Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashdoc's movie review---Mission impossible ; ghost protocol

5 posters

Go down

Ashdoc's movie review---Mission impossible ; ghost protocol  Empty Ashdoc's movie review---Mission impossible ; ghost protocol

Post by ashdoc Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:14 am

Tom cruise is on--as usual--on a mission that looks too impossible to accomplish .

A die hard nuclear terrorist has stolen the source codes for Russian nuclear weapons from the Kremlin , and completed a neat job by exploding a part of the Kremlin with bombs . And he intends to send a signal to Russian nuke submarines patrolling the oceans to fire their nukes on to America and start a nuclear war .

Tom Cruise has the task to stop him---at all costs....and against all odds , of course.....

And this leads to a long chase from Moscow to the sands of Dubai to the dusty streets of our very own amchi Mumbai.....

And its all packed with nonstop action---from climbing the world's tallest skyscraper in Dubai using ' sticky ' handgloves to falling down from it using a rope.....and then finding the rope too short to reach the floor Tom wants to reach , making him jump from megaheight to directly inside the building---just accurately enough.....

.......And immediately after the jump , an out of breath chase in a sandstorm , while Tom's partners , including a delectable black woman , indulge in shootings galore......

......And then to Mumbai for the delectable black woman to briefly romance Anil Kapoor , only to almost strangle him in bed---before continuing on the mission of course.....

One word about Mumbai and India---the movie thankfully moves away from stereotyped shots of beggars and children shitting on the streets that have marked Hollywood movies from Indiana Jones onwards , and shows the glamorous part of it .

The special effects are something to watch , and the action is fastpaced . But some of the stunts are frankly unbelievable .

Yeah---unbelievable , mission impossible......you get to see all unbelievable things become believable and impossible missions become possible in this movie......

Verdict---good for a one time watch .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Ashdoc's movie review---Mission impossible ; ghost protocol  Empty Re: Ashdoc's movie review---Mission impossible ; ghost protocol

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:21 am

ashdoc wrote:One word about Mumbai and India---the movie thankfully moves away from stereotyped shots of beggars and children shitting on the streets that have marked Hollywood movies from Indiana Jones onwards , and shows the glamorous part of it

really? now how exactly do they do that? keep away all beggars and urchins from the steets during the shooting? bus them off to nashik or pune for a couple of days? or maybe blank them out of the frame post-production?? tell na, bandhu.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Ashdoc's movie review---Mission impossible ; ghost protocol  Empty Re: Ashdoc's movie review---Mission impossible ; ghost protocol

Post by chameli Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:25 pm

ash doc,

good for a one time watch u say ...

whoever sees the same movie twice these days

Tom Cruise makes a killing each time he makes a movie

gets a percentage of the profits ..

now that unbeatable

i read he was recently invited to Berlin to parade for a BMW car show ..got pots of money there too
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:12 am

chameli wrote:

true true. nothing grinds my gears worse than when someone says "one-time watch." nobody (except doorkeepers and some jobless fellas) watches a movie twice in movie halls. movie could be good, bad or average but 'one-time watch'? ever heard of "two-time watch" or "three-time watch"? what in the god's bathroom is "one-time watch" then? that line is as desi as "veg manchow one by two (or two by three)".

/rant

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:53 am

Another Brick wrote:
chameli wrote:

true true. nothing grinds my gears worse than when someone says "one-time watch." nobody (except doorkeepers and some jobless fellas) watches a movie twice in movie halls. movie could be good, bad or average but 'one-time watch'? ever heard of "two-time watch" or "three-time watch"? what in the god's bathroom is "one-time watch" then? that line is as desi as "veg manchow one by two (or two by three)".

/rant

' one time watch ' means that you watch it only once .

usually when a really good film comes on TV later , people watch it again , like sholay or titanic .

this film is good for one time watch only---if you watched in theater once , no need to watch it on TV again .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:58 am

nothing against you, ashdoc. you may ignore my rant.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:20 pm

"Delectable" black woman-that's new:)!

Yes..it was unbelievable..I could not believe I fell in like with Tom Cruise finally after 20 years of watching him!

He is aging well.. and may be shedding of his boyishness makes him more delectable now!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:53 pm

tom cruise was always sorta kinda delectable. dunno why people here hate him so much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:34 am

Don't know about others, I am not among the Cruise haters or hater of anyone for that matter. Always thought he was handsome and dignified (just not my type of delectable!)

And always thought he was a talented actor and posted a clip of one of his best performances -in the gut wrenching movie "Born on the fourth of July".

He was just was not delectable (to me) as he is now-watching him in Ghost Protocol (even compared to the other Mission Impossible sequels).I suppose with time our interests and attractions change- what we see as delectable sometimes is no longer so...while others we always found delectable - only become even more delicious (imo)!Smile
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down