Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat with Amazon about Hindi (actual chat log)

4 posters

Go down

Chat with Amazon about Hindi (actual chat log) Empty Chat with Amazon about Hindi (actual chat log)

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:11 pm

Deepak Siddananja
Yesterday at 3:35pm
My chat conversation with Amazon India:\

Initial Question: Wishing us to go 'Bankrupt'?
02:16 AM IST Aaditya Vardhan(Amazon): Hello, my name is Aaditya Vardhan. Could you elaborate your issue?
02:16 AM IST Deepak Siddananja: I am customer of Amazon.co.uk for over a decade, and I have also bought from the new india website.
02:17 AM IST Deepak Siddananja: But today I saw that the india website is wishing us to go bankrupt.
In Kannada and many other languages, diwali means bankrupt
02:18 AM IST Deepak Siddananja: We celebrate the festival as DeepaavaLi
02:18 AM IST Aaditya Vardhan(Amazon): You mean that the word "Diwali" should be changed to "Deepavali", Deepak?
02:19 AM IST Deepak Siddananja: absolutely
02:21 AM IST Aaditya Vardhan(Amazon): I understand, Deepak. The reason why it was listed as Diwali is because they usually call Diwali in Hindi and as it is our national language we preferred that.
However, I'll take this as a suggestion and will surely forward it to the internal team.
Is there anything else I can help you with today?
02:22 AM IST Deepak Siddananja: yes
02:22 AM IST Aaditya Vardhan(Amazon): Sure.
02:22 AM IST Deepak Siddananja: I am curious to know where it is mentioned that hindi is the national language?
02:23 AM IST Aaditya Vardhan(Amazon): I am sorry I didn't get you.
02:25 AM IST Deepak Siddananja: You said hindi is our national language, so I am asking where is it mentioned?
02:25 AM IST Aaditya Vardhan(Amazon): On our website?
Or do you mean generally?
02:26 AM IST Deepak Siddananja: Does Amazon India mention on their website that hindi is the national language?
02:26 AM IST Aaditya Vardhan(Amazon): No, we have not mentioned about that.
02:28 AM IST Aaditya Vardhan(Amazon): Is there anything else I can help you with today?
02:29 AM IST Deepak Siddananja: I am surprised to know that even Amazon India is indulging in hindi imposition.
02:30 AM IST Deepak Siddananja: http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/hindi-not-a-national-language-court/article94695.ece
02:31 AM IST Aaditya Vardhan(Amazon): I will take this as a feedback and will send this to the concerned department.
Could I be of any further assistance to you today about your orders?
02:31 AM IST Deepak Siddananja: I will now have to reconsider my decade long loyalty towards Amazon.
02:32 AM IST Deepak Siddananja: Thanks for making it evident how much Amazon India respects the linguistic and cultural diversity in India.
02:34 AM IST Aaditya Vardhan(Amazon): I can understand you disappointment. I will take this as a feedback to our site and will forward to the concerned department.
02:35 AM IST Deepak Siddananja: ದೀಪಾವಳಿ ಹಬ್ಬ ಹರುಷ ಹಾಗು ಸಮೃದ್ಧಿ ತರಲಿ. Let this Deepavali bring happiness and prosperity to one and all.
In the case of Amazon India, wish you understood and respected the emotions and sentiments of customers.
02:36 AM IST Aaditya Vardhan(Amazon): Thank you and wish you all the same. Yes, Deepak. I completely understand.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Chat with Amazon about Hindi (actual chat log) Empty Re: Chat with Amazon about Hindi (actual chat log)

Post by Guest Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:30 pm

just read first 2-3 lines.

diwali = deepavali
diwaliA = bankrupt.

stupid deepak and stupider you, and if adita vardhan didn't correct deepak, then... he should learn the correct usage.

Back to top Go down

Chat with Amazon about Hindi (actual chat log) Empty Re: Chat with Amazon about Hindi (actual chat log)

Post by Kris Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:06 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Deepak Siddananja
Yesterday at 3:35pm
My chat conversation with Amazon India:\

>> Did Deepak hear from them  after that?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:27 pm

exactly! diwala is bankruptcy
diwali is deepawali

this deepak person is really sad if he is taking time out to lash out on a customer care person on chat. i hope he gets a life and finds a job etc.
and you too kv. or do u prefer kay vee.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:51 pm

http://dict.hinkhoj.com/words/meaning-of-DIVALA-in-hindi.html

Yes, it is divala that means bankruptcy, not diwali. It's the same word in telugu too and probably many other indian languages. That Deepak fellow is an idiot. He needs to first learn kannada well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:36 pm

Some ignorant people above said that diwaali does not mean bankrupt in Kannada.

Check http://www.kannadakasturi.com/kasturiEnglishKanDictionary/Searchword.aspo

bankrupt = DiwaaLi (Kannada)

It is not wrong to be ignorant but posting nonsense out of ignorant is to be condemned.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:17 am

Kayalvizhi wrote:Some ignorant people above said that diwaali does not mean bankrupt in Kannada.

Check http://www.kannadakasturi.com/kasturiEnglishKanDictionary/Searchword.aspo

bankrupt = DiwaaLi (Kannada)

It is not wrong to be ignorant but posting nonsense out of ignorant is to be condemned.

Be careful about what you say....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down