Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100 squats

5 posters

Go down

100 squats  Empty 100 squats

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:26 pm

• 100 squats (after cheating, 94 complete ones).
  • 60 push ups, total over the course of the class. (no cheating, should have ideally been 70+).
  • 40 front lunges, 40 back lunges.
  • 100 calves raises (50 slow, 50 pulses).
  • 50ish crunches (lost count. had variations).
  • 75 each bicep curls, shoulder presses, triceps kickbacks, etc., etc. (10, 8, 5 lb. dumbbells - ya ok NBD deal but still...)

almost all routines made you either jump around in pain or collapse at the end of each.

... bragging over for now.

... pain continues.  No

Back to top Go down

100 squats  Empty Re: 100 squats

Post by seven Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 pm

Good for you!
Enjoy the pain. No pain. Know gain.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:43 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

• 60 push ups, total over the course of the class. (no cheating, should have ideally been 70+).
  • 75 each bicep curls, shoulder presses, triceps kickbacks, etc., etc. (10, 8, 5 lb. dumbbells - ya ok NBD deal but still...)

almost all routines made you either jump around in pain or collapse at the end of each.

.. bragging over for now.

... pain continues.  No

Congratulations....

You have earned your sweets and samosas and all you can eat Aloo Parathas for the weekend.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:54 pm

Are you going to continue? Do not find excuses.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:41 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

... pain continues.  No

I am impressed, Tracy!

Doing ten of each exercise set "regularly" is enough to maintain flexibility and agility. This seems a bit much- and unrealistic to do on a regular basis..having to recover from all the soreness can break the rhythm and routine.

In any case, reducing the number of times we lift the spoon, fork or hand (!)..with something to the mouth every day, is most effective..from the weight and BMI perspective! And that is challenging and not always easy:)

This is not to discourage you..if you can really keep up this kind of rigorous exercise..good for you.

Just for fun..exercising in the Selfie-era:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/elliewoodward/ready-steady-selfie
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:03 am

truthbetold wrote:Are you going to continue? Do not find excuses.

Yeah I have been doing these since last July.... well, with a winter break. Initially we had a different instructor who was good but stuck to the basics. Then I didn't do gym Dec-March (mistake). When I came back, it was a newer younger instructor and he is BRUTAL. The first couple of weeks I seriously came out of the classes thinking I will die after throwing up. But then I got used to them. The thing with him is though, he does one routine for 2-3 weeks. By the time you get used to it, he changes it. Sometimes he keeps it doable, sometimes he makes it double brutal. This was one of those times.

But then I cheat. I am probably the worst student in all of my classes. Am the first one to get up from a wall seat, the first one to throw the weights and do lunges/squats w/o them. The first one who sits out last 6-7 seconds of push ups or lies flat during crunches. The first one to drop the plank. And so on. Still, whatever I do, I think is much more than what I could do last year.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:13 am

I know you guys may not like this Smile But let me post it anyway Smile

Last edited by FluteHolder on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:15 am

Maria S wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

... pain continues.  No

I am impressed, Tracy!

Doing ten of each exercise set "regularly" is enough to maintain flexibility and agility. This seems a bit much- and unrealistic to do on a regular basis..having to recover from all the soreness can break the rhythm and routine.

In any case, reducing the number of times we lift the spoon, fork or hand (!)..with something to the mouth every day, is most effective..from the weight and BMI perspective! And that is challenging and not always easy:)

This is not to discourage you..if you can really keep up this kind of rigorous exercise..good for you.

Just for fun..exercising in the Selfie-era:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/elliewoodward/ready-steady-selfie

Actually it's not a lot. I also used to think it's a lot, but sometimes you have to do something to realize it was nbd, atleast this is the case with me. I have too many of these mental barriers. Like in one class, she told us to wall seats, I did it. Then she was like, ok handstands now - standing on hands but with feet resting on the wall. I was like 'ya sure she is out of her mind'. But then I saw everyone in the class doing it. So, reluctantly, I bent down and began pushing my legs up. Couldn't do it, arms gave in. But it got better, and 1-2 weeks later, I could do it! Could not boast enough to the kids that day.  Very Happy

I have points of my failures too. Cannot do crab walk to save my life, so far. The first time she made us do that, I would fall at every step. Then I came home and challenged all at home. Son raced in it, daughter struggled but was good. What totally infuriated me was that XH could do it too! And then they were like, 'What were you saying? This is tough?'  Rolling Eyes 

Good point about eating Smile That's the hard part for sure. I now keep a track of my calories on a website. That's been helping a lot. Once I hit my calorie count of the day, I stop eating. Sometimes when I am feeling lazy and want to skip a class, I go simply so that I could eat that extra ice cream hehe Smile

Weight loss is a long process for me. All my mistake wrt food, but I try.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:24 am

FluteHolder wrote:I know you guys may not like this Smile But let me post it anyway Smile

FH I guess most instructors add some flavor of yoga in their routines, especially when it comes to warming up and cooling down exercises. Not the breathing asans, but quite a few of stretching ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:47 am

Hats off to your stamina and resolve. Keep going!

I have put my gym membership on hold. I am planning to join again in winter. want to enjoy the outdoors in this beautiful weather. Going for long walks.
I've signed up for swimming lessons.Want to perfect swimming, breathing and all.
Doing Yoga and meditation at home, following Manthena Satyanarayana Raju's videos.

I'm losing wt slowly, but steadily. I owe that to my diet. A big glass of Almond milk and fruit right before meals is doing the trick, i guess. That kills the appetite. Even for the meals, I am taking more curry/dal than the carbs (rice/roti). 
In between, i am taking herbal teas (sauf tea, sauf+jeera+dhania tea), nimbu pani, green tea with lemon and honey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:42 pm

Kinnera wrote:Hats off to your stamina and resolve. Keep going!

I have put my gym membership on hold. I am planning to join again in winter. want to enjoy the outdoors in this beautiful weather. Going for long walks.
I've signed up for swimming lessons.Want to perfect swimming, breathing and all.
Doing Yoga and meditation at home, following Manthena Satyanarayana Raju's videos.

I'm losing wt slowly, but steadily. I owe that to my diet. A big glass of Almond milk and fruit right before meals is doing the trick, i guess. That kills the appetite. Even for the meals, I am taking more curry/dal than the carbs (rice/roti). 
In between, i am taking herbal teas (sauf tea, sauf+jeera+dhania tea), nimbu pani, green tea with lemon and honey.

OK.

Since I cannot lose weight I have decided to play reverse Psychology. I am tryng to put on 25 pounds before Christmas. eat/watch TV/sleep/eat...

It is working...weight is not going up...

Next I will buy stocks with an intention to lose.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum