Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modi, Muslims, and the Chappathi issue

3 posters

Go down

Modi, Muslims, and the Chappathi issue Empty Modi, Muslims, and the Chappathi issue

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:34 am

...Not a single Fatwa, protest, riot, nada....If this had happened under Ma-Bheti rule, all this and more would have happened. Worse, the Govt would have jailed the MPs, launched cases, and given Rs 10 crore to the Chappathi eater.

The Presence of MODI as PM - just the name - has put (the mush deserved) fear in the Musalman's psyche. Not a word from Modi ji and nothing.

Kudos to Modi ji.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Modi, Muslims, and the Chappathi issue Empty Re: Modi, Muslims, and the Chappathi issue

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:43 am

Even Manish Tiwari is careful while choosing his words.

However, this change may also indicate that CON sikularists are re-evaluating their vote-bank-ars-lick policies. They must have realized that the vote-bank is not necessarily falling for their crooked policies. So, perhaps, CONmen are quietly moving away from the pieceful. The youth among the sikular vote-bank is realizing that the future belongs to those who have an affiliation to development. So, they may very well be thinking of voting for Modi.

Perhaps, MT, Doggy and ND Tiwari should cry in chorus and go for ménage à trois!!!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Modi, Muslims, and the Chappathi issue Empty Re: Modi, Muslims, and the Chappathi issue

Post by indophile Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:05 pm

It is true that the MP behaved like a roadside rowdy in pushing that chapati down the waiter's mouth. But when he got into his rage, did he know the waiter was a muslim who was observing a religious fast? I doubt that he did. He didn't like his food, and he showed his highhandedness in his own uncultured way. There is no religious angle. 
If however, the posters are saying that people now realize that there is no religious angle, and that is the reason for good sense prevailing all around, I wish to draw the same conclusion too.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:09 pm

indophile wrote:It is true that the MP behaved like a roadside rowdy in pushing that chapati down the waiter's mouth. But when he got into his rage, did he know the waiter was a muslim who was observing a religious fast? I doubt that he did. He didn't like his food, and he showed his highhandedness in his own uncultured way. There is no religious angle. 
If however, the posters are saying that people now realize that there is no religious angle, and that is the reason for good sense prevailing all around, I wish to draw the same conclusion too.

I think that is what must have happened. Our rude and arrogant MPs dont think that deep whether the Chaprasi was a musalman or a fastng musalman, etc...He behaved in the only manner that he kne.

Funny the Maharashtra MPs were protesting at being served the "Naarth Indian" food. I fell off my chair.

May be Maharashtra will merge with TN...Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:41 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
indophile wrote:It is true that the MP behaved like a roadside rowdy in pushing that chapati down the waiter's mouth. But when he got into his rage, did he know the waiter was a muslim who was observing a religious fast? I doubt that he did. He didn't like his food, and he showed his highhandedness in his own uncultured way. There is no religious angle. 

I think that is what must have happened. Our rude and arrogant MPs dont think that deep whether the Chaprasi was a musalman or a fastng musalman, etc...He behaved in the only manner that he kne.

Funny the Maharashtra MPs were protesting at being served the "Naarth Indian" food.  I fell off my chair.

May be Maharashtra will merge with TN...Razz
Yes, Maharashtrian is different. At Surathkal in Karnataka where I went to engineering school, we had a different mess for Maharashtrian food (it was called Bombay Mess).
Other messes we had were:
South Indian Mess --- Typical SI food (rice, sambar, rasam, bland curries, etc)
Variety Mess ------ South Kanara food (more like GSB food -- parboiled rice, vegetarian + seafood, but no meat like chicken/lamb)
Bombay Mess ----- Puri and rice, hot and sweet curries, desert with both lunch and dinner, fully vegetarian
Non-vegetarian Mess ---- Meat, fish, eggs, the works
Mysore Mess -------- Mysore-Bangalore-type food (bisebele bath, chitranna, ayyangar pulihodurai, etc), very rich with ghee, lot of variety in food, fully vegetarian
Karnataka Mess ----- North Karnataka food (Dharwar, Hubli, Begaum areas), very hot, jowar roti and rice, lots of hot powders, also fully vegetarian.

If you are short of funds, you join the SI Mess for the month, and if you are rolling in dough you join the Mysore Mess (assuming you are a vegetarian).

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down