sun room, family room and kitchen. These are plywood, painted boards that have just text on them. Slogans. I don't know what the fuck you call them. Here are two examples:

Thoughts?
rofl 

Edison...... we have a problem...

I think your Jatni-Patni is having a mid-life crisis.

Dude.. I can tell you one thing... going by my Pani's behaviour you are in deepER shyt...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:19 pm

very

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:05 pm

Thoughts?
I was going to tell you to hide all her bank cards and cash and lock her up in the house but then she might bring out some crayons and construction paper and start making hand-made boards. Why can't you just let her be stupid? You're not that much better.

But over the weekend, you guys definitely need to get out of the house and go to the park, maybe some horse-back riding and get her something nice from tiffany's. You don't want to hurt someone you love.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:27 pm

i was gifted a gita something calendar type thing, i think by XH's dad or aunt. It hangs on one of our laundry room walls. guess that's about it..

ohhh years ago, when i had just began seeing XH in college, we had gone to Kulu Manali, and on the mall road, they sold these little wooden things with small messages on them. I think I bought 2-3 of them. I forgot what was written on the other two, they must at my rent's place. But one I had bought as a gift for XH. It said, 'Love me less, but love me long'. I think he always kept it, and if I search around the house I might find it. Or maybe not. I do remember looking at it once, and getting emotionally mad. I now don't remember if I threw it away or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:45 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
I was going to tell you to hide all her bank cards and cash and lock her up in the house but then she might bring out some crayons and construction paper and start making hand-made boards. Why can't you just let her be stupid? You're not that much better.

But over the weekend, you guys definitely need to get out of the house and go to the park, maybe some horse-back riding and get her something nice from tiffany's. You don't want to hurt someone you love.
PN tera koi screw loose hai kya?! Zaroor hoga, I'm pancho positive.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:47 pm

Bittu wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

PN tera koi screw loose hai kya?! Zaroor hoga, I'm pancho positive.
 let us know when you come up with something better.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:51 pm

You got some blood sugar or full moon/half moon thing where you go from kinda sorta nutty to full blown stone cold nuts, pn? Who the fuck goes horseback riding?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:21 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:You got some blood sugar or full moon/half moon thing where you go from kinda sorta nutty to full blown stone cold nuts, pn? Who the fuck goes horseback riding?
ann romney
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:43 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:You got some blood sugar or full moon/half moon thing where you go from kinda sorta nutty to full blown stone cold nuts, pn? Who the fuck goes horseback riding?
ann romney
lol!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:46 am

Apparently bitches like horses:

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:04 am

Bittu wrote:

Thoughts?
>>>How y'all doin' Bubba?

Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:44 am

Kris wrote:
Bittu wrote:

Thoughts?
>>>How y'all doin' Bubba?

Smile
 now's the time to ask if his wife wears cutoffs

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:55 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
ann romney
 well ann rmoney's in the 1%...PN's probably in the 1% of cheapskate tippers, or maybe .01%

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:05 am

You know what's really funny in this? She's defiant and firmly holding her ground on this issue. Usually if there's a disconnect, either party sees the other person's POV and an agreement or compromise is reached in due course of time. In THIS case, nothing. She's absolutely certain these slogans look grand and meaningful. I'm 50% amused, 50% ticked off at her stubbornness.

So here's the plan. One of these days I'm going to just pluck these goddamn things very early in the morning and put them out in the garbage can on collection day. She'll be fuckin LIVID when she wakes up and finds them missing but she'll settle down eventually. IMO there's no other way out of this.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:21 am

Bittu wrote:You know what's really funny in this? She's defiant and firmly holding her ground on this issue. Usually if there's a disconnect, either party sees the other person's POV and an agreement or compromise is reached in due course of time. In THIS case, nothing. She's absolutely certain these slogans look grand and meaningful. I'm 50% amused, 50% ticked off at her stubbornness.

So here's the plan. One of these days I'm going to just pluck these goddamn things very early in the morning and put them out in the garbage can on collection day. She'll be fuckin LIVID when she wakes up and finds them missing but she'll settle down eventually. IMO there's no other way out of this.
 K did this with me sometimes. He is out now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:32 am

Bittu wrote:You know what's really funny in this? She's defiant and firmly holding her ground on this issue. Usually if there's a disconnect, either party sees the other person's POV and an agreement or compromise is reached in due course of time. In THIS case, nothing. She's absolutely certain these slogans look grand and meaningful. I'm 50% amused, 50% ticked off at her stubbornness.

have you considered taking her on a trip to hawaii and visiting the volcano they have over there?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:35 am

Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Bittu wrote:You know what's really funny in this? She's defiant and firmly holding her ground on this issue. ...... She'll be fuckin LIVID when she wakes up and finds them missing but she'll settle down eventually. IMO there's no other way out of this.
Now you have given him much hope and encouragement.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:49 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Vidya Bagchi wrote:
Bittu wrote:You know what's really funny in this? She's defiant and firmly holding her ground on this issue. ...... She'll be fuckin LIVID when she wakes up and finds them missing but she'll settle down eventually. IMO there's no other way out of this.
 oh right. now we have a working template of what works

