Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perfect Synthesis

3 posters

Go down

Perfect Synthesis Empty Perfect Synthesis

Post by nevada Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:46 pm

Mohd Kaif has inked a deal to play for Andhra in the Ranji Trophy for 2 years.
This is two syntheses in one - UP-Andhra and Muslim-Hindu synthesis. Well done Kaif!

nevada

Back to top Go down

Perfect Synthesis Empty Re: Perfect Synthesis

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:53 pm

I thought he retired and entered politics - standing as a Cong(i) candidate from UP.

So, I guess he is getting back to his old showbiz.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:17 pm

So the Ranji Trophy is also like an IPL now where any state can sign any player ?

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:29 pm

b_A wrote:So the Ranji Trophy is also like an IPL now where any state can sign any player ?

I think this has been going on for a decade. I remember VB Chandra playing for Goa, Sadagopan playing for Assam, Badani playing for some NE state, Venugopal Rao for Maharashtra, etc. Once their national chances are nil, they tend to prolong their Ranji and cricket exposure by signing up with the "lesser" mortals.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:52 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
b_A wrote:So the Ranji Trophy is also like an IPL now where any state can sign any player ?

I think this has been going on for a decade. I remember VB Chandra playing for Goa, Sadagopan playing for Assam, Badani playing for some NE state, Venugopal Rao for Maharashtra, etc. Once their national chances are nil, they tend to prolong their Ranji and cricket exposure by signing up with the "lesser" mortals.
For way more than a decade actually. Pataudi played for Hyderabad in Ranji trophy under Jaisimha's captaincy at a time when he himself was India captain. In the 70s V.Ramnarayan was an off spinner who played for Hyderabad whereas his brother V.Sivaramakrishnan played for Madras. Abdul Jabbar played for TN while his brother Abdul Azim played for Hyderabad in the 80's. Mohinder Amarnath played for Delhi as well as Baroda. Sandip Patil represented Madhya Pradesh in the last few years of his first class career in the 80's.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:59 pm

nevada wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

For way more than a decade actually. Pataudi played for Hyderabad in Ranji trophy under Jaisimha's captaincy at a time when he himself was India captain. In the 70s V.Ramnarayan was an off spinner who played for Hyderabad whereas his brother V.Sivaramakrishnan played for Madras. Abdul Jabbar played for TN while his brother Abdul Azim played for Hyderabad in the 80's. Mohinder Amarnath played for Delhi as well as Baroda. Sandip Patil represented Madhya Pradesh in the last few years of his first class career in the 80's.

What you are saying is different. We are talking about a player who spent many many years at a state and when dropped from the state team moving onto another state. Only Patil in your list is akin to what I said - but even here, Patil moved to while he was still in his prime.

BTW, it was Abdul HAI and not Abdul Azim..Wink. He and Micheal Dalvi were real Ranji Tigers.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down