Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Puzzles

4 posters

Go down

Puzzles Empty Puzzles

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:09 am

Solve this:                                                    
A man locked his personal computer with a password and wrote some phrases in the hint box.One day his wife tries to login in his absence using the hints which contained following:  

4 grapes                                                      
1apple                                                        
7bananas                                                    
7mangoes                                                  
2pineapples                                              
1orange                                                    
8pomegranates  

what is the password?

----------

A very simple but cnfusing puzzle.

A lady buys goods worth rs.200 from a shop. (shopkeeper selling the goods with zero profit).

The lady gives him 1000 rs note. The shopkeepr gets the change from the next shop and keeps 200 for himself and returns rs.800 to d lady.

Later the shopkeeper of the next shop comes with the 1000 rs note saying "duplicate" and takes his money back.

How much LOSS did the shopkeeper make??

Back to top Go down

Puzzles Empty Re: Puzzles

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:43 am

did you mean to say counterfeit? duplicate means a second copy, not counterfeit.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:15 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:did you mean to say counterfeit? duplicate means a second copy, not counterfeit.

yes, counterfeit. I also didn't change other grammar errors that I spotted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:16 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:Solve this:                                                    
A man locked his personal computer with a password and wrote some phrases in the hint box.One day his wife tries to login in his absence using the hints which contained following:  

4 grapes                                                      
1apple                                                        
7bananas                                                    
7mangoes                                                  
2pineapples                                              
1orange                                                    
8pomegranates  

what is the password?

----------

A very simple but cnfusing puzzle.

A lady buys goods worth rs.200 from a shop. (shopkeeper selling the goods with zero profit).

The lady gives him 1000 rs note. The shopkeepr gets the change from the next shop and keeps 200 for himself and returns rs.800 to d lady.

Later the shopkeeper of the next shop comes with the 1000 rs note saying "duplicate" and takes his money back.

How much LOSS did the shopkeeper make??

1) His first girl friend's name, but he was trying to throw his wife off with these strange hints

2) Not enough data. You need to tell us the exchange rate.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:27 am

4 grapes                                                      
1apple                                                        
7bananas                                                    
7mangoes                                                  
2pineapples                                              
1orange                                                    
8pomegranates  

what is the password?

----------

p a s s i o n

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:41 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

4 grapes                                                      
1apple                                                        
7bananas                                                    
7mangoes                                                  
2pineapples                                              
1orange                                                    
8pomegranates  

what is the password?

----------

p a s s i o n

correct.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:59 am

4 grapes                                                      
1apple                                                        
7bananas                                                    
7mangoes                                                  
2pineapples                                              
1orange                                                    
8pomegranates  

what is the password?

----------

p a s s i o n

>>>His first girl friend's nickname was 'Passion' and he dumped her?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:00 pm

Kris wrote:

4 grapes                                                      
1apple                                                        
7bananas                                                    
7mangoes                                                  
2pineapples                                              
1orange                                                    
8pomegranates  

what is the password?

----------

p a s s i o n

>>>His first girl friend's nickname was 'Passion' and he dumped her?

lol, my q was, how can someone have passion for password, but needs to keep a HINT for it. Something is not right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:24 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:Talking about first girlfriend, remembered something. This is from 10 or so years ago when password change related stuff wasn't that strict. Also, a disclaimer, XB had given me his password.

So anyway, since there were not too many online games in those times, I was checking out his secret questions. One question was, "favorite person from the history". Exhausted all names from ashoka to gandhi to maradona. Then I thought, hmm, this is XB we are dealing with. So, I entered my name (his nick for me actually), and voila, hotmail gave me the option to change the password. What an ego trip that was.

You know...you do have a great opportunity to restart your "friendship" with your XB... after all, he is a known commodity, a trusted one, more understanding, perhaps equally regretting, and not likely to hurt you...i think you SHoULD..before he loses interest and you really "look"50...

not that there is anything wrong in staying true to XH ....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:28 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:Talking about first girlfriend, remembered something. This is from 10 or so years ago when password change related stuff wasn't that strict. Also, a disclaimer, XB had given me his password.

So anyway, since there were not too many online games in those times, I was checking out his secret questions. One question was, "favorite person from the history". Exhausted all names from ashoka to gandhi to maradona. Then I thought, hmm, this is XB we are dealing with. So, I entered my name (his nick for me actually), and voila, hotmail gave me the option to change the password. What an ego trip that was.
>>>>XB= Not the sharpest knife in the drawer...I can see why he became your ex. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:16 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kris wrote:

>>>>XB= Not the sharpest knife in the drawer...I can see why he became your ex. Smile

lol... there's a lot more to the story. he took my password too. but no worries, no serious harm done either side. the passwords were temp. mine lasted 1 hour, his lasted maybe 2-3 weeks (before he gave the new one again). there wasn't much in either of the emails.

The funniest was, I was lazy about creating an FB account back then, so he gave me a password to his account. That way I could play quizzes and other games using his account. I used it for almost a year, stubborn about not creating one for myself. A couple of times, I posted some naughty status too, Very Happy. But the height was, I played a game, 'recognize the actresses based on their boobs'. Was honest gaming on my part. His wife saw that in her newsfeed and gave him a lecture - why do you embarrass me like that - obviously thinking that he had played that quiz. Anyway, so that was the end of that one, and I had to create my own FB.

I know it is impolite to interrupt a good story, but the timelines don't match unless you are really 28. FB is in existence since 2004 wonly.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:25 pm

b_A wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kris wrote:

lol... there's a lot more to the story. he took my password too. but no worries, no serious harm done either side. the passwords were temp. mine lasted 1 hour, his lasted maybe 2-3 weeks (before he gave the new one again). there wasn't much in either of the emails.

The funniest was, I was lazy about creating an FB account back then, so he gave me a password to his account. That way I could play quizzes and other games using his account. I used it for almost a year, stubborn about not creating one for myself. A couple of times, I posted some naughty status too, Very Happy. But the height was, I played a game, 'recognize the actresses based on their boobs'. Was honest gaming on my part. His wife saw that in her newsfeed and gave him a lecture - why do you embarrass me like that - obviously thinking that he had played that quiz. Anyway, so that was the end of that one, and I had to create my own FB.

I know it is impolite to interrupt a good story, but the timelines don't match unless you are really 28. FB is in existence  since 2004 wonly.

ya, what's wrong about the timeline?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:51 pm

b_A wrote:

I know it is impolite to interrupt a good story, but the timelines don't match unless you are really 28. FB is in existence  since 2004 wonly.

Her timeline is just fine. She is 28 now and in 2004, 10 years ago she was 24...and math is "accurate" ( 28 - (41-28)/28 * 10 = approx 24 in 2004.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
b_A wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kris wrote:

ya, what's wrong about the timeline?

nothing wrong. I just realized that you were sharing the FB account with XB even after getting married. Some people might think that is weird but then it is their problem.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down