Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jayalalitha- Karunanidhi debate on Tv

2 posters

Go down

Jayalalitha- Karunanidhi debate on Tv Empty Jayalalitha- Karunanidhi debate on Tv

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:21 am

Rishi posted a Tamil thread of such debate. I will pay to see it.

Bad news for Rishi. Karu is a super super orator he will eat her alive.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Jayalalitha- Karunanidhi debate on Tv Empty Re: Jayalalitha- Karunanidhi debate on Tv

Post by Maria S Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:36 am

I will def pay to see it too!

Tamil Nadu Elections in a nutshell:

Jayalalitha..in her words:

"செய்வீர்களா?  செய்வீர்களா?" (Will do it? Will you do it? *(Vote to defeat all the other parties?)

Stalin..in his words:

"செய்தார்களா?  செய்தார்களா?" (Did they do it? Did they do it? *(Did they do what they promised?)

Rajini, Modi, Sonia, Vijay, Vijayakanth, Karthik..and all the rest: 

It's all about Photo Ops..

The People:

"ஹாஹா  எல்லோருமே ஆட்டம் போடுறாங்க (Ha ha - all of them are putting on a big show!)"

*We'll see who put on the better shows when we see the election results..I am into it now- enjoying the election season filled with real political humor/entertainment-shows!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Jayalalitha- Karunanidhi debate on Tv Empty Re: Jayalalitha- Karunanidhi debate on Tv

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:52 am

Thanks Maria for the election summary.

Unlike the last election I have not visited the hiomeland recently and so I do not read the pulse of the Tamil people.

I think that DMK will bear the burden of the 2009 Sri Lankan Tamil massacre Interestingly I do not hold Karuna in anyway contrubuting to the massacre. There is absolutrely nothing he could have done to change India stabbing the Tamil people. I expected it fully. As far back as 1984 Pavalareru Perinjsiththiranar said it "India will not really support EElam Tamil"

Although DMK and Congress will take some heat in the election on 2009 Sri Lankan Tamil massacre, fact is if there was a BJP or Aam Admi gov in 2009, EXACTLY the same would have happened.

I can forgive anything Karu might have done because of what he did in 1975 as reported in a Wiki leak letther from the US diplomat in Chennai. God bless him,

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:20 am

Thank you Kayal. 

All kidding aside..seriously, with all the new alliances/distancing of old allies, it will be interesting to see how the people really feel..if what we see in social media and the crowds- will translate to votes.

Just a few weeks ago - I thought Jayalalitha/AIADMK will sweep all 40 seats, but looks like the momentum- dynamics have changed..the wins will be really split between AIADMK, DMK and may be a few will be won by the BJP Alliance (*I could be wrong). I feel that there are many young(er) tamilians who are watching closely..are quite involved. As I said..it's hard to read the crowds- social media reactions.

I may not be as dedicated as you when it comes to the struggles of Srilankan Tamils ..but, I def. did not like Govt. of India’s decision to abstain voting for the US backed UNHRC vote on the resolution against Sri Lanka in Geneva on March 27.  As many (note I said "many" not "all") tamilians are we have mixed feelings about the Central Govt actions when it comes to interests of TamilNadu, do feel some "regional pride"..affection for fellow Tamilians worldwide. 
It does not take much to press/trigger those feelings..and change the dynamics of any election.

We'll see! 
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down