Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midlife Crisis Anyone?

Go down

Midlife Crisis Anyone? Empty Midlife Crisis Anyone?

Post by TruthSeeker Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:28 am

Posted in Finance section:

Mid life. Its a mindset where one thinks – do I have enough time left to fulfill my bucket list, or am I too lost in living as if I will live forever. $2M, $5M, $10M, $100M. I will die rich. Leaving all this money for kids. Financially independent throughout my life. But did I live my life, the way I wanted to? If I wanted to travel this planet earth, did I cut corners just to save for next generation? That is MLC. A realization that you are mortal, which a 20 year old does not have. A realization that a billionare cannot enjoy a candy or a beer, because the doctor told him he cant. We are mortals. Will die. Any planning, including financial, must take this fact into account. Choose a death date, and then plan backwards. Dont plan as if you are going to live forever. Mid life brings this out. I mean what good is your life if you have saved $10M, but always wanted to visit 7 wonders of the world, but never stepped out of US when you were alive? Life once gone, is gone!

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down