Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

madhuri

Go down

madhuri Empty madhuri

Post by Guest Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:39 am

(from a decade, 2 decades ago)

Dig this... I watched the Lux zee cine etcetera awards on tv yesterday - as did my whole family. It impressed me how the organizers wished to spice up the event by adding a bit of  'Hollywood meet bollywood' thing to the mega event. How ambitious of them, what valour they displayed.

They were going to educate us, internationalize us, stick bollywood on the world map. Beautiful. Keanu Reeves had been invited, along with a famous american magician. There were other minor players from hollywood too, aside from zee's own white-skinned overseas staff who gave the appearance that, in fact, entire Hollywood had turned up for the indian oscars. My sister screamed when Keanu appeared. She gave me a quick bated breath introduction to Keanu (for the show was happening...live!...and it wouldn't wait for her to finish). The crowds hollered and whistled.

Wait a minute.......you didn't get it did you?

The crowd wasn't whistling for keanu. The crowd was whistling for the sexy debutant standing next to him, with her deep cleavage and long legs. The debutant demurely accepted her award from keanu and demurely disappeared into the stands. Keanu just stood there, the spotlight torturing him, until he was cued to leave, just leave. After that, what I consider the high counterpoint of the show, happened. The famous american magician appeared and began to show the we've-seen-it-before crowd some of his virtuosic skills. I'll give him credit – he was good and terribly funny. But there was one problem. Apparently the organizers hadn't told him that his show was basically a filler-in, something to engage the public with before madhuri dixit's dance performance, and, that, fundamentally, he was only to be the french fries while the burger was sizzling on the grill. Clever that he was, he quickly realized this. At one point of time, he teased the crowd that there was no use getting restless since the person they were waiting for hadn't arrived yet (here he pointed towards an empty sofa). This sort of backfired on him.

But nevermind, because madhuri eventually arrived and the magician was relieved. Madhuri started dancing and now I was glued to the set. I glanced at my wife and then at the tv. I was beyond caring, I thought. Midway into her dance, the crowd started screaming and shouting and thumping. I wondered why. Why were they getting restless? At that point Madhuri smiled and gestured towards someone. On her cue, the stage suddenly fell dark and the spotlight veered this way and that to finally focus at her hips. I tried desperately to get my bearings. Yes, it was madhuri's hips and she was facing backwards and her hips, well her bum to be accurate, was swaying this way and that way to the hum of 'choli ke peeche kya hai' slowly, slowly and I wondered what  expression she was carrying on her face right then, her face that was unimportant and hidden right then. Just her bums, her waist, her ass, doesn’t matter who or what was above it or what was below it, just her ass swaying gently, full blown, on my screen and whistles and cat calls, all cries of satisfaction drowning the auditorium. And then she stopped. Turned around. And smiled. I was instantaneously blown away by this lady who understood and gave the audience what it wanted. And she gave it so shamelessly and they (I?) took it so shamelessly. I felt satisfied. Transformed. Great stuff. This girl has to be the ultimate. No wonder m.f. hussain was so mesmerized by her.

Back to top Go down

madhuri Empty Re: madhuri

Post by Guest Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:59 am

such a good story flow. *thumbs up* 

I wish to read a novel next Smile

Back to top Go down

madhuri Empty Re: madhuri

Post by Guest Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:23 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:such a good story flow. *thumbs up* 

I wish to read a novel next Smile
texas.

Back to top Go down