Profile id change

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Profile id change

Post by artood2 on Tue May 03, 2011 4:27 am

Whoa: it allows you to change profile ids. i just changed mine from artood2 to R2D2. would be good to turn it off.
avatar
artood2

Posts : 1321
Join date : 2011-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Profile id change

Post by Admin on Tue May 03, 2011 9:24 am

artood2 wrote:Whoa: it allows you to change profile ids. i just changed mine from artood2 to R2D2. would be good to turn it off.
Yeah, people can change their handle names. I thought it would be fun to allow it. What do others think? I can disable that if people don't want it.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 152
Join date : 2011-04-28
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile http://such.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Profile id change

Post by Hellsangel on Tue May 03, 2011 10:50 am

Admin wrote:
artood2 wrote:Whoa: it allows you to change profile ids. i just changed mine from artood2 to R2D2. would be good to turn it off.
Yeah, people can change their handle names. I thought it would be fun to allow it. What do others think? I can disable that if people don't want it.



I think it would be good to leave it in. His Holiness can once again become Uppili.
avatar
Hellsangel

Posts : 14349
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Profile id change

Post by artood2 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:12 pm

I think this is one of the things which can trigger psychotic behavior. The email id associated with profiles is invalid, so you cannot login if you forget your changed profile name. Also, can someone else claim artood2 while i remain R2D2? That would be chaotic.


Last edited by artood2 on Tue May 03, 2011 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed line)
avatar
artood2

Posts : 1321
Join date : 2011-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Profile id change

Post by charvaka on Tue May 03, 2011 6:17 pm

artood2 wrote:Also, can someone else claim artood2 while i remain R2D2? That would be chaotic.
I agree... and I am not sure if someone else CAN claim the name. Let me look into it. If it is possible for someone else to claim your earlier name, I will then disable the name-changing feature.
avatar
charvaka

Posts : 4347
Join date : 2011-04-28
Location : Berkeley, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Profile id change

Post by goodcitizn on Wed May 04, 2011 6:06 am

I don't see any good reason for the name-changing feature. Claiming someone's earlier ID is a real problem. That should be prevented.

goodcitizn

Posts : 3263
Join date : 2011-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Profile id change

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum