Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lunch - #brand new edition

+8
bw
Hellsangel
MaxEntropy_Man
confuzzled dude
pravalika nanda
nevada
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Impedimenta
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lunch - #brand new edition  Empty Lunch - #brand new edition

Post by Impedimenta Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:14 pm

edemame salad with cranberries, feta and basil. Thanks to whole foods :-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Lunch - #brand new edition  Empty Re: Lunch - #brand new edition

Post by Guest Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:51 pm

leftoever lauki sabzi and market alu paratha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:26 pm

repeat mode - edemame salad. Until I can get over the bad taste left by the avocado, I am repeating edemame.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:28 pm

besan-jalapeno sabzi with rotis "that" "I" "made". I liked them better than market rotis, even if they were *this* thick. Let's see if I perfect the art.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:59 pm

Have you guys reached your goal(s) ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:20 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

aggressively back on track. putting in a cal deficit of about 700 cals daily. weight down by 0.6 lbs, other conditions remaining the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:39 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

aggressively back on track. putting in a cal deficit of about 700 cals daily. weight down by 0.6 lbs, other conditions remaining the same.

lol! 

Until you lose at least 5 to 7 #, you cant be sure. So dont even bother until the pointer is down by at least FIVE. This is like I quit cigarette - from yesterday evening.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:40 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

lol! 

Until you lose at least 5 to 7 #, you cant be sure. So dont even bother until the pointer is down by at least FIVE.  This is like I quit cigarette - from yesterday evening.

ya fine. laugh. I need more supportive friends really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:29 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

lol! 

Until you lose at least 5 to 7 #, you cant be sure. So dont even bother until the pointer is down by at least FIVE.  This is like I quit cigarette - from yesterday evening.

Well... really?... has it reached the critical mass ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

lol! 

Well... really?... has it reached the critical mass ?

what... kind of support now?

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:20 pm

Did a take out from a new Indian restaurant. I severely underestimated how far it was and ended up walking >1.5 miles round trip. The food was bland but at-least not greasy -aloo curry, chana curry, naan and rice.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:38 am

nevada wrote:Did a take out from a new Indian restaurant. I severely underestimated how far it was and ended up walking >1.5 miles round trip. The food was bland but at-least not greasy -aloo curry, chana curry, naan and rice.

that's a good thing. today, I am invited to a celebratory lunch in some bistro. Will take some food pics and post it.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:36 pm

I got so sick from salad Crying or Very sad

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:42 pm

Home made pizzas (from scratch) here.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:00 pm

I just woke up. having belgian almond thins and folgers coffee. believe it or not the almond cookies really taste like mysore pak!! got them from trader joes. they have lot of junk food there. I weaned myself off their ornage cranberry scones and now I found this.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:40 pm

Ben's chili bowl. This is a popular place frequented by Cosby, Chris Tucker etc., Even Obama and Hilary ate here. Founder of this place Ben Ali, a trinidanian of Indian origin, his grand parents were from nizam (telanagana) region.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:09 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Ben's chili bowl. This is a popular place frequented by Cosby, Chris Tucker etc., Even Obama and Hilary ate here. Founder of this place Ben Ali, a trinidanian of Indian origin, his grand parents were from nizam (telanagana) region.

chilli means beef? you eat beef and not pork?

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:25 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:Ben's chili bowl. This is a popular place frequented by Cosby, Chris Tucker etc., Even Obama and Hilary ate here. Founder of this place Ben Ali, a trinidanian of Indian origin, his grand parents were from nizam (telanagana) region.

So... You still think I'm a muslim.. staunchest muslim on this board is Uppili he knows all koranic verses by heart.

http://benschilibowl.com/menu/

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:35 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

So... You still think I'm a muslim.. staunchest muslim on this board is Uppili he knows all koranic verses by heart.

no i haven't formed an opinion yet. it's not about ur being whatever religion, or an atheist. couldn't care less about that. it's about u telling the truth when i asked directly.

so, you eat both beef and pork, but sometimes have the bacon removed?

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:39 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

no i haven't formed an opinion yet. it's not about ur being whatever religion, or an atheist. couldn't care less about that. it's about u telling the truth when i asked directly.

If you thought I wouldn't be honest then what was the point of asking the question lady?

P.S: I think I lost respect for you not that it matters to you.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:45 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

If you thought I wouldn't be honest then what was the point of asking the question lady?

my question back then, or my question now? oh, i trusted u back then, if I didn't I would have done cross questioning. you didn't have to answer back then too. you could have just said myob. but anyway, you answered. hence I thought i will ask about ur meat preferences too, given the recent post. you can still say myob. like i said i am not into religion and politics, and won't base my opinion on you based on ur religion.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:48 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

my question back then, or my question now? oh, i trusted u back then, if I didn't I would have done cross questioning. you didn't have to answer back then too. you could have just said myob. but anyway, you answered. hence I thought i will ask about ur meat preferences too, given the recent post. you can still say myob. like i said i am not into religion and politics, and won't base my opinion on you based on ur religion.  
A little bit of honesty, please.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:57 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

hmm. k i will let it go, sensitive issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:03 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

sensitive to who?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:42 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

sensitive to who?

Sensitive to me. I was gearing more towards open talks of who eat what meat (personal preferences), and halal non halal meats in American restaurants. At least with friends and work place we have open dialogs on this. But here it geared towards religious tolerance and I wig out on topics like that. I prefer talking facts at low level, not inferences and judgements. Anyhoos, hope no hurt feelings.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:30 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

sensitive to who?

Sensitive to me. I was gearing more towards open talks of who eat what meat (personal preferences), and halal non halal meats in American restaurants. At least with friends and work place we have open dialogs on this. But here it geared towards religious tolerance and I wig out on topics like that. I prefer talking facts at low level, not inferences and judgements. Anyhoos, hope no hurt feelings.
Bacon is just a variety of pork meat; for all you know I may not have a taste for bacon. Did Ben's Chili Bowl advertise that they serve only halal meat? In any case, don't worry explaining away.. you know you're already on a slippery slope.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:20 pm

given how crappy the last couple of days have been[AC blew out and we are living in a hotel]my lunch today made up for most of that :-) Raj kachori Chaat

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:39 pm

Onam Special :-) idiyappam and stew...

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:41 pm

Tamales, rice and beans for me.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:02 pm

the best punjabi kadhi ever on the face of this earth. I am going to adopt this boy. so happy. he he he.... Very Happy

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:15 pm

vada pav :-) I used to think the the ones from hot breads were the best but I stand corrected. OMG, amazing.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:16 pm

lentils and rice from a nearby street vendor. not agreeing with my system.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:18 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:lentils and rice from a nearby street vendor. not agreeing with my system.
Gee! Thanks for sharing.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:40 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:lentils and rice from a nearby street vendor. not agreeing with my system.

what is 'lentils and rice'? just steamed/boiled lentils?

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:12 pm

We should make pix mandatory. If people could share recipes too, that'd be awesome.

I ated rajma rice for lunch today. Too late to take a pic.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:11 pm

seven wrote:We should make pix mandatory. If people could share recipes too, that'd be awesome.

I ated rajma rice for lunch today. Too late to take a pic.
Uh Oh! The evil loser will have something stirring in its loins again.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:16 pm

sesame tofu. OMG, drool

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:22 pm

Boneless chicken kabob at a Pakistani owned place which has been around forever.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:25 pm

a bowl (ok fine 2 bowls) of split-green moong daal. no onion or garlic in it, no tomato either. loved it. that's as satvik as it can get.

Now feel like sitting like a cow and half-sleep until it digests. it was that filling.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:32 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Boneless chicken kabob at a Pakistani owned place which has been around forever.

Ravi kebab or Kabab palace ?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:33 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

If you starve on carbs, there is some new evidence that the gut bacteria will adjust to the problem and find other ways to COMPENSATE! That could be bad. One of these days, the experts will decide that a balanced diet with good carbs, fat and proteins is the best diet for everyone. May be, adjusting the total calories according to the level of physical activity is all that is needed.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:33 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:Boneless chicken kabob at a Pakistani owned place which has been around forever.

you were supposed to log in as b_a before asking that Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:34 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

Ravi. Are you from DC area. I thought you're located in NE.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:40 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

If you starve on carbs, there is some new evidence that the gut bacteria will adjust to the problem and find other ways to COMPENSATE! That could be bad. One of these days, the experts will decide that a balanced diet with good carbs, fat and proteins is the best diet for everyone. May be, adjusting the total calories according to the level of physical activity is all that is needed.

ya I mean... that's what I did.. put in a cal deficit. I cannot not eat carbs, so no issues there.

having said that, ugh. I had reached a low weight where I always reach, but am somehow never able to cross it, for last 6 years now! happened this time too. gained back 3 lbs in last one month. although this time I know what was my mental locha. I had been uneasy and down since my rents visited, but I should be able to get back with life, no? let's see. I have a December goal, marching towards it now.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:40 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

ha ha ha...but isn't he right all the time? Razz

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:46 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

DC is a must for Desis and their visitors.

The brother of the chef at Ravi's runs Khan kabob on route 50W past 28 intersection,  which is really better than the palace and Ravi.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:54 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

The brother of the chef at Ravi's runs Khan kabob on route 50W past 28 intersection,  which is really better than the palace and Ravi.

u a non vegetarian? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:58 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

Heard about it. A couple of my colleagues are regulars there & had good things to say. Will check it out one of these days. Thanks.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:28 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

err, regarding that, I think I might've made a mistake. Considering that you are a peerless person when it comes to sleaziness and crassness and I definitely don't see Petri coming even close to you in that matter, you both are different people.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:57 pm

b_A wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

err, regarding that, I think I might've made a mistake. Considering that you are a peerless person when it comes to sleaziness and crassness and I definitely don't see Petri coming even close to you in that matter, you both are different people.
ah...now, now, flattery won't get you anywhere, Razz

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next