Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forgotten genocide---that of zorastrians in Persia

+4
confuzzled dude
rawemotions
Vakavaka Pakapaka
ashdoc
8 posters

Go down

The forgotten genocide---that of zorastrians in Persia Empty The forgotten genocide---that of zorastrians in Persia

Post by ashdoc Thu May 05, 2016 2:53 pm

http://ahura.homestead.com/files/GENOCIDEofZarathushtiesWEBJULY07_2_.pdf

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

The forgotten genocide---that of zorastrians in Persia Empty Re: The forgotten genocide---that of zorastrians in Persia

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu May 05, 2016 5:43 pm

Parsis chose to come to India and India is happy that they did. There were others who came - Bahai, Ishmailis, Iraqi Jews, Tibetans, etc. Even Cleopatra of Egypt wanted to escape to India! This kind of history should be taught in Indian schools. Sikularists should be forced to stop monomaniac ars licking. CONartists are undermining the great tolerant history of India and spreading lies about the mainstream community.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

The forgotten genocide---that of zorastrians in Persia Empty Re: The forgotten genocide---that of zorastrians in Persia

Post by rawemotions Thu May 05, 2016 5:54 pm

ashdoc wrote:http://ahura.homestead.com/files/GENOCIDEofZarathushtiesWEBJULY07_2_.pdf
Thanks for posting this.

The genocide there mirrors the genocide committed in India on Hindus & Sikhs. Jaziya was used to force people to convert in India apart from threat of violence and slavery. The method mentioned about taking the women and children as Slaves, if some one does not pay Jaziya explains the conversions in a clear light. 

The excerpt below is very interesting. Youngsters should be taught about this. 

Excerpts
Maneckjee Limjee Hoshang Hataria, with the help of funds raised by the Parsis and with the political support of the British, finally negotiated with Sultan Nasser-O-Din Shah Ghajar, the payment of a lump sum in lieu of all future Jazyeh and a permanent exemption for the Zarathushtis from paying Jazyeh. 

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 pm

Being a pure vegetarian, I was worried about food options in Iran as I'd previously had a difficult time in China
But it turns out we have some common roots - and common food cultures.

Vegetarian Parsi food came to my rescue.

Zoroastrianism is one of world's oldest religions and was founded in ancient Iran about 3,500 years ago.
In the 10th Century, a group of Iranians fled, seeking religious freedom, and ended up on the shores of Gujarat in India where they are now known as Indian Parsi community.

Since then, the Parsis settled in India have maintained strong connections with Iran
And if you are a vegetarian like me, who does not even eat eggs, Parsi restaurants in Iran ensure you are well fed.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-36341636

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun May 22, 2016 9:49 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/14/opinion/choksy-iran-zoroastrian/
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon May 23, 2016 8:42 am

without exception, all the iranians I've met are excessively proud of their culture to the point of being boastful. they're fairly friendly and cultured unlike most muslims from middleast and southeast asia, but the feeling of pride and superiority is something I've seen time and again (>10 sample size). pride for them is also the same as putting down other civilizations. when we get into an argument, my friend likes to say all famous indians are ex-iranians and without fail, I remind them they fled to the safety of hindustani civilization and prospered here or they would have perished like number of other minorities in persia. that shuts them up, usually.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon May 23, 2016 10:34 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:without exception, all the iranians I've met are excessively proud of their culture to the point of being boastful. they're fairly friendly and cultured unlike most muslims from middleast and southeast asia, but the feeling of pride and superiority is something I've seen time and again (>10 sample size). pride for them is also the same as putting down other civilizations. when we get into an argument, my friend likes to say all famous indians are ex-iranians and without fail, I remind them they fled to the safety of hindustani civilization and prospered here or they would have perished like number of other minorities in persia. that shuts them up, usually.
http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2011/10/09/170927.html wrote:This hatred, Zibakalam argued, is not the product of the current hegemony conflict in the region, as many people might suspect, but has its roots in history.

“Persians will never forget their defeat at the hands of Arabs in the Battle of Qadisiya 1,400 years ago. It is as if a fire keeps seething under the ashes and is waiting for the right moment to explode,” he said. 

Iran’s attempts to gain supremacy in the region are not triggered by political ambition as much as by a racist drive that pushes Iranians to prove they are superior, the professor said.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon May 23, 2016 5:35 pm

>> The genocide there mirrors the genocide committed in India on Hindus & Sikhs.

Can you tell me which Hindu massacre. Are you referring to massacre of Tamils in Eelam (northeartern Sri Lankan island) by India-Lanka?

Yes I know of the Sikh massacres in 1980s by Indian army.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon May 23, 2016 5:38 pm

Separatist, Secessionist or Independence Movements in India: Assam, Manipur, Nagaland, Punjab, Tamil Nadu

http://www.tamiltribune.com/c/index.html

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon May 23, 2016 6:14 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Separatist, Secessionist or Independence Movements in India: Assam, Manipur, Nagaland, Punjab, Tamil Nadu

Hey Kayar,

If a doctor comes to your house to treat a patient suffering from ear infection, you will pester him to cure your insanity......

The topic of discussion on this thread is: Parsis. If you have anything to contribute on Parsis, pl. do so. Otherwise, gather your LTTE buddies and mourn the death of butcher Prabhakaran......

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon May 23, 2016 6:14 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Separatist, Secessionist or Independence Movements in India: Assam, Manipur, Nagaland, Punjab, Tamil Nadu

Sitting in some remote corner in Canada, you keep talking about an independent Tamil Nadu that 99.9% of the people living in Tamil Nadu don't want. You and your Thanjai Nalankilli can go soak your collective heads in the Arabian Sea.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down