Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

married

+4
Propagandhi711
michelle2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Maria S
8 posters

Go down

married Empty married

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:04 am

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/28/showbiz/celebrity-news-gossip/brad-pitt-angelina-jolie-married/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Back to top Go down

married Empty Re: married

Post by Maria S Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:28 am

I am happy for them.

Does a piece of paper (as often referred to) to make a relationship "legal" important? In my view, Yes (esp. for a woman), if there are children involved. 

I am amazed myself..how much I have come to respect the institution of marriage (as a wild child- still in my heart and mind..who used to stronly argue that a piece of paper thing meant nothing..all the time- blamed it for restricting my freedom!)..almost thirty + years after madly *really madly falling in love with a gentleman (and he is, in every sense of the word)..almost 30 years of "legal matrimony"..and fighting and loving every single day (!), sharing some of the most difficult challenges in life together..and today, among the fears..is knowing the day when one of us will leave this earth..before the other one does. If nothing else, the piece of paper has made a difference, to my family and his wonderful family..esp. his sister and sister-in-laws..who filled the void of the sisters I never had.

*I speak only for myself..certainly understand the decisions of others to part ways..since a lot can go wrong..not everyone can withstand the storms of life as "a couple"..and personal conflicts..when they become unbearable.

As for Brad..he gained my respect ..when I saw the hundreds of houses he personally helped to build in New Orleans (post Katrina) personally worked as an electrician and plumber every summer for a few weeks..loaned money to people for 1 and 2%..and donated substantial amounts as well..usually people do some stuff for the limelight and disppear when the cameras disappear..but he returns often..and brings his affluent friends to keep helping the community..

Marriage certainly has no guarantees..for five years or 50 years..but, have learned that can't take it for granted..whether is lasts or not, wish them well.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:35 am

That's cute M! and congrats on 30 years of marriage, and even more of togetherness. Wow it means a lot.

I am the other way round. I was all about marriage and 'sealing the deal'. Didn't think a relationship should mean (or end in) anything else. Now I am highly jaded about the word. Too much pressure, I don't think I can't handle it. Kudos to others who made it successful.

However, people are probably right about the 'piece of paper' part. In my case that paper is of divorce. Looks like XH gave that to me to make me happy, but it didn't really change anything. It may mean a lot when one of us is hospitalized and other is not given any entry or rights, but for everything else, it's meaningless. Divorce can be a joke too, it seems. But then, guess I am one of the few weird people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:41 am

Thanks..my husband deserves it, more than me:)

I wish you much love and luck..Tracy (whatever your decisions may be).

I was in one of those grateful moods this morning, it was time to pay a public tribute to him..if not now, when?Smile Seems like it's time.

take care.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:47 am

Maria S wrote:Thanks..my husband deserves it, more than me:)

I was in one of those grateful moods this morning, it was time to pay a public tribute to him..if not now, when?Smile Seems like it's time.

take care.

Thanks M! Smile 

Loved reading your heartfelt tribute.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:18 am

take care.

ok..good.. I will defer my expert comments...on marriage....Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:22 am

Maria S wrote:I am happy for them.

Does a piece of paper (as often referred to) to make a relationship "legal" important? In my view, Yes (esp. for a woman), if there are children involved. 

I am amazed myself..how much I have come to respect the institution of marriage (as a wild child- still in my heart and mind..who used to stronly argue that a piece of paper thing meant nothing..all the time- blamed it for restricting my freedom!)..almost thirty + years after madly *really madly falling in love with a gentleman (and he is, in every sense of the word)..almost 30 years of "legal matrimony"..and fighting and loving every single day (!), sharing some of the most difficult challenges in life together..and today, among the fears..is knowing the day when one of us will leave this earth..before the other one does. If nothing else, the piece of paper has made a difference, to my family and his wonderful family..esp. his sister and sister-in-laws..who filled the void of the sisters I never had.

*I speak only for myself..certainly understand the decisions of others to part ways..since a lot can go wrong..not everyone can withstand the storms of life as "a couple"..and personal conflicts..when they become unbearable.

As for Brad..he gained my respect ..when I saw the hundreds of houses he personally helped to build in New Orleans (post Katrina) personally worked as an electrician and plumber every summer for a few weeks..loaned money to people for 1 and 2%..and donated substantial amounts as well..usually people do some stuff for the limelight and disppear when the cameras disappear..but he returns often..and brings his affluent friends to keep helping the community..

Marriage certainly has no guarantees..for five years or 50 years..but, have learned that can't take it for granted..whether is lasts or not, wish them well.

all this bovine excrement - over 300 words of it - inspired by a couple of hollywood celebrities!

btw, it's "sisters-in-law," not "sister-in-laws." whom are you referring to when you write of "his sister-in-laws?" are you that close to your husband's sister's husband's sisters that you consider them your own sisters??!!?  scratch

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:24 am

michelle2 wrote:
Maria S wrote:I am happy for them.

all this bovine excrement - over 300 words of it - inspired by a couple of hollywood celebrities!

btw, it's "sisters-in-law," not "sister-in-laws." whom are you referring to when you write of "his sister-in-laws?" are you that close to your husband's sister's husband's sisters that you consider them your own sisters??!!?  scratch

do you think anyone would ever miss you when you die? I doubt it very much. on that count alone maria has you beat by a country mile.

PS: I will organize tours for pissing on your tombstone and make good money...*rubbing hands gleefully*

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:55 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:That's cute M! and congrats on 30 years of marriage, and even more of togetherness. Wow it means a lot.

I am the other way round. I was all about marriage and 'sealing the deal'. Didn't think a relationship should mean (or end in) anything else. Now I am highly jaded about the word. Too much pressure, I don't think I can't handle it. Kudos to others who made it successful.

However, people are probably right about the 'piece of paper' part. In my case that paper is of divorce. Looks like XH gave that to me to make me happy, but it didn't really change anything. It may mean a lot when one of us is hospitalized and other is not given any entry or rights, but for everything else, it's meaningless. Divorce can be a joke too, it seems. But then, guess I am one of the few weird people.

in your case, it was a joke. here's how your "divorce" worked: you wanted a romantic "boyfriend" on the side, preferably one here, with whom you could flirt on-line and have romantic, syrupy, conversations in northindian, whom you'd never meet; so, over a period of one year or so, you had public conversations on your impending divorce with your adoring and compliant telugu slave, kinnamma, in order to spread the rumour that you were getting divorced, thus to entrap the virgin-boys of suCH in your lair.

that didn't work because b_a and poopah711 our virgin-boys had promised their controlling mammas that they'd remain "virgins" and shave their heads in thirupathi every year until their Controller Mammas had found a suitably hairy vANi for them in guNTur or kakinada; and the others turned out to be lesbian angels who only spoke italian and were obsessed with beer bottles. you were thus forced to undo your fake divorce, and have your fake ex-husband who's really your legal husband live with you, so that you can write about him here every day.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:04 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:I was all about marriage and 'sealing the deal'.

** i have no doubt about that.

But then, guess I am one of the few weird people.

** not at all. you are the typical northindian woman.

see my response ** in italics above.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:17 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:do you think anyone would ever miss you when you die? I doubt it very much. on that count alone maria has you beat by a country mile.

PS: I will organize tours for pissing on your tombstone and make good money...*rubbing hands gleefully*

in other words, your day will come only after i die? haha, it's funny to see you admit that in writing.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by b_A Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:23 am

michelle2 wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:That's cute M! and congrats on 30 years of marriage, and even more of togetherness. Wow it means a lot.

in your case, it was a joke. here's how your "divorce" worked: you wanted a romantic "boyfriend" on the side, preferably one here, with whom you could flirt on-line and have romantic, syrupy, conversations in northindian, whom you'd never meet; so, over a period of one year or so, you had public conversations on your impending divorce with your adoring and compliant telugu slave, kinnamma, in order to spread the rumour that you were getting divorced, thus to entrap the virgin-boys of suCH in your lair.

that didn't work because b_a and poopah711 our virgin-boys had promised their controlling mammas that they'd remain "virgins" and shave their heads in thirupathi every year until their Controller Mammas had found a suitably hairy vANi for them in guNTur or kakinada; and the others turned out to be lesbian angels who only spoke italian and were obsessed with beer bottles. you were thus forced to undo your fake divorce, and have your fake ex-husband who's really your legal husband live with you, so that you can write about him here every day.

interesting to hear your frustrations that turned you into a tranny and seek that noble northindian partner.

b_A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:04 pm

michelle2 wrote: pale Mad

What has Such come to? Women have to fake divorces in order to flirt with men here. In spite of that, men don't flirt coz they be the mamma boys. Jeez! Such has become such a boring place!  Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:14 pm

Kinnera wrote:
What has Such come to? Women have to fake divorces in order to flirt with men here. In spite of that, men don't flirt coz they be the mamma boys. Jeez! Such has become such a boring place!  Mad

lol... reminded me of a college time story.

Some of the boys in my class used to commute from a small town nearby. My uncle lived there too. Once I was in that town, and was standing outside my uncle's gate, I think waiting for someone to get the car out to go somewhere or something. One of my classmates passed by just at that time. Now all of this happened so quick. He saw me, I saw him. I waved hi, and began checking the road on both sides to walk towards him. When I look up again, he had changed gears and was speeding away. I was like What.the.heck. Guess it was a small town so he didn't want a scandal of being seen talking to a girl on the streets.

Next day in the college I was livid about him shunning me like that, mostly most of us joking. During that one guys says, 'nahi nahi, hamara Anil bohot shareef hain'. I was like, 'What do you mean, I am not shareef? It's NORMAL decency to TALK with your classamates when you see them.' He was sorta shy, but I didn't know this much as he had come from a coed school. They told me a story where his friends joked with his mom that he has a girlfriend, and she FAINTED just listening to that. So in a way I can see where he was coming from.

Anyway, the same dude is transformed now. Holds big parties and dances with full abandon with women.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:45 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

lol... reminded me of a college time story.

Some of the boys in my class used to commute from a small town nearby. My uncle lived there too. Once I was in that town, and was standing outside my uncle's gate, I think waiting for someone to get the car out to go somewhere or something. One of my classmates passed by just at that time. Now all of this happened so quick. He saw me, I saw him. I waved hi, and began checking the road on both sides to walk towards him. When I look up again, he had changed gears and was speeding away. I was like What.the.heck. Guess it was a small town so he didn't want a scandal of being seen talking to a girl on the streets.

Next day in the college I was livid about him shunning me like that, mostly most of us joking. During that one guys says, 'nahi nahi, hamara Anil bohot shareef hain'. I was like, 'What do you mean, I am not shareef? It's NORMAL decency to TALK with your classamates when you see them.' He was sorta shy, but I didn't know this much as he had come from a coed school. They told me a story where his friends joked with his mom that he has a girlfriend, and she FAINTED just listening to that. So in a way I can see where he was coming from.

Anyway, the same dude is transformed now. Holds big parties and dances with full abandon with women.
>> There is always the possibility he thought you were an Amway rep.. Just sayin'

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:47 pm

take care.

oh, does he read SUCH?

best wishes to both of you, regardless.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:54 pm

bw wrote:

take care.

oh, does he read SUCH?

best wishes to both of you, regardless.
>>> I am betting not. I don't think he even knows of Mariakka's participation in this forum as evidenced by his kindness to her. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:21 pm

"Love begets love, love knows no rules, this is the same for all."
— Virgil

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:29 pm

Kris wrote:>>> I am betting not. I don't think he even knows of Mariakka's participation in this forum as evidenced by his kindness to her. Smile

Sorry, you lost the bet, Kris:)

Am transparent, and my family knows my "ways"..they would be really surprised if I don't talk to all kinds of strangers online as I always do in real life, esp. with "unusual people" (people who are often seen as weird, misfits, losers - that's certainly not a reference to any of you highly intelligent and accomplished people Smile ).

Since they know friends I met via Sulekha, just the name is familiar to them. I have mentioned about the changes in Sulekha..and how I interact with Sulekha friends in different sites now, including this one.  Sadly, there seems to be absolutely no curiosity about my online presence anywhere! 

Thanks bw.

Thank you Mr. DUT.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:"Love begets love, love knows no rules, this is the same for all."
— Virgil

"Love is not a relationship, love is a state of being"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:41 pm

Congrats on your successful married life, Maria! Wishing you many more yrs of happiness.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:56 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:"Love begets love, love knows no rules, this is the same for all."
— Virgil

This reminds me of my school days. When love n love related quotes were all we thought about talked about.

Love is this. Love is not that. Love is everything.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:01 pm

seven wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
— Virgil

This reminds me of my school days. When love n love related quotes were all we thought about talked about.

Love is this. Love is not that. Love is everything.

I saw that quote on a huge banner in the background in one of the movies (forgot which one). I liked it. Googled for it and found out that Osho said it. Good quote.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Full quote: Love is not a relationship, love is a state of being; it has nothing to do with anybody else. One is not "in love", one is love. And of course when one is love, one is in love – but that is an outcome, a by-product, that is not the source. The source is that one is love.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:12 pm

Kinnera wrote:Full quote: Love is not a relationship, love is a state of being; it has nothing to do with anybody else. One is not "in love", one is love. And of course when one is love, one is in love – but that is an outcome, a by-product, that is not the source. The source is that one is love.”

"I am love"

I feel sexy just saying that out loud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:52 pm

Thanks Kinnera.

"Successful" is a nice term, it's lifelong tests! 

Louder, Ms. Love:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:53 pm

hehe

married Walt8

married Walt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content