Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mulayam Allegedly Destroyed Mainpuri's Education system

Go down

Mulayam Allegedly Destroyed Mainpuri's Education system Empty Mulayam Allegedly Destroyed Mainpuri's Education system

Post by rawemotions Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:19 am

http://www.samachar.com/Mulayam-no-hero-for-Mainpuris-young-Lead--Election-Special-oextKngfbhe.html

Excerpts
In 1991, the state's Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government had pushed through a law that made cheating a non-bailable offence.

Upon his return to power in 1993, Yadav rushed to do away with the law which caused 15- and 16-year olds to be hauled to jail.

The following year, the Class 10 pass percentage in the state's board exams climbed to 38.12 percent from the 25.34 percent of the previous year and the still poorer 14.70 percent of 1992. Mass cheating ensured that these numbers continued to climb while a dedicated "cheating mafia" that promised marks for money struck its roots in the state.

In 2004, Yadav came up with the "self centre" scheme which pushed the numbers to 70 percent. Education became good business and in the district 2,450 primary schools, 292 upper secondary schools and 59 degree and postgraduate colleges sprung up - most of these privately owned.
Ajay Yadav, a 27-year-old doctor, says these measures "destroyed" youth.
"Cheating became so rampant that students from Mainpuri were scorned at in other districts. In Agra from where I did my bachelors, I was often told that Mainpuri was known only for its cheaters and criminals," Yadav rued to IANS.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down