Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

brubeck, miro, and a contemplative journey

4 posters

Go down

brubeck, miro, and a contemplative journey Empty brubeck, miro, and a contemplative journey

Post by swapna Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:27 pm

this video production is a beautiful melding of the late dave brubeck's jazz composition, "bluette," and the abstract paintings of joan miro:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eoKmh1S6qnc

this is my fav brubeck composition, but not because it is uncharacteristically melodious.

"joan" is probably pronounced as the mexican/ spanish name, "juan" is.

there is at least one painting by miro in nyc's museum of modern art, and several at the pompidou centre in paris.

swapna

Back to top Go down

brubeck, miro, and a contemplative journey Empty Re: brubeck, miro, and a contemplative journey

Post by swapna Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:34 pm

"bluette" on the contemplative journey I had promised:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xX6CRLt6CLE

the journey could well be through upstate new york.

swapna

Back to top Go down

brubeck, miro, and a contemplative journey Empty Re: brubeck, miro, and a contemplative journey

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:15 pm

swapna wrote:this video production is a beautiful melding of the late dave brubeck's jazz composition, "bluette," and the abstract paintings of joan miro:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eoKmh1S6qnc

this is my fav brubeck composition, but not because it is uncharacteristically melodious.

"joan" is probably pronounced as the mexican/ spanish name, "juan" is.

there is at least one painting by miro in nyc's museum of modern art, and several at the pompidou centre in paris.

fantastic! never heard this brubeck piece before. i've seen a few paintings of miro at the MFA here in boston.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:14 pm

I am watching a youtube video right now featuring a particularly melodious synchronized sycophantic symphony of mutual ingratiation. I may share the link later if I feel like it.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:24 pm

never question the harmonious music created between one father whose daughter is a tenure-track AP in a reputed uni, and another tenured professor who is looking to get his daughter into a reputed uni.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:45 pm

just an aberration by association..some rub off on to the sistah was bound to happen in the time of hahaha...excuse me ..hahaha 'all those years ago' in the 50's Razz

it's only peripheral, not at the DNA level - not of the epigenetic inheritance category.

cinderella sistah's bluff has been called out in the open, she will always seek her level.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down