Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mere Brother Ki Dulhan

2 posters

Go down

Mere Brother Ki Dulhan Empty Mere Brother Ki Dulhan

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:15 am

I liked it actually. Some scenes were LOL funny, and the movie never got boring... initially it seemed like it would be boring and cliched, but then it picked up the pace and surprised a bit... well not entirely, but still the screenplay was refreshing. So that made the difference.

A nice writing/directing debut for Ali Abbas Zafar. I think I have liked most of his songs and movies so far. And you thambis can cringe all you want, but I think he is a cutie.

Good work by Imran and Katrina. I like the way Imran does comedy... and that's the best when he is NOT trying to be funny. Delhi Belly was another example. Katrina was in her usual elements... She is so amazingly the #1 actress in town, but doesn't let that seep into her movies. In the sense that she still tries to get under the skin of her characters.

I liked a couple of songs from it... will post it with time.

Back to top Go down

Mere Brother Ki Dulhan Empty Re: Mere Brother Ki Dulhan

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:38 am

Yeah, I hear the Dhunki Dhunki song every morning on FM radio and just can't get it out of my head.

The story sounded cliched to the extreme. Also, I can't stand Katrina - ok, maybe I can if she wears sufficient eye-liner as in this video. Eye-liner, that magical device that makes even the most plastic faces look interesting.

Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:41 am

It is a cliched story, and that's the funny part... they have done nothing to hide that fact... in fact they have built in many filmy cliches in the dialogs itself, and almost all the songs are spoofs of other movies/songs... and YET some of the scenes/plots are new, unbelievable and lol funny. At least I found myself laughing helplessly.

dhunki dhunki song was catchy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:

A nice writing/directing debut for Ali Abbas Zafar. I think I have liked most of his songs and movies so far. And you thambis can cringe all you want, but I think he is a cutie.

I liked a couple of songs from it... will post it with time.

Ooops... Mixed up director and actor... songer/actor Ali Zafar is cute... director Ali Abbas Zafar, dunno him.... I thot the two are the same... oh well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:41 pm

it was an alright movie. good music, cast ( minus parikshit sahni) but illogical plot. not very convincing and imran khan cannot do serious roles very well. he just looks funny no matter what Razz

kat looks b'ful and there is nobody else in the movie. you see kat and/or imran on screen in every seen. that got boring after a while.

my fav song from the movie is madhubala.

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:18 pm

My review--

When George Bernard Shaw was angrily asked by a playwright as to why he had slept throughout his play when he had invited Shaw to tell his opinion about it , Shaw replied , '' My dear fellow , sleep is an opinion ''

My opinion about this film is a little different.....

It is--I should have gone to sleep.....

In short--Why did I take that mugfull of piping hot coffee that I drank before the start of the movie.....

That cuppa coffee that kept me awake to endure 2 and a half hours of audiovisual torture that they called a film

So what about the film.....??

As the title says ,its a usual yash raj film about shaadi , baarat , baraati , mohobbat and the rest......

15 years after DDLJ , they make the same kind of films.....

And women still flock to the theaters to see mushy romance.....

......bringing with them their longsuffering menfolk......

Yours truely being one of them......

Difference is--the quality has gone down since DDLJ.....

And the chemistry between Imran Khan and Katrina does not even begin to match the one between Rukh-rukh-ke-bolne-wala-khan ( remember his ka ka ka kiran from another yash raj film ? )and Kajol.....

Yeah--Kats is the brother-ki-dulhan....

Now why does the brother send the hero to India to select a girl for him ??

Obviously , younger brother ( Imraan )selects a girl of his liking , and she being of his liking , ends up falling in love with her.....

Kats is the bold one , giving Imraan sleeping pills and kidnapping a reluctant and sleepy Imraan in order to elope with her.....

Like the film , this idea too fails....

Imraan is the smarter one , he invents a plot to make his brother fall out of love of his dulhan....

So whats the plot ??

Go and watch the movie for that.....

On the other hand , no harm in telling it--who's gonna watch the movie after this review ??

So Imraan brings out his brother's ex-girlfriend from London , who arrives at the shaadi-venue to create problems....

......And then the brother is the one who elopes with her.....

Leaving the door clear for the consummation of Imraan-Katrina's third-rate romance....

....Also mercifully leaving the door clear for our exit from the theater.....

Back to home sweet home and beauty sleep.....

Oh no !! The coffee's gonna keep me awake until I complete this review !!

Now dont say you went to sleep while reading this review for the writing of which I sat in front of the desktop burning the midnight oil....

After all ,sleep is an opinion , according to George Bernard Shaw.....

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down