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:04 am

THIS.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:05 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
 have you considered taking her on a trip to hawaii and visiting the volcano they have over there?
You are gult. Please give "cost effective" gultish ideas. Trip to Niagra Falls. at night.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:10 am

Bittu wrote: My stupid wife bought these placards that she has hung in the house - in the sun room, family room and kitchen. These are plywood, painted boards that have just text on them. Slogans. I don't know what the fuck you call them. Here are two examples:

Thoughts?
Before you hang the above sticker (# 3) in the foyer make sure the "jatni" is not bigger and stronger than you, otherwise you could be drinking soup through the tube in the bed for next 3 months.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:16 am

Bittu wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
You are gult. Please give "cost effective" gultish ideas. Trip to Niagra Falls. at night.
makes no sense to give cost effective gultish ideas to a label whore shopaholic jat, does it?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:18 am

>>I was going to suggest outdoing her by getting a bunch of old cars, popping the hood open on all of them and parking them on your front lawn and picking up a drawl when you speak Smile Seriously though, just let it go for the sake of long term peace. These battles aren't worth it.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:19 am

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
Bittu wrote: My stupid wife bought these placards that she has hung in the house - in the sun room, family room and kitchen. These are plywood, painted boards that have just text on them. Slogans. I don't know what the fuck you call them. Here are two examples:

Thoughts?
Before you hang the above sticker (# 3) in the foyer make sure the "jatni" is not bigger and stronger than you, otherwise you could be drinking soup through the tube in the bed for next 3 months.
 lol!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:20 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
makes no sense to give cost effective gultish ideas to a label whore shopaholic jat, does it?
Oh I'm glad you brought this up. For a while now, I've been buying no-label no-logo shirts only. and that direction shall continue.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:48 am

Bittu wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Oh I'm glad you brought this up. For a while now, I've been buying no-label no-logo shirts only. and that direction shall continue.
 maybe the alcohol abstinence has upset your balance

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:57 am

Kris wrote:
Bittu wrote:You know what's really funny in this? She's defiant and firmly holding her ground on this issue.
>>I was going to suggest outdoing her by getting a bunch of old cars, popping the hood open on all of them and parking them on your front lawn and picking up a drawl when you speak :)Seriously though, just let it go for the sake of long term peace. These battles aren't worth it.
Husband-wife relationship is like India-Pakistan relationship in every way. There is never complete peace and no long-term peace. Only a 1000 year war or life-long war.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:16 pm

Kris wrote:Seriously though, just let it go for the sake of long term peace. These battles aren't worth it.
It's not a battle or even close to it. She put these up a year ago and I barely noticed. About six months ago I did finally notice and realized this is a really stupid, trashy thing to do. I raised my concern and I was shot down. That was the end of that. A few weeks ago I hosted a party and one of my old friends noticed these boards and said, quote "Oye pancho Bittu what the fuck is this shyt yaar?!" The next day I brought up this topic again but she wouldn't budge. Forgot about it again, but now I think I just need to lay down the law and show her who's boss. I'm hosting some more people this Saturday and these aren't old friends. I don't want to give white trashy impressions to neighbors.

Here's one more board she has hoisted up, right above the kids' blackboard:

I BELIEVE THAT EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. PEOPLE CHANGE SO THAT YOU CAN LEARN TO LET GO. THINGS GO WRONG SO YOU CAN APPRECIATE THEM WHEN THEY'RE RIGHT. YOU BELIEVE LIES SO YOU'LL EVENTUALLY LEARN TO TRUST NO ONE BUT YOURSELF, AND SOME TIMES GOOD THINGS FALL APART SO BETTER THINGS CAN FALL TOGETHER.

Can't believe I married this villager, FML.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:32 pm

Bittu wrote:

I BELIEVE THAT EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. PEOPLE CHANGE SO THAT YOU CAN LEARN TO LET GO. THINGS GO WRONG SO YOU CAN APPRECIATE THEM WHEN THEY'RE RIGHT. YOU BELIEVE LIES SO YOU'LL EVENTUALLY LEARN TO TRUST NO ONE BUT YOURSELF, AND SOME TIMES GOOD THINGS FALL APART SO BETTER THINGS CAN FALL TOGETHER.

One of two things:

Either she is under some Sunday school influence OR she is just gave a pre-divorce notice.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:38 pm

100 % Christian talk. May God save ya. And yeah, Jesus loves you Razz.

PS: got a chance to log in briefly. I may not be back soon. Hope y'all doing fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:46 pm

Bittu wrote:

Am guessing she didn't go to convent school. Else she must use outgrown all this moral science type talking.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:05 pm

Thoughts?
JAT -- Just Avoid Them
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:08 pm

I forgot to ask her if she custom ordered the text or if they are all ready-made.

"SOME TIMES GOOD THINGS FALL APART SO BETTER THINGS CAN FALL TOGETHER."

should be

"SOMETIMES GOOD THINGS FALL APART SO BETTER THINGS CAN COME TOGETHER."

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:19 pm

I like that saying actually. See those on fb walls of people all the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:34 pm

I've these artful wall decors with sensible words in every room. LOL I got those on sale - can you believe the original price of one of the cards was $199 and it was on sale for 19.99....so?

Everyone talks about the cards and wonder if we really follow them!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:40 pm

Bittu wrote:I forgot to ask her if she custom ordered the text or if they are all ready-made.

should be

Man...if this is the sort of Bullshytting she wants, ask her to contact me.. at least I will try to spin a few that is at least half-funny, and not this boring and preachy.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:57 am

it's very common in the larger city parks to offer guided horse-back riding when it's not too cold.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:00 am

Bittu wrote:
Kris wrote:Seriously though, just let it go for the sake of long term peace. These battles aren't worth it.
It's not a battle or even close to it. She put these up a year ago and I barely noticed. About six months ago I did finally notice and realized this is a really stupid, trashy thing to do. I raised my concern and I was shot down. That was the end of that. A few weeks ago I hosted a party and one of my old friends noticed these boards and said, quote "Oye pancho Bittu what the fuck is this shyt yaar?!" The next day I brought up this topic again but she wouldn't budge. Forgot about it again, but now I think I just need to lay down the law and show her who's boss. I'm hosting some more people this Saturday and these aren't old friends. I don't want to give white trashy impressions to neighbors.

that's horrible, who cares what your friend thinks! it's her house, not his.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:27 am

Nila wrote:I've these artful wall decors with sensible words in every room. LOL I got those on sale - can you believe the original price of one of the cards was $199 and it was on sale for 19.99....so?

Did you follow this thread? You're like the ant in a picnic basket. Or, a toast in an ant hill. Not sure which one.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:06 am

Nila wrote:I've these artful wall decors with sensible words in every room. LOL I got those on sale - can you believe the original price of one of the cards was $199 and it was on sale for 19.99....so?

ahhhhhh.....is there a Southie equivalent for Jatni-Patni?

You paid what ???? for that kind of BS ???

Did I miss a few millions with the likes of Nilamma and Jatni?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:24 am

goodcitizn wrote:

Did you follow this thread? You're like the ant in a picnic basket. Or, a toast in an ant hill. Not sure which one.
periodically we all forget what geniuses we are married to. nila does her noble duty by reminding us how much worse things could have been. even OP can take comfort in that

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:57 am

hidimbi?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:11 am

goodcitizn wrote:

Ant? Picnic basket Ant? I will pick the toast in an ant hill...Ungaloda Ka GC.

I know what it is all about - it is coz of my phrase "I pretend to know no tamil" GC I am a kannadiga and I learnt tamil to read and write coz I like it - coz of other reasons as well. But do you know to read and write Kannda? Whatever it is GC....KA! I am not reading your posts anymore.

KA!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:12 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
hidimbi?
scratch sounds like hidimba, the character from mahabharat.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:28 am

Nila wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

Ant? Picnic basket Ant? I will pick the toast in an ant hill...Ungaloda Ka GC.

I know what it is all about - it is coz of my phrase "I pretend to know no tamil" GC I am a kannadiga and I learnt tamil to read and write coz I like it - coz of other reasons as well. But do you know to read and write Kannda? Whatever it is GC....KA! I am not reading your posts anymore.
KA!
Ka? Heehee, be that way. It's Friday, yeah, and it's all pazham from me.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:28 am

UngalaYella THirthavae Mudiyathu. Even when India celebrates 166th year of independence - the suchers will be discriminating between north vs south. 

Happy Vara Lakshmi Pooja everyone!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:55 am

Bittu wrote:I forgot to ask her if she custom ordered the text or if they are all ready-made.

should be

Sorry... your inglish needs to be modernized. She was smart in Rhymizing the statement with a FALL.......FALL.

You need to take a lesson from Jebi Achachan on how not to speak/write engleesh.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:01 am

Nila wrote:

UngalaYella THirthavae Mudiyathu. Even when India celebrates 166th year of independence - the suchers will be discriminating between north vs south. 

Happy Vara Lakshmi Pooja everyone!
Wait... shouldn't you do pooja to VaraAtha Lakshmi? So that she will come into you wallet - or better...Make a plaque and mount it on your wall.

Talking about SuCH and NI/SI fights, did you watch the debate on Naarthie/Southie dress between two groups of Naarthie/Southie College girls? - on Vijay TV. The naarthi girls dragged skin color, slim/fat, and all other politically incorrect comments...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next