Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brave girl or provocative girl

4 posters

Go down

Brave girl or provocative girl Empty Brave girl or provocative girl

Post by truthbetold Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:12 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34949413

A Tunisian girl posted a topless photo on internet claiming her body is hers and is not a symbol of family or anyone's honor.

Tunisia, the most liberal muslim country in North Africa, is still a predominantly conservative islamic country.

She faced death threats and was shipped off to France for two years.

Now she is going back to her country as editor of magazine.

She is still abused on street and threats to her life are still real.

Is she a brave girl or what?

It is the actions and efforts of individuals like these that may inspire islamic society to reform and join the modern world.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Brave girl or provocative girl Empty Re: Brave girl or provocative girl

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:18 am

You should tell the importance of this to those idiots who want to take away this very freedom from scientists, writers and artists that live in India.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:25 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:You should tell the importance of this to those idiots who want to take away this very freedom from scientists, writers and artists that live in India.

cd,

Get off your superiority perch. People can think for themselves. You say what you think and let others have their say.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:46 pm

truthbetold wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:You should tell the importance of this to those idiots who want to take away this very freedom from scientists, writers and artists that live in India.

cd,

Get off your superiority perch.  People can think for themselves.  You say what you think and let others have their say.  

It's odd that you look for individual courage in faraway Tunisia (which you probably will never even visit, leave alone live in) while you deride similar courage shown by individuals in your old country as publicity stunts or politically motivated.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:08 pm

truthbetold wrote:http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34949413

A Tunisian girl posted a topless photo on internet claiming her body is hers and is not a symbol of family or anyone's honor.

Tunisia, the most liberal muslim country in North Africa, is still a predominantly conservative islamic country.

She faced death threats and was shipped off to France for two years.

Now she is going back to her country as editor of magazine.  

She is still abused on street and threats to her life are still real.

Is she a brave girl or what?

It is the actions and efforts of individuals like these that may inspire islamic society to reform and join the modern world.  

>>TBT,

I don't think it is wise to go back. While Tunisia is open enough with a liberal segment, there is also a deep conservative Islamist strain. There is also the aspect of the nature of the feminist battles being fought. Those are unique to the culture and the western feminist idiom may be quite different.I read this article a few hours ago. if I remember correctly, I think one of the local feminists even alludes to this. Her boldness is refreshing. With time and more experience, she could become a force a few years from now. She is still very young now to wage this battle.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:41 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
truthbetold wrote:

cd,

Get off your superiority perch.  People can think for themselves.  You say what you think and let others have their say.  

It's odd that you look for individual courage in faraway Tunisia (which you probably will never even visit, leave alone live in) while you deride similar courage shown by individuals in your old country as publicity stunts or politically motivated.

What is odd is your inability to assessed any given situation based on objective facts. Call me out on my posts about my posts on my old country and I will answer but lobbying irrelevant verbal bombs in unrelated posts.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:47 am

Kris,
The brave girl comes from the decision to go back at this time in the face of real and credible death threats. If she survives for few years and keeps learning from her experience, she could become an positive help to Tunisian democratic movement.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:52 pm

truthbetold wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
truthbetold wrote:

cd,

What is odd is your inability to assessed any given situation based on objective facts. Call me out on my posts about my posts on my old country and I will answer but lobbying irrelevant verbal bombs in unrelated posts.

Why is it irrelevant? I'm saying you are a hypocrite - digging up some obscure story from faraway Tunisia and lauding the protagonist even as you deride and trivialize similar courage shown in India.

And since you are too dense to see the irony and too egoistic to admit that a super-genius like you might be inconsistent in your stances, you simply attack anyone who points out your silliness. i don't expect anything different this time. So go for it, champ.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:42 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
truthbetold wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
truthbetold wrote:

cd,

Why is it irrelevant? I'm saying you are a hypocrite - digging up some obscure story from faraway Tunisia and lauding the protagonist even as you deride and trivialize similar courage shown in India.

And since you are too dense to see the irony and too egoistic to admit that a super-genius like you might be inconsistent in your stances, you simply attack anyone who points out your silliness. i don't expect anything different this time. So go for it, champ.

Merlot sipping jihadi apologist,

check the facts. That is a news item from BBC following her return to Tunisia. But then facts do not matter in your mind. Lunatic rants do not make an argument. Try one more time.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down