View previous topic View next topic Go down

Waar

Post by Hellsangel on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:33 am

Hellsangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Waar

Post by confuzzled dude on Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Why are you advertising this crap sponsored by a known terrorist sympathizer/outfit? I understand a few American dollars (courtesy of GOP) might went into making of this but still.. I wouldn't bother clicking on these trailers even if I was paid.

confuzzled dude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:38 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Why are you advertising this crap sponsored by a known terrorist sympathizer/outfit? I understand a few American dollars (courtesy of GOP) might went into making of this but still.. I wouldn't bother clicking on these trailers even if I was paid.
This might come as news to WaPo brigade members, but the Bush Administration was far friendlier to India than the Clinton or Obama Administration ever have been. Some of the most anti-Indian Congressmen are liberal Democrats from the Bay State.
Hellsangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:59 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:Why are you advertising this crap sponsored by a known terrorist sympathizer/outfit? I understand a few American dollars (courtesy of GOP) might went into making of this but still.. I wouldn't bother clicking on these trailers even if I was paid.
This might come as news to WaPo brigade members, but the Bush Administration was far friendlier to India than the Clinton or Obama Administration ever have been. Some of the most anti-Indian Congressmen are liberal Democrats from the Bay State.
Could very well be the case but my point is about Pakistan & ISI.

confuzzled dude

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:12 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Could very well be the case but my point is about Pakistan & ISI.
The ISI and Pakistan are funded courtesy of the GOP and the Democrats have nothing to dfo with it? Who recently restored funding to Pakistan? Must be nice to live in WaPo brigade lala land.
Hellsangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:58 am

Now I am waiting for the NY Times review of this movie.
Hellsangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:30 pm

texas hellsu for the links to the reviews. they were interesting. please post the NYT review if you happen to chance upon it. the analysis of whether waar is/was a hit was eye opening. you can never have a "hit" in pakistan (even if there is a drone and flying bullets in the movie). pakistan suffers from a paucity of theatres. the author did not elaborate why. but he did say that theatres were not a remunerative business -- i wonder why? and the budget of this flick was huge. it will end up as a flop by his standards despite its outstanding collections at the box office. the critical reception seems to be poor (movie drags). but ram gopal verma was "stunned" (he got hit!) by the movie so it is must watch for me. i love ram gopal verma for the extremely brilliant boring films he makes (save a few). actually his remake of sholay was ART but he "hits" the bullseye 1 out of 100 times. got to applaud the man for his perseverance though. and yes, my question stands answered -- the movie carries urdu subtitles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel on Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:59 pm

Now on Netflix.
Hellsangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top