Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the paradox

+4
nevada
michelle2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
FluteHolder
8 posters

Go down

the paradox Empty the paradox

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:25 pm

i think i am not meant for a relationship, and that's all i have ever wanted all my life.

Neutral

Back to top Go down

the paradox Empty Re: the paradox

Post by FluteHolder Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:08 pm

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:44 pm

didn't say anything new in that video. i would say the same to anyone asking me for advice. hey, just because i myself couldn't follow the same advice, doesn't mean it's a bad one. if not me, maybe someone else can make a use of it. Very Happy *spread the good word*

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:38 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:i think i am not meant for a relationship, and that's all i have ever wanted all my life.

Neutral

The main issues are being flexible, putting in others shoes, and not trying to WIN.

Unfortunately, these are AGAINST today's practice in society, education, and workplace with focus on goals, removing anyone who does not agree, and work/talk to WIN everything.

Of course, this is my views based on my observations and experiences.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:54 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:i think i am not meant for a relationship, and that's all i have ever wanted all my life.

Neutral

The main issues are being flexible, putting in others shoes, and not trying to WIN.

Unfortunately, these are AGAINST today's practice in society, education, and workplace with focus on goals, removing anyone who does not agree, and work/talk to WIN everything.

butler,

"these are my views" or "this is my view," not "this is my views."

putting what in others' shoes, gowNDer?

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:00 pm

michelle2 wrote:

Neutral

butler,

What is your favorite or should I say most annoying grammatical mistake? I hate it when people use "your" instead of "you're" and "more that" instead of "more than".

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:18 pm

michelle2 wrote:

Neutral

butler,

It is bcz of people like you that the school and college kids in India are scared of opening their mouth and speak in English. You are one chip-on-the-shoulder guy who is a huge bad influence on youngsters. So at least keep away from youngsters.

BTW, I know about the grammatical shyt that you mentioned...unlike you, just dont think of SuCH as some sort of a scholastic Journal. If you are not able to understand a sentence bcz of a couple of grammatical and/or spelling errors on the flow, then you are the one who needs to refresh your English knowledge (and not anyone else).

samje?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:39 am

Neutral

Don't really have issues at work place. Or even if I have had issues in the past it's not made me think that I am not made for working in corporate America. There it's just a matter of finding the right fit and behaving professionally, I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:06 pm

Neutral

On the positive side, how many couples do you find who live under the same roof, raising their kids, even after a divorce? Not many. It probably seems mind-boggling to the ones who had a bitter divorce that they strongly believe such things can never happen and that you are faking it all.

Why is this post-marriage arrangement working for you and not the marriage? Change of expectations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:19 pm

Kinnera wrote:

Neutral

On the positive side, how many couples do you find who live under the same roof, raising their kids, even after a divorce? Not many. It probably seems mind-boggling to the ones who had a bitter divorce that they strongly believe such things can never happen and that you are faking it all.

Yeah. Bitter divorces, clear cut separations, new affair/marriage... all that happen to NORMAL people. I envy people who can carry out a bitter divorce just as much as I envy people who can carry out a happy marriage. Coz I could not do either. When two highly unconventional and eccentric people marry each other, all bets are off.

Just last Friday my colleague was joking to me. 'You are living together, vacationing together, you take your lunch leftovers for him, he takes time out to take care of your parents... maybe you should have just stayed married'.

Kinnera wrote:
Why is this post-marriage arrangement working for you and not the marriage? Change of expectations.

I wish I could say it was working well. It's not easy-breezy like living with a roomie. It's as much hard work as a real marriage.  It's worse, coz in marriage you can atleast fantasize about divorce. I had it right to a point, but like I always do, slipped along the way. Tried to correct last month, didn't go well. Up until now, I was neutral, handling all kinds of childish behavior well. But after a recent shouting match, and you know, I can't shout to save my life, now I am super-pissed. This kind of state makes me highly stubborn and childish, and like my older declared yesterday, 'If I ever find myself in a room with two leos, I am gonna walk away'. And that's why I say, I am not meant to be in a relationship, when my first thought always is to escape.

Guess I am too blunt and mean for normal/sensitive people. While I can take their jokes/ribbing/criticism reasonably well, they can't take mine. Too late in the game for me to learn that. Guess I should have married an equally blunt guy.

Anyway, I can't let him go. Have tried that before, didn't work out. It's a bigger burden on my conscience if I let him go. Better would be if he walks out on his own and lives well. Given his track record, he may not leave either. Like a tarot card reader hauntingly said  to me back in 2000, 'You are disappointed in him, but you will be with him forever as he is your soul mate'.  I mean, WTH. The very concept of soul-mates is that you are happy together. Whatever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:16 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Guess I am too blunt and mean for normal/sensitive people. While I can take their jokes/ribbing/criticism reasonably well, they can't take mine. Too late in the game for me to learn that. Guess I should have married an equally blunt guy.

You should have accepted my proposal ...and now you regret... Typical blunt-woman trait..Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:29 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Neutral

Yeah. Bitter divorces, clear cut separations, new affair/marriage... all that happen to NORMAL people. I envy people who can carry out a bitter divorce just as much as I envy people who can carry out a happy marriage. Coz I could not do either. When two highly unconventional and eccentric people marry each other, all bets are off.

Just last Friday my colleague was joking to me. 'You are living together, vacationing together, you take your lunch leftovers for him, he takes time out to take care of your parents... maybe you should have just stayed married'.

Kinnera wrote:

I wish I could say it was working well. It's not easy-breezy like living with a roomie. It's as much hard work as a real marriage.  It's worse, coz in marriage you can atleast fantasize about divorce. I had it right to a point, but like I always do, slipped along the way. Tried to correct last month, didn't go well. Up until now, I was neutral, handling all kinds of childish behavior well. But after a recent shouting match, and you know, I can't shout to save my life, now I am super-pissed. This kind of state makes me highly stubborn and childish, and like my older declared yesterday, 'If I ever find myself in a room with two leos, I am gonna walk away'. And that's why I say, I am not meant to be in a relationship, when my first thought always is to escape.

Anyway, I can't let him go. Have tried that before, didn't work out. It's a bigger burden on my conscience if I let him go. Better would be if he walks out on his own and lives well. Given his track record, he may not leave either. Like a tarot card reader hauntingly said  to me back in 2000, 'You are disappointed in him, but you will be with him forever as he is your soul mate'.  I mean, WTH. The very concept of soul-mates is that you are happy together. Whatever.

>>>TW,

All this sounds more complicated than a Woody Allen script, but I hope you work all this out. The only suggestion I can make is that it would be best to stay away from tarot card readers. Those women are just prem jyotish in a turban.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:58 pm

\"Kris wrote:
>>>TW,

All this sounds more complicated than a Woody Allen script, but I hope you work all this out. The only suggestion I can make is that it would be best to stay away from tarot card readers. Those women are just prem jyotish in a turban.

LOL, that was on a cruise in FL. Was done for fun. I no longer go to tarot card readers/psychics. They all tell me I am carrying a big curse that was passed to me by my mother and her mother (someone up the line was cursed for eternity) and will be passed to my kids. Funnily, some of them tell me I am a psychic myself! Must have been some witches war 5-6 generations back that left me cursed.  Shocked 

note: deleted the other freaky part from my post. it still gives me goose bumps.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:37 pm

Neutral

Paradox. Irony. So confusing. I read so much about it after reading your post. Between their definition n popular usage n how it changed it's meaning, well iConfused.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:35 pm

seven wrote:

Neutral

Paradox. Irony. So confusing. I read so much about it after reading your post. Between their definition n popular usage n how it changed it's meaning, well iConfused.

made me look it up too. i do have a history of mixing up words. most embarrassing was saying 'chapped nail polish' when it was 'chipped nail polish.

anyway, got a chance to discuss examples with older. Discovered quite a few funny examples of paradox in the process.

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:36 pm

nevada wrote:
michelle2 wrote:

Neutral

butler,

What is your favorite or should I say most annoying grammatical mistake? I hate it when people use "your" instead of "you're" and "more that" instead of "more than".

One interesting grammatical error that's often made here is writing "I didn't ate breakfast," instead of "I didn't eat breakfast."

The error of writing "your," as in "your welcome," for "you're..." is often made by americans, quite likely by those who haven't attended college.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:02 pm

swapna wrote:
nevada wrote:
michelle2 wrote:

Neutral

butler,

One interesting grammatical error that's often made here is writing "I didn't ate breakfast," instead of "I didn't eat breakfast."

The error of writing "your," as in "your welcome," for "you're..." is often made by americans, quite likely by those who haven't attended college.

what age did you discover your penchant for cross dressing and pretending to be a woman? do you also tuck your saggy balls between your thighs and pretend sing that 80s pop hit song by boy george while vamping in front of the mirror?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down