Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obeisance to Goddess Mahalakshmi - Sooryagayathri & Kuldeep M Pai

3 posters

Go down

Obeisance to Goddess Mahalakshmi - Sooryagayathri & Kuldeep M Pai Empty Obeisance to Goddess Mahalakshmi - Sooryagayathri & Kuldeep M Pai

Post by FluteHolder Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:37 am

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Obeisance to Goddess Mahalakshmi - Sooryagayathri & Kuldeep M Pai Empty Re: Obeisance to Goddess Mahalakshmi - Sooryagayathri & Kuldeep M Pai

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:36 am

I heard Bhimsen Joshi's rendition in the past. Also a Kannadiga family friend sang at a Vratam in our house.

Thanks for posting this. The guru-sishya scene and the recital in the midst of greenery are appropriate. Hopefully, such traditions are kept alive in spite of Sikular mental illness in DKheads.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Obeisance to Goddess Mahalakshmi - Sooryagayathri & Kuldeep M Pai Empty Re: Obeisance to Goddess Mahalakshmi - Sooryagayathri & Kuldeep M Pai

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:01 am

Speaking of Vratas, relatives of mine living in T Nagar were friends of MS. In the 60's, we visited them and Subbulakshmi was invited to a vratam in their house. She was so down-to-earth, recited a devotional song, paid her respects to the elderly, took the prasadam and quietly left.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:31 pm

FluteHolder wrote:
so beautiful. thank you.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:43 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:I heard Bhimsen Joshi's rendition in the past. Also a Kannadiga family friend sang at a Vratam in our house.

Thanks for posting this. The guru-sishya scene and the recital in the midst of greenery are appropriate. Hopefully, such traditions are kept alive in spite of Sikular mental illness in DKheads.
What? That guy was annoying.

This is the other one I like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN4BlmIk9X4
devi alankarana kuda baagundhi.

MS really ruined it when she sang it.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down