Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Move over IITians, OU grads make it bigger in US

+2
Rishi
confuzzled dude
6 posters

Go down

Move over IITians, OU grads make it bigger in US Empty Move over IITians, OU grads make it bigger in US

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:22 pm

"Engineering graduates from Osmania University are proving to be more successful than IITians in the Silicon Valley, says a survey by professors of various US varsities. The study revealed that people who graduated from smaller institutions like Osmania University, Bombay University and Delhi University outnumbered their IIT peers in setting up companies there."

Prof. Uma Maheshwar Rao of OUCE says IITians tend to get attracted to jobs in the financial sector, deviating from the technology sector unlike graduates from conventional colleges who stick to their core areas.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/move-over-iitians-ou-grads-make-it-bigger-in-us/article5056307.ece

-> Prof. Uma Maheswara Rao hit the nail on the head.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Move over IITians, OU grads make it bigger in US Empty Re: Move over IITians, OU grads make it bigger in US

Post by Rishi Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:52 pm

I know personally some Osmania graduates who are doing extremely well.

The guy who founded in 1988 the supply chain management company i2 technologies got his undergraduate from Osmania.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Move over IITians, OU grads make it bigger in US Empty Re: Move over IITians, OU grads make it bigger in US

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:26 pm

Rishi wrote:I know personally some Osmania graduates who are doing extremely well.

The guy who founded in 1988 the supply chain management company i2 technologies got his undergraduate from Osmania.
Oh yeah.. I remember ITWO...

It gave SAP, TCS, and all the biggies a run for their money. Here is the kicker. That CEO graduated from osmania Univ (OU) and then from OU - Oklahoma Univ.

In fact, it is true the IITians - tend to get kidnapped by financial sector with a higher pay, and the JEE topping smart guys are so bad in long term calculations...Except the likes of Raghuram Raghavan.

There are some highly successful IITians like that Vikram Pandit but they all went into economics, finance, and YemBeeAAs. But, sheer number wise those determined from other non-IITs (note the absence of apostrophe) succeeded and contributed more to engineering, industry and jobs.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:31 pm

Saamiyaar,

Vikram Pandit was born in Nagpur. He got all his degrees from Columbia University.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:37 pm

Looks like KCR's Andhrawalon bhaago has an effect on Seemandhra students at OU!  Smile Smile Smile

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Rishi wrote:Saamiyaar,

Vikram Pandit was born in Nagpur. He got all his degrees from Columbia University.
I got him mixed up with Rajat Gupta. What a mistake....I have committed a big sin and disgraced this august Journal with inaccurate information.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:15 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Rishi wrote:Saamiyaar,

I got him mixed up with Rajat Gupta.  What a mistake....I have committed a big sin and disgraced this august Journal with inaccurate information.
Now you need to sit on a tack in order to redeem your repentant ass.

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:22 am

you douches ever get beyond schools and castes?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:58 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Prof. Uma Maheshwar Rao of OUCE says IITians tend to get attracted to jobs in the financial sector, deviating from the technology sector unlike graduates from conventional colleges who stick to their core areas.
very well said. IITs are probably the world's BEST filtering test for selecting the most talented pool every year. but they do not nurture the talent. in many cases they destroy it, by, say, dumping agricultural engineering on you when you had been attracted to a different discipline like caste quota and engineering or vedic mining and machinery. but you have to take the discipline they give you because you don't want to let go of the "IIT" tag. some brave hearts say NO to IITs for these reasons. i know of one (he went to golgotia college of engg. for aeronautical engg. eventually) and he is "very happy."

i like the american system that acknowledges your talent and then, after admission, gives you leeway to select your stream. in india colleges try to force premature birth. the first year of undergrad is really too early for a kid to decide (leave alone at the time of admission)!

edit. my kid did not get his stream (ECE) in manipal but he got it in a lesser renowned college but is he happy!

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:03 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
very well said. IITs are probably the world's BEST filtering test for selecting the most talented pool every year. but they do not nurture the talent. in many cases they destroy it, by, say, dumping agricultural engineering on you when you had been attracted to a different discipline like caste quota and engineering or vedic mining and machinery. but you have to take the discipline they give you because you don't want to let go of the "IIT" tag. some brave hearts say NO to IITs for these reasons. i know of one (he went to golgotia college of engg. for aeronautical engg. eventually) and he is "very happy."

i like the american system that acknowledges your talent and then, after admission, gives you leeway to select your stream. in india colleges try to force premature birth. the first year of undergrad is really too early for a kid to decide (leave alone at the time of admission)!
lol@caste quota & engineering, vedic mining & machinery

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down