Amma died

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Amma died

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:40 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tamil-nadu-cm-jayalalithaa-passes-away-after-a-cardiac-arrest/liveblog/55796067.cms

any reason why she was 'buried'?


update.. .googled it

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/Its-burial-for-Jayalalithaa-not-cremation/articleshow/55833125.cms


Last edited by Scarlet O'Hara on Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Amma died

Post by garam_kuta on Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:45 pm

Scarlet O'Hara wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tamil-nadu-cm-jayalalithaa-passes-away-after-a-cardiac-arrest/liveblog/55796067.cms

any reason why she was 'buried'?

http://such.forumotion.com/t40105-dkheads-choose-to-bury-jaya#230672

garam_kuta

Posts : 3367
Join date : 2011-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amma died

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka on Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:47 pm

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/her-last-rites-why-was-jayalalithaa-buried-and-not-cremated/story-BpKlwNvoK4wKFRdBBPHoJI.html

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Posts : 6158
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amma died

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:50 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/her-last-rites-why-was-jayalalithaa-buried-and-not-cremated/story-BpKlwNvoK4wKFRdBBPHoJI.html


k this makes sense... kinda sad when at the end someone other than family is making decisions for you, unless she had made a will.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Amma died

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:30 pm

In the TamBrahm tradition really young kids are buried. There are a few other categories -- ascetics. Not sure if her burial has to do with religion or Dravidian politics.
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 13506
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amma died

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:36 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:In the TamBrahm tradition really young kids are buried. There are a few other categories -- ascetics. Not sure if her burial has to do with religion or Dravidian politics.


seen the same about kids in NI.. no idea if it's just a Brahmin thing.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Amma died

Post by silvermani on Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:58 pm

avatar
silvermani

Posts : 651
Join date : 2014-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amma died

Post by southindian on Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:08 pm

silvermani wrote:
Awww...

Thanks for sharing the 'MGR Collection'.
avatar
southindian

Posts : 3973
Join date : 2012-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amma died

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:12 pm

silvermani wrote:
She was a hottie and then she got fat. Story of many an indian women.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Amma died

Post by Hellsangel on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:20 pm

Amazing and impressive!

TN bids a calm, tearful farewell as Jaya is laid to rest next to MGR grave
avatar
Hellsangel

Posts : 13852
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amma died

Post by silvermani on Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:35 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Amazing and impressive!

TN bids a calm, tearful farewell as Jaya is laid to rest next to MGR grave
No cash available to distribute to goons/trouble makers.
avatar
silvermani

Posts : 651
Join date : 2014-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amma died

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka on Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:11 pm

Scarlet O'Hara wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:In the TamBrahm tradition really young kids are buried. There are a few other categories -- ascetics. Not sure if her burial has to do with religion or Dravidian politics.


seen the same about kids in NI.. no idea if it's just a Brahmin thing.
No, it is not caste specific.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Posts : 6158
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amma died

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka on Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:13 pm

silvermani wrote:
Yeah, good looking when she was young. I liked her Telugu movies.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Posts : 6158
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amma died

Post by MaxEntropy_Man on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:33 pm

Who is the heir to all the ill gotten gains? Will the taxpayers be able to recover some of it?
avatar
MaxEntropy_Man

Posts : 13506
Join date : 2011-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amma died

Post by silvermani on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:53 pm

From what I read, it is Sasikala and her family. JJ had been ill for over a year. Sensing that the end is near, I wish she had publicly pledged her wealth to charity instead of letting it fall ino the hands of the waiting vultures.
avatar
silvermani

Posts : 651
Join date : 2014-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amma died

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum