Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you name some INFP/ENTP cities?

5 posters

Go down

Can you name some INFP/ENTP cities? Empty Can you name some INFP/ENTP cities?

Post by gone Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:06 pm

So DH and I are finally getting out of this hick town by the end of this summer. Both of us traveled to the Northeast (NYC, NJ, and DC) recently and we both hated it. Living in a small town has changed us.

We didn't like the crowds, the noise, the lack of green space, the claustrophobic buildings, the hurried pace, the pushy people. These were things we missed when we moved away and now it's a pain for us. I still like the anonymity of a large city where everyone minds her own business and I like the publishing world there.

We looked at salaries for him (dismal because too many docs) and the cost of living ($800K for a dilapidated hole). We aren't big house people. In fact, we like small and intimate to sprawling and pretentious but I'm talking $800K for something really crappy and character-less. We didn't like the soul-less subdivisions in NJ and the houses were too close to each other. The weather was crappy while we were there too. We've changed!

What's the best city for an INFP woman and an ENTJ man?

INFP: introverted, very private, and does not want very chatty people around who are in my business. So, a small town won't work because the gossip is rampant. Likes bookish environments. Think independent bookstores and coffee shops. Not a fan of drive-in Starbucks but independent coffee shops are great!

Needs lots of peace, quiet, nature. Cannot stand hot weather. In fact, don't even enjoy warm weather. Don't like it freezing either. No warmer than 70, no cooler than 40. Need socially liberal, intellectual, tolerant, quirky, artsy, laid-back, and unhurried. No power suits like NYC or DC. Think a bit hippie-ish with lots of vegetarian restaurants but in an upscale way, a la Anthropologie. I prefer a place with a low cost of living because I don't want my husband working all the time.

ENTJ: Outgoing, talkative, sociable, charming. Loves going to sports bars. Needs lots of avenues to play sports like soccer, run, and bike in his limited free time. Needs a car. Refuses to take public transportation. Doesn't mind big city or small town or something in between. Politically moderate and likes down-to-earth people who are not always talking about work. Not really into the hippie or intellectual world and doesn't need vegetarian, artsy, or independent coffee shops.

Will check this when I return from Turkey.

gone

Back to top Go down

Can you name some INFP/ENTP cities? Empty Re: Can you name some INFP/ENTP cities?

Post by gone Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:10 pm

Sorry, this should say ENTJ cities.

gone

Back to top Go down

Can you name some INFP/ENTP cities? Empty Re: Can you name some INFP/ENTP cities?

Post by gone Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:12 pm

Nothing in California because my husband refuses to have anything to do with Kaiser.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:40 pm

When I say low cost of living, I mean a house for no more than $400K. DH worked like a dog to pay off his loans and save a little bit of money to buy a house outright. We don't want to incur any more debt. We'd rather live content with a small house and a low-key lifestyle.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:16 am

After reading this post, I was about to say 'Hey Ram' !

Then thought of posting one SG video and then decided against it but in my other window, this following video was there and it does say something about Docs. So thought it would be more than 'appropriate'.

BTW, goodluck in your search and hope you get what you are looking for.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:48 am

Sorry. I just can't get myself to click on all those videos you post. As a general rule, I don't click on any videos that anyone posts. No time.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:11 am

yes, i can.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:05 am

Michelle, would you please be so kind as to name them. I doubt if there's much of an overlap between the INFP and ENTJ cities but my husband is flexible as long as he can drive everywhere and maximize his earnings without putting me through the ordeal of small town living.

Some INFP small cities where he has interviews lined up:
Boulder, CO
Carborro, NC
Vancouver, WA (next door to Portland, OR)

An opportunity did come up in Santa Fe, NM but we don't have any family there, so we decided to forego that one.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:30 am

Have you tried professional help? Real estate companies have divisions that collect such information and work with you to locate the place of your choice.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:18 pm

No professional help. Ultimately we'll end up with the group that gives DH the largest guaranteed income that is within an hour or two from family.

I'm just going with my gut here. These are small cities I have visited in the past and I wouldn't mind living in or near by. I'll visit again with my husband to get a feel for them all over. No Austin, TX. Too warm, too much development, and saturated with docs. There are small towns near the other three small cities where DH can reverse-commute from the small city to the boonies for about 45 minutes. We don't want to move around anymore. This is it. Final resting place until retirement.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:36 pm

mainstreet wrote:Michelle, would you please be so kind as to name them.  I doubt if there's much of an overlap between the INFP and ENTJ cities but my husband is flexible as long as he can drive everywhere and maximize his earnings without putting me through the ordeal of small town living.

Some INFP small cities where he has interviews lined up:
Boulder, CO
Carborro, NC
Vancouver, WA (next door to Portland, OR)

An opportunity did come up in Santa Fe, NM but we don't have any family there, so we decided to forego that one.

First, this is not Michelle's area of expertise.

Secondly, looks like you and your hubby are exact opposites and almost impossible to find anything that satisfies both of you - especially you..

thirdly, NO TIME to watch a video ? it is not as if you are living in a "lively city"

finally, why is he getting interviews at all these no-name cities - given he is a biggie in a specialization at the top of the medical food chain?

oh...lastly...Boulder temp does not go below 40 ????

Vancouver is the best option. Tell me is he an MBBS from Carribean or some Desi donation college?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:48 pm

Dude! I don't have the time to watch some desi swami-Ji crap. You have no idea how much work being a homemaker and caregiver to three dogs and 13 chickens is. I get no help from ANYONE at all. I pack all my husband's stuff before we go out of town. He's on call all night. Do you have any idea how many times are sleep is interrupted in one night?

No, not Caribean or Indian. He can get a job, no problem at a large medical center in Boulder or Durham but they pay peanuts because it's "prestigious." He'll take money over prestige, thank you very much. Small towns have greater reimbursements and need to pay more to attract docs. He's not even looking at small towns now. More like exurbs.

Yeah, the weather isn't perfect in Boulder but we'll take it over hot and humid in say Austin.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by gone Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:48 pm

Our.

gone

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:39 pm

michelle2 wrote:yes, i can.
austin, tx

raleigh, nc

seattle, wa

portland, or

santa barbara, ca

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:52 pm

michelle2 wrote:
michelle2 wrote:yes, i can.
austin, tx

raleigh, nc

seattle, wa

portland, or

santa barbara, ca

You failed to focus on her "whining factor" They dont want CROWDED cities and 800k rat hole living quarters.

That rules out Seattle and Santa Barbara. She does not want Austin. Raleigh will not pay her hubby "much" and that leaves Portland - which is very close to Vancouver, WA (she has not seen that "town" and perhaps, neither have you, but I have). Great town but will rain quite a bit.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down