Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

swapna - r u Rashmun in drag?

2 posters

Go down

swapna - r u Rashmun in drag? Empty swapna - r u Rashmun in drag?

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:09 pm

Here is something to educate you.

http://www.tamiltribune.com/india/index.html

India: A Critical Perspective from Tamil Nadu
List of Articles on other subjects that may interest you (MAIN INDEX) 
www.tamiltribune.com
If you came to this page from a search engine, you may either scroll/browse through the page or search for the word in this page (one word at a time)

Tamil Nadu is unique among the states of India. It is the southern-most state of India. There was an independence movement in Tamil Nadu before the British rulers left, and in fact, its independence demand precedes that of Pakistan. Although this movement had softened in the past few decades, there is still a hardcore underground independence movement still active and alive (click here for more information). 

Although there is opposition to Hindi imposition in most southern and northeastern states, opposition in Tamil Nadu is very intense and sometimes violent (click here for more information).

India's support for the Sri Lankan government during the war between Sri Lankan military and minority Tamils of Sri Lanka created much discontent with the Indian government and demonstrations in Tamil Nadu in the first decade of the 21st century. There was even a threat of all members of parliament from Tamilnadu resigning. An emergency meeting of a senior Indian government minister with the Tamilnadu chief minister prevented the resignations. (click here for more information).

Another issue of discontent and irritation is the Sri Lankan navy attacks on Tamil Nadu fishermen in the seas. (click here for more information). Tamil Nadu also feels that the Indian government's economic policies are discriminatory against them (click here for more information).

In this page we list articles that do not fall under the above categories (click on the sub-category of interest).
Anchor Article
Democracy in India
Federalism and Devolution of Power to States
Discriminatory Political Structure
Hindi-North Centered Perspective
Defense and Military Policies
Anti-Hindi Feelings
The Great North-South Divide
Miscellaneous
Independence Movements

Anchor Article
20001101 Who Rules India? (Part I) (by Thanjai Nalankilli), TAMIL TRIBUNE, November 2000 (44 KB) (h, i)
Author argues that it is the Hindi politicians who control Indian government decisions and actions. Detailed discussion.
20110801 A Comprehensive Programme to Protect Indian Languages (A Bill of Rights for Indian Languages) (by Thanjai Nalankilli), TAMIL TRIBUNE, August 2011 (34 KB) (h, i)
Title is self-explanatory.
Back to Top of the Page

Democracy in India
20050401 Is India Really a Democracy? (by Thanjai Nalankilli), TAMIL TRIBUNE, April 2005 (14 KB) (i, tn)
Is India really a democracy? Federalism, multi-national states and democracy. Un-federal features of Indian constitution. Something is fundamentally wrong with how "democracy" is implemented and exercised in the multi-ethnic, multi-linguistic, multi-national Indian Union. Minority nationalities like Assamese, Manipuris, Mizos, Nagas, Sikhs, Tamils, etc. are discriminated economically and culturally.
20090702 Which is a Real Democracy: India or America? (by Thanjai Nalankilli), TAMIL TRIBUNE, July 2009 (14 KB) (i)
True democracy cannot flourish without freedom of speech. Author explores whether there is freedom of speech in India and America.
20110201 Indian Government and its Broken Promises (Federalism and Linguistic States) (by Thanjai Nalankilli), TAMIL TRIBUNE, February 2011 (12 KB) (i)
Back to Top of the Page

Federalism and Devolution of Power to States
20120701 Indian Central Government: Federalism, Finances and Devolution of Power to States (Quotes from Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa Jayaram) (by Thanjai Nalankilli), TAMIL TRIBUNE, July 2012 (9 KB) (i, tn)
20110201 Indian Government and its Broken Promises (Federalism and Linguistic States) (by Thanjai Nalankilli), TAMIL TRIBUNE, February 2011 (12 KB) (i)

Discriminatory Political Structure
20071202 Political Expediencies within India-Tamil Nadu Power Structure: Karunanidhi and Rajiv Gandhi: Posthumous Reconciliation (by Thanjai Nalankilli), TAMIL TRIBUNE, December 2007 (13 KB) (i, p, tn)
Author argues through the Karunanidhi-Rajiv Gandhi example, "Interests of Tamil Nadu and Tamil people cannot be protected under the Indian political structure and constitution. Hindi politicians would never allow a change to the current political structure because it benefits Hindi people enormously."
Back to Top of the Page

Hindi-North Centered Perspective
20001101 Who Rules India? (Part I) (by Thanjai Nalankilli), TAMIL TRIBUNE, November 2000 (44 KB) (h, i)
Author argues that it is the Hindi politicians who control Indian government decisions and actions. Detailed discussion.
20000302 Hindians Take Over More Power in India (by Thanjai Nalankilli), TAMIL TRIBUNE, March 2000 13 KB (i)
20080901 The Pseudo-Elite Indians (by Atluri), TAMIL TRIBUNE, September 2008 (10 KB) (i)
A concept of Indian-ness has emerged which has place only for one kind of Indian-ness: North Indian-ness; anything North Indian or Hindi-speaking is the truly representative culture of Indians.
20091101 "Ethnic Cleansing" in Democratic India (by Thirumalai), TAMIL TRIBUNE, November 2009 (12 KB) (i)
Non-Hindi speaking Indians do not have the basic right of protecting their own language and culture against Hindi domination.
20070701 No Sari, No Idli : South Indians Go to Hell! (by Sharada T.P.K.), TAMIL TRIBUNE, July 2007 (8 KB) (h, hi, i)
Indian government attempts to eliminate South Indian cultural traditions from government-owned institutions.
20120601 Indian Government to Demolish Ancient Hindu Saivaite Sivan Temple in Tamil Nadu (by Thanjai Nalankilli), TAMIL TRIBUNE, June 2012 (17 KB) (f, i, tn)
Why Hindi politicians show a blind eye to the demolition of a 1300-years old, historical temple in Tamil Nadu? Reasons discussed.
20020702 How the Indian Government Stabbed Burmese Tamils in the Back (by Thanjai Nalankilli), TAMIL TRIBUNE, July 2002 (9 KB) (h, i)
20110401 Indian Government's Broken Promises to Tamil Nadu (by Thanjai Nalankilli), TAMIL TRIBUNE, April 2011 (11 KB) (i, tn)
Indian government's broken promises to Tamilnadu chief ministers on Indian Airlines, official languages commission and fishermen killings.
Back to Top of the Page

Defense and Military Policies
20051002 Military Aspect of Sethusamudram Ship Channel Project (SSCP) (by Usha Ramanathan), TAMIL TRIBUNE, October 2005 (15 KB) (i, tn)
Military aspects of the Sethusamudram Ship Channel Project (SSCP) and the conventional and nuclear war risks to Tamil Nadu, South India.
20001202 Where was the Indian Army in 1991? (by Muthuswamy Karuppannan), TAMIL TRIBUNE, December 2000 (15 KB) (i)
Kannadiga hooligans attacked, raped and murdered Tamils in Karnataka even as Karnataka police stood aside. India refused to send the army to protect them. (Vast majority of Karnataka population has nothing to do with the attacks and many Kannadigas in the violent areas sheltered Tamils from murderous hooligans.)
20090503 Where were the Indian Coast Guard and Navy when Terrorists Came to Mumbai? (November 26, 2008) (by V. Ramakrishnan), TAMIL TRIBUNE, May 2009 (7 KB) (i, te)
Author questions India's security priorities. Why is India chasing shadows in the south while real enemies enter northern India?
19981001 Indian Soldiers on a Rape Spree in Tamil Nadu (by Usha Ramanathan), TAMIL TRIBUNE, October 1998 (8 KB) (i, tn)
19981201 Are Indian Soldiers above the Law in Tamil Nadu? (by Usha Ramanathan), TAMIL TRIBUNE, December 1998 (10 KB) (i, tn)
It seems so.

Indian government spends billions of Rupees in military spending. Yet the Indian navy, which could pulverize the Sri Lankan navy in a few hours, stays around as a mere spectator as the Sri Lankan navy had killed a few hundred Tamilnadu fishermen and injured many more. Is Indian blood cheap in the eyes of the Indian government? Is India sacrificing south Indian lives for the good of the safety of Hindi north? ((click here for more information)
Back to Top of the Page

Anti-Hindi Feelings
There was and is strong opposition to Hindi imposition in Tamil Nadu; although not as vehement, there are feelings against Hindi imposition in southern and northeastern states as well. Even people of Maharashtra, who had accepted Hindi as India's official language, have come out against the imperial attitude of Hindi speakers in recent years (2009, 2010). Here are some articles that relate to this topic.
20080601 Backlash Against North Indians in Mumbai (by Madhavan Nair), TAMIL TRIBUNE, June 2008 (9 KB) (h, i)
Reasons for Mumbai/Bombay (Maharashtra State) violence against North Indians (especially Hindi speakers).
20100302 Hindi Enforcement and Attacks on North Indians in Mumbai (by Thirumalai), TAMIL TRIBUNE, March 2010 (8 KB) (h, i)
Author argues that, “Hindians should learn to accept the diversity of India. They are not embracing the language and culture of the states where they settle down.”
Articles on India, Tamil Nadu and Hindi Imposition (over 30 articles are listed)
Back to Top of the Page

The Great North-South Divide
20011102 India: South is South and North is North (by Lalitha Krishnan Nair), TAMIL TRIBUNE, November 2001 (6 KB) (i)
20120601 Indian Government to Demolish Ancient Hindu Saivaite Sivan Temple in Tamil Nadu (by Thanjai Nalankilli), TAMIL TRIBUNE, June 2012 (17 KB) (i, tn)
Why Hindi politicians show a blind eye to the demolition of a 1300-years old, historical temple in Tamil Nadu? Reasons discussed.
Back to Top of the Page

Miscellaneous
20131201 Is it Time to Divide India? Are Basic Rights Denied to Some Minorities? (by B. K.), TAMIL TRIBUNE, December 2013 (7 KB) (f, i)

Independence Movements
Independence Movements in the Indian States of Nagaland, Punjab (Khalistan), Tripura, Tamil Nadu

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

swapna - r u Rashmun in drag? Empty Re: swapna - r u Rashmun in drag?

Post by truthbetold Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:54 pm

Swapna = Michelle 1 or 2.
tribal knowledge says those are flimflam handles.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:10 pm

thanks for identifying

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:13 pm

Kv
you can repay the gratitude by telling us your other handles, that is if you want to?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down