Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another nightmare for Air India, Dreamliner stuck in Kuala Lumpur

4 posters

Go down

Another nightmare for Air India, Dreamliner stuck in Kuala Lumpur Empty Another nightmare for Air India, Dreamliner stuck in Kuala Lumpur

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:43 pm

NEW DELHI: There's no end in sight to Boeing's B-787 Dreamliner troubles.

An Air India Dreamliner flying from Melbourne to Delhi on Wednesday had to be diverted to Kuala Lumpur after all the three onboard flight management computers (FMC) — that control navigation and allow a plane to be fly long distances on auto pilot — reportedly failed simultaneously. The flight, AI 301 with 231 people on board including 18 crew members, landed in KL safely but is now stuck there. .......

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Another-nightmare-for-Air-India-Dreamliner-stuck-in-Kuala-Lumpur/articleshow/29918634.cms
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Another nightmare for Air India, Dreamliner stuck in Kuala Lumpur Empty Re: Another nightmare for Air India, Dreamliner stuck in Kuala Lumpur

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:42 pm

boeing is obviously not going to come out and say if this is related to the Li batteries, but if it is i won't be surprised one bit. knowing what i do about Li batteries, i won't step into a dreamliner.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Another nightmare for Air India, Dreamliner stuck in Kuala Lumpur Empty Re: Another nightmare for Air India, Dreamliner stuck in Kuala Lumpur

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:55 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:boeing is obviously not going to come out and say if this is related to the Li batteries, but if it is i won't be surprised one bit. knowing what i do about Li batteries, i won't step into a dreamliner.

How would you know... many times, you wont know until you enter the plane...will you come out ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:11 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:boeing is obviously not going to come out and say if this is related to the Li batteries, but if it is i won't be surprised one bit. knowing what i do about Li batteries, i won't step into a dreamliner.

How would you know... many times, you wont know until you enter the plane...will you come out ?

>>> Max is going to ask at the gate whether it is dreamliner that he will be flying.

The Goras at the TSA will get suspicious and detain him and interrogate him.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:49 pm

Rishi wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

>>> Max is going to ask at the gate whether it is dreamliner that he will be flying.

The Goras at the TSA  will get suspicious and detain him and interrogate him.

Sometimes, when you print the itinerary you do see the "equipment" listed. Forgot which ones, but the plane can be changed or not mentioned at all.

Anyway...MAX would not back out after entering a 787 in Dhili on way to Madras...He might get religious and start praying.

I am not sure how Li-Ion battery packs could cause such a sudden loss of control of all 3 controls.... unless some main terminal blew up. many packs are connected in series/parellel to get the desired output. To lose power half way is intriguing. something will come out soon.

* as usual everything is anecdotal and conjectures and just now made into "facts"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:31 pm

the tkt says what it is and they don't change it on long haul flights.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:56 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:the tkt says what it is and they don't change it on long haul flights.

787 are flown on Madras-Bombay, Bombay-delhi routes as well. They are not typically long-haul by US standards.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down