Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are so many people out today

Go down

Why are so many people out today Empty Why are so many people out today

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:41 pm

Heavy volume on the highway when going to pick kid from the camp.

Light turned red SIX times on an intersection near home when there is literally no traffic there. No accident. Just the number of cars.

And now I am sixth in the drive thru at Taco Bell.

There should be very little traffic in the middle of the day. Why are people not at work dammit.

Back to top Go down

Why are so many people out today Empty Re: Why are so many people out today

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:57 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:Heavy volume on the highway when going to pick kid from the camp.

Light turned red SIX times on an intersection near home when there is literally no traffic there. No accident. Just the number of cars.

And now I am sixth in the drive thru at Taco Bell.

There should be very little traffic in the middle of the day. Why are people not at work dammit.

Why do you think I call the Boston-DC stretch a "parking lot?" ....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:58 pm

Bcz it is Friday and a good day and LUNCH TIME.

This is when office colleagues "celebrate" comradarie after a week of backstabbing.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:53 pm

ugh tired of driving. The camp ends at 2 pm. I try to be there 1:45-1:50, as that's the time they start letting the kids out. Had reached 1:55 once and he was waiting for me alone (not alone alone, but very few people left there).

Drove all the way panicking he would be alone. Hoping some camp organiser stays back if I am too late. Hoping he doesn't panic. This that this that. Promising myself I will get him a phone soon. Cut cars on the way, in a nasty way. Even honked once. Reached there at 2:00 pm sharp.

And then the anticlimax began. He was chilling on the grounds with 4 other kids. Not even checking out the parking lot. Had to come out and wave until he sees me. He looks up, and then looks down. Talks to friends a bit more. No rush. Slllllooooowwwwlly gets up and picks his stuff, continues talking, and then sloooowwwwlllly walks down.  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down