Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hahaha

+4
Hellsangel
Admin
charvaka
CroMagnon
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

hahaha     Empty hahaha

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:11 pm

just peaked into CH, and saw a lot of junk there... saw a number of qb's stifled posts, and checked the source.. I think she's claiming I am killing the threads there...

in case any of you have similar doubts, I am NOT sabotaging that site.. I have never killed a thread except when testing this thing like 3 years ago.

Back to top Go down

hahaha     Empty Re: hahaha

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:41 pm

ha ha. i did test the bloody comment open tag in my id ygytskui but i killed harmless posts (or i thought they were harmless). let me go over and check the scenario now. not that i expect them to be ruffled by my deletions but that i am left curious by your descriptions of the happenings. btw, one can always use "page source" to view mangled threads. am i right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:42 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:btw, one can always use "page source" to view mangled threads. am i right?

yeah.. right click, and view source. you many to deal with a lot of html junk before you get to read your post, hence depends on your level of curiousity.

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:44 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:btw, one can always use "page source" to view mangled threads. am i right?

yeah.. right click, and view source. you many to deal with a lot of html junk before you get to read your post, hence depends on your level of curiousity.

You can search for the comment tag, delete them judiciously and save it as xyz.html on your desktop and open the local copy.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:46 pm

txs. got you.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:46 pm

CroMagnon wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

You can search for the comment tag, delete them judiciously and save it as xyz.html on your desktop and open the local copy.

Yeah, too much work to do just to read some posts.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:52 pm

CroMagnon wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

ya i know.. that's what I had done and then I published that html on sulekha... but like cro pointed out, there is life out of CH too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:16 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
CroMagnon wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

ya i know.. that's what I had done and then I published that html on sulekha... but like cro pointed out, there is life out of CH too.

sometimes i will take that effort to read the responses; especially when the poster has also expressed dismay that his/her reply got killed. it happened with CH posters .|sublime|. and rashmun yesterday. they had posted replies to me but they got deleted.

just checked CH. oh well, all i can say is that yeetee is not me. i say this could i did test the bug in my ygtskui id.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:19 pm

sulekha CH is a wreck! I'm gona invite maria here too. nobody invites sasthi Twisted Evil

she wants to look at the bright side and do productive things and make friends for life or something...

talk abt saw choohe kha ke billi chali haj ko Evil or Very Mad
i hate her monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:19 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:just checked CH.
Me too. The mayhem continues. From now on, I am going to post on CH only to bump up the link(s) to the new forum(s).
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://such.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:46 pm

Admin wrote:
Me too. The mayhem continues. From now on, I am going to post on CH only to bump up the link(s) to the new forum(s).

Who is this yetee character? He has gotten Seva to swear in the subject.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:48 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

lol.. no idea.. this one is sure to sabotage, and not a personal grudge like qb had for you or me.

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

LOL! I gotta see this.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:53 pm

you all made me check CH as well. its like people don't know what to do anymore:-) don't know if upps or maria will join the new Zoo. i am not sure anyone else will. how about sublime?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:55 pm

Poor Seva! Why isn't he posting on a new forum? I don't understand why people are so reluctant to change. Maria seems to be pretty adamant about not shifting. I thought she was one of the people who is ready to jump into all the new stuff (Facebook, Huffpost, etc.).

So far, Uppili is the only person who gave a logical reason for his reluctance. Paranoia about loss of privacy and powers of the moderators on the new forum. I actually share that paranoia.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Impedimenta wrote:you all made me check CH as well. its like people don't know what to do anymore:-) don't know if upps or maria will join the new Zoo. i am not sure anyone else will. how about sublime?

I will repeat what I said yesterday on Sulekha: people will move to whichever forum to which 60% of all users or 100% of power users will move. Maria and Sublime will come. Uppili I can't guarantee cuz he actually has a relevant reason not to switch - paranoia about losing privacy and the powers of moderators on the new forum. I think the Reddit forum addresses that paranoia. Moderators there don't have any powers other than to delete posts or ban users. No private info is ever revealed.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Poor Rashmun too. He is invoking Prabhakar instead of Akbar.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:04 pm

SomeProfile wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:you all made me check CH as well. its like people don't know what to do anymore:-) don't know if upps or maria will join the new Zoo. i am not sure anyone else will. how about sublime?

I will repeat what I said yesterday on Sulekha: people will move to whichever forum to which 60% of all users or 100% of power users will move. Maria and Sublime will come. Uppili I can't guarantee cuz he actually has a relevant reason not to switch - paranoia about losing privacy and the powers of moderators on the new forum. I think the Reddit forum addresses that paranoia. Moderators there don't have any powers other than to delete posts or ban users. No private info is ever revealed.

Anybody who is worried about personal info should just choose a temporary email address.

Like I said elsewhere, I don't intend to use my Admin account once this forum is set up. That is also the reason why my regular account (charvaka) does not have any special powers.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:05 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Poor Rashmun too. He is invoking Prabhakar instead of Akbar.

ROFL! Makes me wish this forum had way to vote up your comment or nominate it for best comment.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:05 pm

SomeProfile wrote:Poor Seva! Why isn't he posting on a new forum? I don't understand why people are so reluctant to change.
Cro pointed this out, and so did HA. Anyone who counts me among their CH enemies will be reluctant to move here. I do want this forum to be a completely level playing field, so beyond setting this forum up, I don't intend to do anything that I couldn't do at Sulekha as a regular member.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:08 pm

[quote="charvaka"][quote="SomeProfile"]Poor Seva! Why isn't he posting on a new forum? I don't understand why people are so reluctant to change. [/quote]
Cro pointed this out, and so did HA. Anyone who counts me among their CH enemies will be reluctant to move here. I do want this forum to be a completely level playing field, so beyond setting this forum up, I don't intend to do anything that I couldn't do at Sulekha as a regular member. [/quote]

if your CHenemies are willing to join then may be some one else needs to be the mod.. ( I don't want to be one)..

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:13 pm

If it flies, they will all join. No matter what anyone says, if we stick to one of the new forum each one of the CHer will join. They have way too much invested to just let it go.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:13 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
charvaka wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:Poor Seva! Why isn't he posting on a new forum? I don't understand why people are so reluctant to change.
Cro pointed this out, and so did HA. Anyone who counts me among their CH enemies will be reluctant to move here. I do want this forum to be a completely level playing field, so beyond setting this forum up, I don't intend to do anything that I couldn't do at Sulekha as a regular member.

if your CHenemies are willing to join then may be some one else needs to be the mod.. ( I don't want to be one)..

It is again broken. Not sure what is going on!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:15 pm

nothing interesting being discussed here either Sad
is it the friday or nobody likes the new CH ? confused

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:17 pm

[quote="charvaka"][quote="doofus_maximus"][quote="charvaka"][quote="SomeProfile"]Poor Seva! Why isn't he posting on a new forum? I don't understand why people are so reluctant to change. [/quote]
Cro pointed this out, and so did HA. Anyone who counts me among their CH enemies will be reluctant to move here. I do want this forum to be a completely level playing field, so beyond setting this forum up, I don't intend to do anything that I couldn't do at Sulekha as a regular member. [/quote]

[/quote]

It is again broken. Not sure what is going on! [/quote]

Test
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:17 pm

[quote="doofus_maximus"][quote="charvaka"][quote="doofus_maximus"][quote="charvaka"][quote="SomeProfile"]Poor Seva! Why isn't he posting on a new forum? I don't understand why people are so reluctant to change. [/quote]

[/quote]

It is again broken. Not sure what is going on! [/quote]
test
Test[/quote]
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:18 pm

seven wrote:nothing interesting being discussed here either Sad

We are still in testing and verification mode. May be you should just take some time off. Come back when we are done and ready to roll out to production.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:19 pm

SomeProfile wrote:

We are still in testing and verification mode. May be you should just take some time off. Come back when we are done and ready to roll out to production.

test
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:19 pm

A dhamki:
figure out how to kill THEIR forums and do the same. if they want to go fine..if someone wants to stay here should be allowed to do so.

i can hack their forums if i want to..but i will desist it for the time being.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Hellsangel wrote:A dhamki:
figure out how to kill THEIR forums and do the same. if they want to go fine..if someone wants to stay here should be allowed to do so.

Is that the CEO giving the dhamki? I have life, bye?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:22 pm

charvaka wrote:

Yep.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:22 pm

u know u r soo boring HA...quoting stuff frm sulekha and talking abt sulekhaites who r not here behind their backs and acting all this time like u dont care abt them and more annoying thing is u think like u r better than them. well u r not. u r one short boring thorny sms thats all.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:22 pm

seven wrote:

u know u r soo boring HA...quoting stuff frm sulekha and talking abt sulekhaites who r not here behind their backs and acting all this time like u dont care abt them and more annoying thing is u think like u r better than them. well u r not. u r one short boring thorny sms thats all.

Nice attempt to stir the pot and have our own fights right here rather than mooch off of Sulekha's fights. I approve.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:23 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
SomeProfile wrote:

test

good idea!! all this is making me lose my cool. **so upset**

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:24 pm

charvaka wrote:
seven wrote:

Nice attempt to stir the pot and have our own fights right here rather than mooch off of Sulekha's fights. I approve.

exactly!! we r more than capable of having our own fights. why borrow stuff from sulekha CHers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:24 pm

Foes are members whose messages will not be visible and who won't be able to send you Private Messages or post on your Wall.
Note that you cannot ignore the moderators or the administrators.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:29 pm

who is poor artood there? doing the job that ha was doing so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:40 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
charvaka wrote:
Yep.

She is an IT professional afterall, a CEO at that. Never mind she didn't know how to kill CH threads and took her a while to figure out the HTML comment tag after Sasthi told her to. Even now she uses not just the comment tag but the example she must have picked from the web - " < ! -- This is a....."

And till yesterday she was killing threads herself and encouraging Sasthi to "keep up the good work," and now she is complaining that it is unethical!!! I don't understand how people manage to rationalize such obvious ironies.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:43 pm

CroMagnon wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
charvaka wrote:
Yep.

And till yesterday she was killing threads herself and encouraging Sasthi to "keep up the good work," and now she is complaining that it is unethical!!! I don't understand how people manage to rationalize such obvious ironies.

yeah, she was saying, it's her 'right' to be able to kill threads... even Ekta Kapoor cannot pen down a character like QB for her soaps even if she tried.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:13 am

Hellsangel wrote:
Admin wrote:

my guess is that it is AS.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:14 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Admin wrote:

Is anothersubcontinent a person?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:16 am

CroMagnon wrote:And till yesterday she was killing threads herself and encouraging Sasthi to "keep up the good work," and now she is complaining that it is unethical!!! I don't understand how people manage to rationalize such obvious ironies.
Seriously, some retards pose serious challenges to the effectiveness of the 1.5% of genetic material that separates us from the noble Pan troglodytes.

PS: I hope goodcitizen makes his way here soon.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:33 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:

After opening the source file use "edit-find" to go to the location you want to go to. It is easy to see where the comment has been inserted. But, how to insert the "closing" ? God will answer my prayers.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:37 am

seven wrote:sulekha CH is a wreck! I'm gona invite maria here too. nobody invites sasthi Twisted Evil

she wants to look at the bright side and do productive things and make friends for life or something...

talk abt saw choohe kha ke billi chali haj ko Evil or Very Mad
i hate her monkey

Aren't you calling your good "bhaiya" the FBI Agent. Finally, I understood the true meaning of Self - during my meditation under the Bodhi tree.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:39 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Finally, I understood the true meaning of Self
Very Happy
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:46 am

SomeProfile wrote:

Uppili's paranoia is understandable and should be respected. By extension, he is trying to protect private information on all his mistresses. His loss is my gain.

I am the new reincarnation of Sai Baba and I am open for business.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:50 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:I am the new reincarnation of Sai Baba and I am open for business.
Laughing You have my full support. Pliss to learn some magic tricks.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:53 am

charvaka wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
Admin wrote:

Is anothersubcontinent a person?

AS = Aravind Swamy = Libran Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:54 am

AS = Aravind Swamy = Libran Lover = QB-R

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:55 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:AS = Aravind Swamy = Libran Lover
Who is this person? Any ideas what his recent incarnations were? I remember hearing about him almost five years ago when I came back to CH for good. But I am not sure if he was posting in the last five years. Any theories who he was posting as?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next