Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the drone competition in UAE

2 posters

Go down

the drone competition in UAE Empty the drone competition in UAE

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:30 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-32306808

I hope the dummies in india are doing a little more than study for the iit exams alone. Do Indians have any such competitions? Do they ever do anything fun and creative?

The UAE of all places has this "drones for good" while the world mostly talks about the 72-ers. 
Although of course it did occur to me that with these drones they probably will have less need for suicide bombers.
Trix, my love, will you please let me know if that soundtrack is from Bollywood? it sounds awfully familiar and indianish.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

the drone competition in UAE Empty Re: the drone competition in UAE

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:36 pm

I think drones will be useful to study endangered animals in a dense rainforest they'd be really good for ornithology and things like that. obviously great for photography and cinematograpy and to assist in solving crimes.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:39 pm

and just imagine if we could supply antibiotics or IVFs and stuff like that to people in ebola-hit areas/ other areas where the infection rates are high or there is a lot of crime preventing the deployment of physicians or medical equiment. I can see MSF really benefitting from this.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:40 pm

okay,i have heard of drones before this. I just got excited thinking about it now, that's all.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:41 am

pravalika nanda wrote:okay,i have heard of drones before this. I just got excited thinking about it now, that's all.

Haha..ok, Pravu. We believe you.

Btw, you left out the most exciting application - home-delivery of food without any need to tip!!

Current technology may not work in the rains though. So you might still need to depend on that Messican for a few more years.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:00 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:okay,i have heard of drones before this. I just got excited thinking about it now, that's all.

Haha..ok, Pravu. We believe you.

Btw, you left out the most exciting application - home-delivery of food without any need to tip!!

** Oh Merlot, you are right! just thinking of a drone delivering my food makes my day so much brighter than it already is. And it would be faster too, cuz there wouldn't be all that traffic. And drones can't complain. I will have a Phillips screwdriver handy if the drone annoys me in some way.

**I'm sorry you're not getting beef legally in your part of India. I'm sure you're getting it on the sly though. But you could also use a drone to have your beef flown to your window so you don't have to secretly get it yourself.

Current technology may not work in the rains though. So you might still need to depend on that Messican for a few more years.

iCook, thank you.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:55 am

pravalika nanda wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-32306808

I hope the dummies in india are doing a little more than study for the iit exams alone. Do Indians have any such competitions? Do they ever do anything fun and creative?

The UAE of all places has this "drones for good" while the world mostly talks about the 72-ers. 
Although of course it did occur to me that with these drones they probably will have less need for suicide bombers.
Trix, my love, will you please let me know if that soundtrack is from Bollywood? it sounds awfully familiar and indianish.

yes, there are drone competitions in india. incidentally my older is the team leader of his college drone club and they are currently on an assignment by the karnataka govt to develop cheap drones to spray pesticides. they just finished developing a prototype. the most coveted competition is SUAS in maine (http://www.auvsifoundation.org/competitions/suas) and older's team will be competing again this summer. last year delhi tech. university did very well. 

http://www.jatayurvce.com/

in fact drones have become very common in india. their biggest presence is at events (weddings), lol. and media!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down