Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for kv

+3
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Hellsangel
bw
7 posters

Go down

for kv Empty for kv

Post by bw Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:09 pm

for kv IMG_3603

bw

Back to top Go down

for kv Empty Re: for kv

Post by Hellsangel Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:37 pm

Indean? Some kind of Franco-Anglo-Tamilo-Japanese restaurant?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:51 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Indean? Some kind of Franco-Anglo-Tamilo-Japanese restaurant?

focus on the tamil letters - they got that right. i thought kv will be pleased that i noticed this but guess not.  Sad

i didn't go in but guess it is a south indian (tamilian?) place.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:29 pm

bw wrote:

focus on the tamil letters - they got that right. i thought kv will be pleased that i noticed this but guess not.  Sad

Must be a Ealamite Restaurant. I went to an "SI restaurant" in Honolulu and on talking realized it was an Ealamite restaurant.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:47 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
bw wrote:

Must be a Ealamite Restaurant. I went to an "SI restaurant" in Honolulu and on talking realized it was an Ealamite restaurant.

hmm. shall check it out sometime.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:52 pm

bw wrote:

Halcy, despite this being a good-natured gesture on your part, KV and his/her guru Thanjai Nalankilli would find fault with the name Thilaga when it ought to be Thilakam in Tamil, or more appropriately Pottu, if de-Sanskritized. Smile

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:04 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
bw wrote:

Halcy, despite this being a good-natured gesture on your part, KV and his/her guru Thanjai Nalankilli would find fault with the name Thilaga when it ought to be Thilakam in Tamil, or more appropriately Pottu, if de-Sanskritized. Smile

oh, no wonder he/she ignored this thread. kv has been appreciative of me in the past when i have noticed such things or have taken a firm stance against pesky, hindian waiters responding in hindi to my english requests. on that note, i have another restaurant story for her  - a sindhi woman asking us(my cousin and i) whether we are tamils from keral. she first said, "oh, tamil, u from SL?" and when my cousin retorted with  "no, we are indians", she said "oh, tamil is spoken in india?" and then broke into a smile and said "oh, tamil from keral!". the story doesn't quite end there but shall write about it another time. i somehow managed to restrain my very proud tamilian cousin from committing any violent act.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:15 pm

bw wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
bw wrote:

oh, no wonder he/she ignored this thread. kv has been appreciative of me in the past when i have noticed such things or have taken a firm stance against pesky, hindian waiters responding in hindi to my english requests. on that note, i have another restaurant story for her  - a sindhi woman asking us(my cousin and i) whether we are tamils from keral. she first said, "oh, tamil, u from SL?" and when my cousin retorted with  "no, we are indians", she said "oh, tamil is spoken in india?" and then broke into a smile and said "oh, tamil from keral!". the story doesn't quite end there but shall write about it another time. i somehow managed to restrain my very proud tamilian cousin from committing any violent act.

LOL! Reminds of an incident a few years back when my older brother had come to visit me in Chicago. We were at a downtown restaurant when the waiter (might have been the manager) started talking to us in Hindi. I said, "Could you speak in English? I don't understand the language." And he goes, "How come you don't know Hindi, yet you are an INDIAN?" I retorted, "I didn't realize that to be an Indian I have to know Hindi, a paan-chewing face and bad breath." My brother broke out laughing.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle2 Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:28 am

goodcitizn wrote:
bw wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
bw wrote:

LOL! Reminds of an incident a few years back when my older brother had come to visit me in Chicago. We were at a downtown restaurant when the waiter (might have been the manager) started talking to us in Hindi. I said, "Could you speak in English? I don't understand the language." And he goes, "How come you don't know Hindi, yet you are an INDIAN?" I retorted, "I didn't realize that to be an Indian I have to know Hindi, a paan-chewing face and bad breath." My brother broke out laughing.

i'm sure you didn't.

michelle2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:00 am

goodcitizn wrote:
bw wrote:

>>>Wait, I thought Troll Vizhi and Tanji Null-And-Silly would be happy with 'Thilaga', considering  eelamites use the g sound for the k sound and the p sound for b (example: chidamparam)

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:08 am

Kris wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
bw wrote:

>>>Wait, I thought Troll Vizhi and Tanji Null-And-Silly would be happy with 'Thilaga', considering  eelamites use the g sound for the k sound and the p sound for b (example: chidamparam)

In keeping with your observation, KV should renounce his/her K and adopt G to become Gayal Vizhi. I am sure Saamiyaar would second such a motion in the Null & Silly Parliament.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:17 am

bw wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
bw wrote:

no violent act required. just this retort -- "oh sindhi from pak?" and if she says she is indian, "sindhi is spoken in india?"
two can play pretend stupid.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum