Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mars pictures from MOM, a commentary

4 posters

Go down

Mars pictures from MOM, a commentary Empty Mars pictures from MOM, a commentary

Post by indophile Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:40 pm

http://www.planetary.org/blogs/emily-lakdawalla/2014/09290843-mars-orbiter-mission-delivers.html

indophile

Back to top Go down

Mars pictures from MOM, a commentary Empty Re: Mars pictures from MOM, a commentary

Post by FluteHolder Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Nice pictures and an interesting last name of the writer.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Mars pictures from MOM, a commentary Empty Re: Mars pictures from MOM, a commentary

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:03 pm

thank you, indophile. did you check out the mars weather report?

Martian weather between 15 September 2014 and 21 September 2014: Regional storm activity picked up in the northern hemisphere, with large storms occurring from Utopia to Arcadia and arcuate-shaped storms following the Acidalia storm track into Chryse. Even in the caldera of Olympus Mons, a small spiral-type, "Lee" dust storm occurred this past week. Dust-lifting was less active in the southern hemisphere, but isolated local storms were observed in Noctis, Aonia, and Noachis. Diffuse water ice clouds were present over the Tharsis volcanoes, Tempe, and over the western rim of Hellas basin. Skies remained storm-free over the Opportunity rover site in Meridiani and the Curiosity rover site in Gale Crater.

** guess I'm behind the times. didn't realize there was water on the planet.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:55 am

Me too. A volcano spewing water! It may look like Ganga being ejected from Shiva's mattes!

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:38 am

indophile wrote:Me too. A volcano spewing water! It may look like Ganga being ejected from Shiva's mattes!

It may not necessarily be water, but something which LOOKS like water. I don't think there is conclusive evidence yet that water exists on Mars in any form (including in or spewing out of volcanos).
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down