Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tarun Tejpal's open letter to Sonia Gandhi

3 posters

Go down

Tarun Tejpal's open letter to Sonia Gandhi Empty Tarun Tejpal's open letter to Sonia Gandhi

Post by Rishi Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:00 pm

http://archive.tehelka.com/story_main41.asp?filename=Ne300509mrs_gandhi.asp

Mercifully, your boy seems more in touch with the soul of India than those who try and barter deities for votes. A man from your party once told me, disparagingly, “Sure, he is wellmeaning. He wants to help old ladies cross the street. It’s no good.” I wonder what he thinks now. Young men who help old ladies cross the street can also grow up to steer nations across rocky roads.

Can I leave you with one last quote (though it’s likely you already know it)? A man far greater than you, far greater than any we have known, once said, “To be in good moral condition requires at least as much training as to be in good physical condition.” This man was called Jawahar, the jewel. His books line your room. As freely as ye have received, freely should you give them on to your newly exuberant flock, and that of your son. The jewel’s words will make their morality robust. After all, it is still on this man’s plinth that we build our dreams.

And yes, as I bid you speed and strength, with the extra god by your side, may I make a final plea. You have given us of yourself, and of your son. Now will you kindly also give unto us your luminous daughter.

YOURS EXPECTANTLY,
TARUN

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Tarun Tejpal's open letter to Sonia Gandhi Empty Re: Tarun Tejpal's open letter to Sonia Gandhi

Post by truthbetold Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:19 pm

One more prostrating Indian journalist in the great tradition of horizontally inclined intellectuals.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Tarun Tejpal's open letter to Sonia Gandhi Empty Re: Tarun Tejpal's open letter to Sonia Gandhi

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Rishi wrote:http://archive.tehelka.com/story_main41.asp?filename=Ne300509mrs_gandhi.asp

Mercifully, your boy seems more in touch with the soul of India than those who try and barter deities for votes. A man from your party once told me, disparagingly, “Sure, he is wellmeaning. He wants to help old ladies cross the street. It’s no good.” I wonder what he thinks now. Young men who help old ladies cross the street can also grow up to steer nations across rocky roads.

Can I leave you with one last quote (though it’s likely you already know it)? A man far greater than you, far greater than any we have known, once said, “To be in good moral condition requires at least as much training as to be in good physical condition.” This man was called Jawahar, the jewel. His books line your room. As freely as ye have received, freely should you give them on to your newly exuberant flock, and that of your son. The jewel’s words will make their morality robust. After all, it is still on this man’s plinth that we build our dreams.

And yes, as I bid you speed and strength, with the extra god by your side, may I make a final plea. You have given us of yourself, and of your son. Now will you kindly also give unto us your luminous daughter.

YOURS EXPECTANTLY,
TARUN

Why ? So he can get her into a "lift" and lift her skirt for his famed two-finger salute?

P.S. talk about sucking up to PiSS Gods.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down