Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashdoc's short movie review---Deadpool

Go down

Ashdoc's short movie review---Deadpool Empty Ashdoc's short movie review---Deadpool

Post by ashdoc Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:26 pm

Normally I don't watch superhero movies . But hearing good reports I decided to take a chance on this one . 

Ryan Reynolds plays a superhero ( Deadpool ) with a difference . He has to wear a mask not to hide his identity but to conceal the hideous disfigurement of his face . And his superhero powers are not inborn but as a result of gene mutation in a lab---a gene mutation he has gone for because it is the only hope to cure his terminal cancer . 

But the people who caused the gene mutation which cured the cancer after numerous tortures but caused his facial disfigurement actually wanted to turn him into a superpowered slave to obey their clients---so they are not good people . And Ryan is out to get the chief of them---Ajax , played by Ed Skrein . 

But Ajax comes to know of Deadpool's achilles' heel---his girlfriend ( played by Morena Baccharin ) , whom he deeply loves but wants to avoid because she might not be able to bear to see his facial disfigurement . And Ajax pounces upon this achilles' heel---the girlfriend . Deadpool takes the help of two X men---a female named Negasonic teenage warhead and a male named Rasputin to save his girl , while Ajax has the help of Angel dust who is female .

So is Deadpool able to save his girl ? Can he take revenge on Ajax ? 
Watch the movie for that....

There are some good action sequences and some good humour in this movie . The movie has a self mocking tone and pretends to not take itself seriously---while it has a serious overtone actually . For the love between Wade ( Deadpool's real name in the movie ) and his girlfriend is real . So is is anguish at not being able to show himself to her after his disfigurement . And also his passion for undoing the wrongs done to him . 

Special effects and photography are good . Acting is good from everybody . Morena Baccharin looks real nice . The villains look real mean . And I quite liked this fellow Deadpool with his deadpan sense of humour . And I liked the idea of an Indian taxi driver taking Deadpool to his destination with his arch rival in love locked up inside his car's boot !!---me being Indian, you know....

Verdict---Three and a half stars .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down