Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shashi Tharoor: Britain Does Owe Reparations

5 posters

Go down

Shashi Tharoor: Britain Does Owe Reparations Empty Shashi Tharoor: Britain Does Owe Reparations

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:19 pm

Shashi Tharoor at his best putting the British in their place while speaking at the Oxford. This is a must watch.

PS: Please stick to the topic. All the pathetic losers, stay off.

Back to top Go down

Shashi Tharoor: Britain Does Owe Reparations Empty Re: Shashi Tharoor: Britain Does Owe Reparations

Post by Kris Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:05 am

Kinnera wrote:

Shashi Tharoor at his best putting the British in their place while speaking at the Oxford. This is a must watch.

>>>Nice humor-laced digs, which is commonplace at the Oxford Union debates. The bigger problem is the country is an also-ran and I didn't even know they were giving out any meaningful aid. 

P.S. Glad you are back. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Shashi Tharoor: Britain Does Owe Reparations Empty Re: Shashi Tharoor: Britain Does Owe Reparations

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:22 am

Kris wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

>>>Nice humor-laced digs, which is commonplace at the Oxford Union debates. The bigger problem is the country is an also-ran and I didn't even know they were giving out any meaningful aid. 

P.S. Glad you are back. Smile
Ya, he's a great debator. I enjoyed everything in his speech except the last part where he said he'll be happy with a pound a year for the next 200 yrs. I felt that he watered down with that statement. Anyway, i don't expect anything from the brits. They ain't givin nothing. I don't care abt their acknowledgement either. As long as the youngsters know what they did and are repulsed by it, it's enough. Tharoor's speech seemed to have that effect among the young audience in the hall. 
-
PS: I'll be back sporadically when i have something to share. Smile. Don't want to be a regular here. Bye for now, Kris. I'll be back...don't know when. Have a wonderful day! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:14 am

when is he going to ask central asian nations for reparations for turko mughal invasions ?? or is it politically correct to blame only the british for their rule because they did not leave any minority behind to protect the memory of their rule ??

i guess if they had raped hindu women like the muslims did and produced hordes of british descended people who would not tolerate criticizm of british rule ( just like muslims do not tolerate criticizm of islamic rule ) then shashi tharoor's mouth would have remained shut over the issue . 

the british are easy targets because they were gentlemen conquerors who packed their bags and left without leaving any population behind . on the other hand no one has the guts to say anything about the turko mughal invaders .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:26 am

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/politics/angry-sonia-gandhi-pulls-up-shashi-tharoor-for-not-following-party-line-accuses-him-of-always-doing-this-1024300.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:09 am

i was thinking of the same things as those in the article linked below but could not articulate them in my mind when i was watching the speech (mostly because it was unimportant to me then). so i will, now, merely give you a link to the article because:

- i lack originality;
- because phlegmy has delivered a master stroke by exposing my weakness (see above) and it is gnawing at my bones;
- because i just spilt tea on my lungi; 
- because today is monday; and
- because we shuld give phlegmy something to cheer about every monday.

http://akkarbakkar.com/dear-shashi-tharoor-your-accent-could-not-mask-the-holes-in-your-speech/

paging kinnera: SHASHI THAROOR IS AN IDIOT. 

your turn.  

2 points the critic missed (in the link above) and that had crossed my mind:

- i believe that british rule, retrospectively, was a prophylactic for india (the concept india  was highly vulnerable to fragmentation or balkanization). the least colonial rule did was hold back other hostile invasions and keep the union intact.

- the brits built the rail roads not just for their goods transportation. tharoor is wrong! it was used and intended to be used for public transport also and for P&T and sundry. it all might have been solely in "colonial" good, but, regardless, THEY BUILT IT BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE IN INDIA FOR GOOD. then there was a twist of fate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:34 pm

brie wrote:http://www.ibnlive.com/news/politics/angry-sonia-gandhi-pulls-up-shashi-tharoor-for-not-following-party-line-accuses-him-of-always-doing-this-1024300.html

Hmm.......

Marie Antoinette will someday be hanged by the vote-banks.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:18 pm

brie wrote:i was thinking of the same things as those in the article linked below but could not articulate them in my mind when i was watching the speech (mostly because it was unimportant to me then). so i will, now, merely give you a link to the article because:

- i lack originality and testicles;
- because i just spilt tea on pissed in my lungi; 

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:37 pm

brie wrote:http://www.ibnlive.com/news/politics/angry-sonia-gandhi-pulls-up-shashi-tharoor-for-not-following-party-line-accuses-him-of-always-doing-this-1024300.html

Now that is the ultimate insult to him - being scolded by a white-skinned Phoren Bar-mata and her Genius son.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:27 am

brie wrote:then there was a twist of fate.
was there? what an interesting sentence! clearly not plagiarized from vikram chandra. oozes originality from every word!

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down