Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kothu Parota

+4
Impedimenta
Maria S
nevada
confuzzled dude
8 posters

Go down

Kothu Parota Empty Kothu Parota

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:32 pm

Tried egg kothu parota for the first time (Chopped parota, scrambled egg, onions spices), that was pretty good, liked it; thought Mutton Chettinad would be hot & spicy, not so for Andhra guy.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Kothu Parota Empty Re: Kothu Parota

Post by nevada Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:15 pm

Damn Americans! Even the usually fiery Chettinad cuisine has been corrupted to make it palatable for them.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:48 pm

nevada wrote:Damn Americans! Even the usually fiery Chettinad cuisine has been corrupted to make it palatable for them.
It wasn't bland but not hot enough for me, not that I can take hot & spicy food like I used to.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:26 am

So Mr. CD is aka a fire-dragon:)

Even "regular spicy" Chettinad dishes are sometimes too spicy-hot for me! All you have to do is say "make it extremely spicy"..they will have no problem adding a few more spoons of red chili powder or some hot mexican green peppers! 

Seriously, I like kothu parotta..make it quite often, it's so easy to make with left over parottas, and is a sumptuous-complete meal. Speaking of left overs..these days- people are so creative with parotta and chapathi leftovers...kothu parotta,  chapathi/parotta noodles..chapathi pizza are just a few dishes..basically cut up left over chapathi/parottas, and add spices with lots of fried onions, veggies, eggs, keema (for non-veg likers!) Have seen people mix kurma and other curry pastes too. 

Hope all is well with you. take care. 
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:01 am

Maria S wrote:So Mr. CD is aka a fire-dragon:)

Even "regular spicy" Chettinad dishes are sometimes too spicy-hot for me! All you have to do is say "make it extremely spicy"..they will have no problem adding a few more spoons of red chili powder or some hot mexican green peppers! 

Seriously, I like kothu parotta..make it quite often, it's so easy to make with left over parottas, and is a sumptuous-complete meal. Speaking of left overs..these days- people are so creative with parotta and chapathi leftovers...kothu parotta,  chapathi/parotta noodles..chapathi pizza are just a few dishes..basically cut up left over chapathi/parottas, and add spices with lots of fried onions, veggies, eggs, keema (for non-veg likers!) Have seen people mix kurma and other curry pastes too. 

Hope all is well with you. take care. 
How are you Maria. I guess I went with high expectations of Chettiand cuisine on the spiciness scale thus the disappointment. My tolerance for hot n spicy food has reduced significantly over the years (like every Telugu that lived in the US for sometime).

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:07 am

sigh, its only morning and I am already thinking of lunch places to go eat Kothu parotta.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:42 am

In my college days there were 2 classmates from Kothagudem. Us hyderabadis used to call them both "Kothu". One of them would be very upset about it but the other was cool with it. So what does Kothu mean in Tamil? Is it short for Kothumalli?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:19 pm

Kothu means 'Chopped'. They chop the parotas into small pieces and mix it with kind of gravy.

With all the 'fine/bleached flour' ingredients I am sure the 'kotthu parota' is a 'healdhy food' Smile

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:25 pm

FluteHolder wrote:Kothu means 'Chopped'. They chop the parotas into small pieces and mix it with kind of gravy.

With all the 'fine/bleached flour' ingredients I am sure the 'kotthu parota' is a 'healdhy food' Smile
Why is it that "healthy" and "tasty" never go together Smile

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:49 pm

maybe one day, someone will make parota using "oats" or something and then mince it and call it healthy kothu parota. Rolling Eyes 

Well, I am not really looking forward to that. Right now, this woman opened a bottle of soda near me and it fizzed up my blouse.  Evil or Very Mad  she must have walked across the floor shaking the stupid thing along.

well, someone had to hear this.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:08 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Tried egg kothu parota for the first time (Chopped parota, scrambled egg, onions spices), that was pretty good, liked it; thought Mutton Chettinad would be hot & spicy, not so for Andhra guy.

I strongly condemn your header as it violates EC model code of conduct. Your header is inciting all muslims to indulge in violence and your post explains in code words how to "symbolically" indulge in "cooking"

An FIR should be filed against you.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:41 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Tried egg kothu parota for the first time (Chopped parota, scrambled egg, onions spices), that was pretty good, liked it; thought Mutton Chettinad would be hot & spicy, not so for Andhra guy.

And all these days I thought you are from Telangana! Smile

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:05 pm

nevada wrote:
FluteHolder wrote:Kothu means 'Chopped'. They chop the parotas into small pieces and mix it with kind of gravy.

Why is it that "healthy" and "tasty" never go together Smile

>>>As the adage goes "anything that feels good is illegal, immoral or fattening" Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum