Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The boy should be given raw vegetables and fibre powder #world's fattest boy goes on crash diet

Go down

The boy should be given raw vegetables and fibre powder #world's fattest boy goes on crash diet Empty The boy should be given raw vegetables and fibre powder #world's fattest boy goes on crash diet

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:06 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3665552/Morbily-obese-Indonesian-child-10-weighs-192-kgs-crash-diet-fears-die.html

Back to top Go down

The boy should be given raw vegetables and fibre powder #world's fattest boy goes on crash diet Empty Re: The boy should be given raw vegetables and fibre powder #world's fattest boy goes on crash diet

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:31 pm

Rashmun wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3665552/Morbily-obese-Indonesian-child-10-weighs-192-kgs-crash-diet-fears-die.html
well i shouldn't be online at this time but i feel compelled to write.

firstly, this is quite sad. i don't know how the dailymail is but to be so insensitive and picture this child in this inhumane way is really, i have no words for it. second, i worry about this kid's life span. i have to confess my first reaction was to think he needed a gastric bypass like all the other fat people. then i read the article, and this person is a 10 yr old kid. i was talking to my uncle about it and he said the following:

"it appears that his birth weight was unremarkable. the most important thing to rule out is a genetic disorder - probably a single gene mutation, one example that comes to mind is prader-willi. he may also have an accompanying intellectual disability. it is less likely that he has an endocrine disorder because they don't really cause such extraordinary weight gain at a young age.
at any rate, this kind of obesity is associated with atherosclerotic heart disease as well as obstructive sleep apnea, i mean it's kind of obvious from the pics so the life expectancy looks to be poor.
hopefully with these pics he can find an educated sponsor who can get him to a genetic counselor. "

my takeaway from that conversation is that the diet is not the problem.

okay, got to run.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down