Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What U cook is 90% Love, 10% quality!

4 posters

Go down

What U cook is 90% Love, 10% quality! Empty What U cook is 90% Love, 10% quality!

Post by TruthSeeker Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:38 pm

The ONLY reason any person (son or daughter) loves their mom's.

This love translates into what their kid (or the one you are cooking for), wants to eat.

NOT what you want to feed them.

I was shocked in 2003 when I visited India, and some maid cooked and served me - That night, I told my mom, that I will ONLY eat whatever she cooks for me. I will NOT eat anything made of that maid, even though it was pretty good.

Random musings on cooking and what it means over time,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

What U cook is 90% Love, 10% quality! Empty Re: What U cook is 90% Love, 10% quality!

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:44 pm

I agree with food being made with love and all, but telling your mom that you will eat ONLY what she cooks is putting pressure on the poor woman. She cooked for you all her life. Can't expect her to do the same even in old age.

Back to top Go down

What U cook is 90% Love, 10% quality! Empty Re: What U cook is 90% Love, 10% quality!

Post by TruthSeeker Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:47 pm

If it helps, I helped her in the kitchen, when this first struck me in 2003.

I can eat her food 30 days old.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:52 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:If it helps, I helped her in the kitchen, when this first struck me in 2003.

I can eat her food 30 days old.
Sounds good.

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:45 pm

Kinnu - I travel a lot, eat out a lot - eat chicken, anything except beef. With my travel, I choose not to survive on what I call "ghaas-phoos". My wife is an eggitarian, and our previous generation a hard core anti-egg, some anti-onion, I am surprised that my MIL does not wear a mask on her face as a follower of Jainism.

To each, their own.

As for cooking, I have reached a point that I will start doing it soon, full-time. My culinary expectations are highly dis-satisfied in the current scenario.

I love spices, and my 8 yr old son hates even...salt!

My wife, a fitness freak, standing on her Yoga pose, upside down, talking about health and food...urgh!

I have been screwed far too long, between this mom and son!

Urgh!

I want my own mom, so I can eat!

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:21 am

TruthSeeker wrote:

and maya wanted her dad who you abused on chat

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:01 pm

Hmm. So, all I remind you of is Maya. I wont repeat this again, but Homie - Please understand that chat used to be a place wherein a lot of jobless folks "observed" and "acted". The only reason I wanted people to express themselves on CH. Did I abuse Maya on CH? Why not? Why only Chat? I respect Maya's dad same as my own. I neither did it, nor ever will. Enough said.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:09 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:Kinnu - I travel a lot, eat out a lot - eat chicken, anything except beef. With my travel, I choose not to survive on what I call "ghaas-phoos". My wife is an eggitarian, and our previous generation a hard core anti-egg, some anti-onion, I am surprised that my MIL does not wear a mask on her face as a follower of Jainism.

To each, their own.

As for cooking, I have reached a point that I will start doing it soon, full-time. My culinary expectations are highly dis-satisfied in the current scenario.

My wife, a fitness freak, standing on her Yoga pose, upside down, talking about health and food...urgh!

Urgh!

Oops! I missed this post. Right now, i am enjoying my mom's cooking. Of course, i help a lot in the kitchen, but she's the main cook. Kids love it too. They are like, 'there's nothing like avva's cooking!'

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:18 pm

Eating your mom's food, eh? :-) I am glad your kids get to know her (besides food). The only thing I remember before I was 5, is my grandma. Strange as it may sound, but I have no other memory. She used to make laddoos with stale rotis, gud (jaggery), and feed it to me, so lovingly. Thats all I remember. My parents can shout at top of their lungs that they cleaned my potty, had sleepless nights, but I have no recollection.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:20 pm

Kinnera wrote:
TruthSeeker wrote:Kinnu - I travel a lot, eat out a lot - eat chicken, anything except beef. With my travel, I choose not to survive on what I call "ghaas-phoos". My wife is an eggitarian, and our previous generation a hard core anti-egg, some anti-onion, I am surprised that my MIL does not wear a mask on her face as a follower of Jainism.

To each, their own.

Urgh!

Oops! I missed this post. Right now, i am enjoying my mom's cooking. Of course, i help a lot in the kitchen, but she's the main cook. Kids love it too. They are like, 'there's nothing like avva's cooking!'

>>>Could you send avva over? I am a bachelor for the next week and am tired of restaurant food. It will be a win-win. I get to eat decent meals and you don't become rusty with your kitchen skills. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:23 pm

Kris wrote:
Kinnera wrote:Oops! I missed this post. Right now, i am enjoying my mom's cooking. Of course, i help a lot in the kitchen, but she's the main cook. Kids love it too. They are like, 'there's nothing like avva's cooking!'

>>>Could you send avva over? I am a bachelor for the next week and am tired of restaurant food. It will be a win-win. I get to eat decent meals and you don't become rusty with your kitchen skills. Smile
Nopes. Ain't sending avva nowhere Smile. If you want to enjoy her culinary expertise, fly over to atl and be my guest. Avva will be happy to feed you (she's happy to feed anyone who enjoys her food). Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:31 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Kris wrote:
Kinnera wrote:Oops! I missed this post. Right now, i am enjoying my mom's cooking. Of course, i help a lot in the kitchen, but she's the main cook. Kids love it too. They are like, 'there's nothing like avva's cooking!'

Nopes. Ain't sending avva nowhere Smile. If you want to enjoy her culinary expertise, fly over to atl and be my guest. Avva will be happy to feed you (she's happy to feed anyone who enjoys her food). Smile
>>>Grrr.. ok..  have to head over to the crappy indian joint now, before they close.

P.S. Think of me when you eat avva's home cooking, in your guilt-free manner, as is your wont.

P.P.S> Avva will be getting a call from a headhunter in the next day or two, pitching great California weather, a generous re-lo package and a son who will do her proud. Be forewarned.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:21 am

TruthSeeker wrote:I want my own mom, so I can eat!

Aww..cho chweet.. tears are rolling out of both my eyeballs.

True self gets found once sufficient two dollar hooch flows. But how come on a Sunday? Don't such blinding, life-changing insights normally strike only on Thursday nights??
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:02 am

Kris wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Kris wrote:

>>>Grrr.. ok..  have to head over to the crappy indian joint now, before they close.

P.S. Think of me when you eat avva's home cooking, in your guilt-free manner, as is your wont.

P.P.S> Avva will be getting a call from a headhunter in the next day or two, pitching great California weather, a generous re-lo package and a son who will do her proud. Be forewarned.
Sure Kris. Welcome!  Smile . You'll get not just great tasting, but also freshly made, piping hot, just off the stove food. Even the yogurt is set fresh for every meal. Remember the 'even Krishna said it in The Gita.....' thing that she follows? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down