Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misunderstanding

4 posters

Go down

Misunderstanding Empty Misunderstanding

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:33 am

http://www.storypick.com/jasleen-kaur-satire-video/

Back to top Go down

Misunderstanding Empty Re: Misunderstanding

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:37 am

lol.. I have a story of my own on this...

always been a common hand signal (as shown in this video) to let a 2-wheeler rider know their headlight is on at day time. unfortunately, it's also a signal to harass a girl.

back in high school, some of my friends (girls) used to this to guys too, only if their headlight was on, thus completely shocking them.

so anyway, I was going on my luna once, or must have been my kinetic, and I crossed paths with a couple of boys going on their scooters. They flashed me the hand signal. I saw one of them had their headlight on too. so like a responsible citizen, I reciprocated by flashing my hand right away.

Then I looked down to turn off my headlights, it was already off.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:04 am

Lol Tracy you reminded me of this incident from childhood. 

I was walking home from school n saw a guy coming from the other side on his bike. Headlight was on n I had seen elders do this hand signal for headlight during day time. 

So I signaled to him that his headlight was on. Lol he went a little ahead so now he had drove past me n I kept walking towards my home. Then I saw he stopped his bike. Laughed. I turned back to see what happened n he was smiling at me. Then he left. 

Lolololol he stopped to laugh haha cuz he knew the other meaning of my signal. I must have been in 4th or 5th class.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:29 am

If a sign/gesture has two meanings what is the reason to arrive at the obscene one first before ruling out the other? Do these same girls/woman get down their vehicles and slap if someone shows them a finger here in the US?

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:39 am

smArtha wrote:If a sign/gesture has two meanings what is the reason to arrive at the obscene one first before ruling out the other? Do these same girls/woman get down their vehicles and slap if someone shows them a finger here in the US?
Because the way men behaved in the past n the life experiences girls have had makes them think the bad option first. 

Men created the bad impression themselves. That's why women arrive at bad option first. 

Now men are a little careful n fearful (not sensitive yet) in public. Thanks to all the awareness programs people are now learning not to mistreat women. Slowly the natural reaction will change n girls will not arrive at the bad option first. 

PS: this is not about all guys.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:15 am

Ok ladies...

I suggest that you show your concern at every motorcyle bubba that you see riding in the US.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:17 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Ok ladies...

I suggest that you show your concern at every motorcyle bubba that you see riding in the US.
In US they don't drive on the same road. They are on the other side of divider. Makes if harder to tell them. You see heehee

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:30 pm

What jasleen Kaur did was not a misunderstanding. She knew she had the power to punish that guy and lacked forethought n empathy. 

This video is misleading n doesn't show how the actual incident unfolded. 

One thing they got right is media being too quick to label the guy as pervert without doing their due diligence. Total loss of credibility. In my eyes at least.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:11 am

seven wrote:
smArtha wrote:If a sign/gesture has two meanings what is the reason to arrive at the obscene one first before ruling out the other? Do these same girls/woman get down their vehicles and slap if someone shows them a finger here in the US?
Because the way men behaved in the past n the life experiences girls have had makes them think the bad option first. 

Men created the bad impression themselves. That's why women arrive at bad option first. 

Even if we grant that bad option is the first thought.. would you not give the second thought a chance before you take a step as drastic as hitting someone?

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:41 am

Yes, she should have given the second option a thought. That's what everyone is questioning. That's why she is wrong n people are mocking her. 

What jasleen Kaur did btw was not misunderstand. She just misused the social media power against that guy.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:04 pm

Hmm...never knew men used this hand gesture to harass women in India. Never seen it. How old is this practise? Since 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, last decade?

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum