Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feku Bharat

3 posters

Go down

Feku Bharat Empty Feku Bharat

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:56 am

While the cumulative, country-wide utilisation of funds released is a paltry 1.82% of the total amount, MPs from poll-bound Delhi, and also from Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Assam, among others, have sat on the government funds earmarked for development, without commissioning even a single work in their parliamentary constituencies. 

From May 2014 until January 1, 2015, MPs have received a total of Rs 1,242.50 crore under the MPLAD scheme. Uttar Pradesh, with its 80 parliamentarians, PM Narendra Modi among them, has received the largest part of this share, Rs 197.50 crore as first tranche. But in six months since the fund was released, none of the MPs, 71 from BJP, 2 of Apna Dal, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi, and 5 MPs of Samajwadi Party, including Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, daughter-in-law Dimple, nephews Dharmendra and Akshay, and grand nephew Tej Pratap, could fund development works permitted under the scheme. 
Under MPLAD, MPs are given the choice of suggesting to the district collector of a nodal district in their parliamentary constituency, development works worth Rs 5 crore per annum. The objective of the scheme is to create durable community assets based on locally felt needs, including those that strengthen drinking water facilities, primary education, public health, sanitation and roads. 
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/prime-minister-narendra-modi-and-his-mps-havent-spent-a-rupee-from-mplad-fund/articleshow/46083655.cms

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Feku Bharat Empty Re: Feku Bharat

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:01 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
While the cumulative, country-wide utilisation of funds released is a paltry 1.82% of the total amount, MPs from poll-bound Delhi, and also from Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Assam, among others, have sat on the government funds earmarked for development, without commissioning even a single work in their parliamentary constituencies. 

From May 2014 until January 1, 2015, MPs have received a total of Rs 1,242.50 crore under the MPLAD scheme. Uttar Pradesh, with its 80 parliamentarians, PM Narendra Modi among them, has received the largest part of this share, Rs 197.50 crore as first tranche. But in six months since the fund was released, none of the MPs, 71 from BJP, 2 of Apna Dal, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi, and 5 MPs of Samajwadi Party, including Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, daughter-in-law Dimple, nephews Dharmendra and Akshay, and grand nephew Tej Pratap, could fund development works permitted under the scheme. 
Under MPLAD, MPs are given the choice of suggesting to the district collector of a nodal district in their parliamentary constituency, development works worth Rs 5 crore per annum. The objective of the scheme is to create durable community assets based on locally felt needs, including those that strengthen drinking water facilities, primary education, public health, sanitation and roads. 
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/prime-minister-narendra-modi-and-his-mps-havent-spent-a-rupee-from-mplad-fund/articleshow/46083655.cms

It is common lethargy that famously afflicts the world over when it comes to spending Govt funds. Wait till the last minute. No news here. I agree the Cong(i) would have spent the money in the first month except no one would have been able to trace it as all the funds would have ended up in the locker of 10 Janpath and Vadra Reel Estate.

BTW, what can 3 to 5 cr buy these days ??? Someone I know bought some 20 cents (3.5 grounds) in Madras (OMR road) for 4 cr 4 years back and it is now 20 cr. Si 3-5 crore is good enough to buy just enough land to build a latrine and a septic tank these days.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:17 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

It is common lethargy that famously afflicts the world over when it comes to spending Govt funds. Wait till the last minute. No news here. I agree the Cong(i) would have spent the money in the first month except no one would have been able to trace it as all the funds would have ended up in the locker of 10 Janpath and Vadra Reel Estate.

BTW, what can 3 to 5 cr buy these days ???  Someone I know bought some 20 cents (3.5 grounds) in Madras (OMR road) for 4 cr 4 years back and it is now 20 cr. Si 3-5 crore is good enough to buy just enough land to build a latrine and a septic tank these days.
So don't spend at all? 5 crores still buys a lot in rural areas; roads, drinking water, sanitation etc., can be provided for a few villages.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:26 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

BTW, what can 3 to 5 cr buy these days ???  Someone I know bought some 20 cents (3.5 grounds) in Madras (OMR road) for 4 cr 4 years back and it is now 20 cr. Si 3-5 crore is good enough to buy just enough land to build a latrine and a septic tank these days.
So don't spend at all? 5 crores still buys a lot in rural areas; roads, drinking water, sanitation etc., can be provided for a few villages.

Do you have an account of all the annual allocation spent by your Cong(i) MPs - say for the last 3 years before 2014? or at least give an account for ANY year between 2004 - 2014.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:32 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

Do you have an account of all the annual allocation spent by your Cong(i) MPs - say for the last 3 years before 2014? or at least give an account for ANY year between 2004 - 2014.
but they weren't the pompous asses that current PM is.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:19 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

Upps Aunty, stop justifying every failure on behalf of the BJP by pointing a finger at earlier governments which were thrown out of power precisely for this kind of non-governance.

Each MP is individually accountable for those funds and with 336 MPs in the current Lok Sabha, the burden today is on the NDA to make sure the money is spent judiciously on civil projects that benefit the people.

While they shamelessly steal money from out of corporate profits, misappropriating 2% of post-tax profits on so-called CSR, the least they can do is spend the money that has been expressly allocated for developmental work.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down