Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A million and growing

+2
MaxEntropy_Man
Idéfix
6 posters

Go down

A million and growing Empty A million and growing

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:49 pm

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/clinton-popular-vote-trump-2016-election-231434

It is rigged alright, but not in the way you thought. Michigan voted for Trump by 13,000 votes but all of its 16 electoral college votes go to him. Meanwhile a million more American voters wanted Clinton over Trump and their voices don't count. Time to end this archaic institution.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

A million and growing Empty Re: A million and growing

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:59 pm

On another website a fellow was keen that Trump should send the US army to root these "wetbacks and sand n****rs" (as he put it) out.

It appears that not only are they deplorable, they are also ill-informed. I almost felt like telling him to look up posse comitatus, but held my tongue. Why bother arguing with these people.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:08 pm

How dare those rust belt states vote against the queen! Their jobs have been taken away from them already, so take away their voting power too.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:28 am

Btw, your side lost! Deal with it. Srop whining!
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:33 am

The rust belt people are not entitled to a greater vote than someone living in California. They are not more equal than other Americans. 

One person, one vote. Quite simple as a democratic principle.

This is not about this election, it is about the next one.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:02 pm

1.5 M now

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clintons-popular-vote-lead-donald-trump-now/story?id=43667918

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:15 pm

Hillary's lead will irritate Trump and it will be used in liberal ribbing of right wingers. Other than that it means nothing.  Trump and republicans won fair and square.  Victory of right wing is wide spread, deep in all areas of elected offices and is far reaching. 

Instead of patting themselves on the back,  Dems should throw out all old leadership and give the reins to three major groups. One is the left wing with Bernie, Warren and Keith ellison. The other is liberal blue collar vote from mid west with Tim Ryan of OH, Jason Kinder of Missouri, and Micheal Moore. Third is adding hispanic and Asian voices.  Dems have to build state and local level collective leadership for future.  They should send Nancy Pelosi, Clinton dynasty, and old leadership to back benches.  Younger leadership , except Bernie, should run the party.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:31 am

Two million now. And still growing.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:57 am

I'm so glad. It was my fervent wish that she win the popular vote and lose the election. It must really hurt her loyal subjects so much that Queen Shrillery came so close but can't reign.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:21 pm

This is like winning more points than your opponent in a tennis match and still losing it. Close, but no cigar.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:25 pm

Idéfix wrote:Two million now. And still growing.
that's nice. i spoke to two white small-business owners, both trump supporters: they think the the other side is mean and that the popular votes numbers are faulty and they're not sure hwy it's even being counted after the winner has been declared.

i haven't signed max's petition because i'm of the opinion that it is worthwhile to have an audit but it shoudl eb conducted by an independent body and the results should not be disclosed for say 20 yrs (othersiwe too much civilan mayhem), and that the information should merely be used to make the voting and counting process more secure; i'm not sure hwo that would, maybe the EC, but less likely the FBI but they'd need to be involved but we can't seem to trust them anymore.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down