Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music as Medicine?

Go down

Music as Medicine? Empty Music as Medicine?

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:02 am

I guess it is. Which songs act as medicine to your soul?

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Music as Medicine? Empty Re: Music as Medicine?

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:14 am

Translation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAPIzPnY3HE

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:19 am

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:25 am

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:33 am

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:38 am

If God indeed is. Please Oh Please!

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:47 am

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:40 am

Jaana hai paar tere
Tu hi bhanwar hai
Pahunchegi paar kaise
Naazuk si naiyya 

truthseeker,

your tastes in music should evolve because your "self" is constantly evolving (the above videos you posted seem to belie this "expected" evolution). err.. i think something is contradictory in my previous statement. OK, got it! if you define "self" by its literal meaning then you are "self" and if your taste does not evolve it implies that your "self's" taste does not evolve because it is in resonance with you. but i think you seek "self" at a symbolic level? do you? what is your definition of "self?" i am fully prepared for absurd replies so don't you have to be circumspect. i am enjoying the music (youtube above) -- hear and watch it. lovely choreography (of the song) and a. r. rahman music. _/\_ today is weekend for me for the last two days were gruesome (work). 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:58 am

music may or may not be medicine, but it sure helps with stuff. i guess i don't have a set of songs i can call my 'medicine', because what i am hearing moves me depends on what mood i am in. sometimes a sad song resonating with my mood touches me and i hear it on repeat, and yet at other times a light song with good beats cheers me up instantly. All said and done, i listen to music almost throughout my office time, and sometimes in the evenings. On weekend nights, while others go here and there, i chromecast youtube on tv and listen to different collections, whatever i feel like at the moment, or sometimes whatever the kids or xh request.

last night, i searched for 'dance music' on youtube, lined up dumbells of 3, 5, 8, and 9 lbs, googled 'standing abs workouts' (i don't like floor exercises - they crush my soul), and did different routines for about 80-90 minutes, some involved weights, some stretches, and some pure dancing, all the while reflecting on my reflection in the deck glass door. Good times were had. I think this was the playlist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffacxfA7G4&list=PL64E6BD94546734D8

today, i am slightly sore, but hoping it's better soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:13 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:music may or may not be medicine, but it sure helps with stuff. i guess i don't have a set of songs i can call my 'medicine', because what i am hearing moves me depends on what mood i am in. sometimes a sad song resonating with my mood touches me and i hear it on repeat, and yet at other times a light song with good beats cheers me up instantly. All said and done, i listen to music almost throughout my office time, and sometimes in the evenings. On weekend nights, while others go here and there, i chromecast youtube on tv and listen to different collections, whatever i feel like at the moment, or sometimes whatever the kids or xh request.

nicely put! i won't watch your dance music playlist because i'm not interested.

you are right. it is my mood that seeks songs to listen to and it is not that a happy song can get me out of a sad mood. brilliant! when i am depressed, i shun music, books, my diaries (abominable hatred in that state) and even food. music will just not work as a medicine then. and when i am OK i think i do not need medicine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:12 am

Naino ki dhaak le ja
Naino ki naiyya
Patwaar (rudder) tu hai meri
Tu khevaiyya (captain)
Jaana hai paar tere
Tu hi bhanwar (storm) hai
Pahunchegi paar kaise
Naazuk si naiyya

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:18 am

Brie - I am getting old. Who are U - Hashie? I treat him, in many ways, as my "Guru".

Yup, you are right - sometimes I feel that I am a "stuck" record, which must move on.

Regards,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down