Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conscientious ex-Chaddi: "I voted for Modi for change but not for hatred"

Go down

Conscientious ex-Chaddi: "I voted for Modi for change but not for hatred" Empty Conscientious ex-Chaddi: "I voted for Modi for change but not for hatred"

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:45 pm

In 2013, I was as disgruntled as any other upright citizen of India with the way our great nation was being shaped by previous governments. I exercised my right to vote for the first time in 2014 and cast my ballot in favour of Modi, because I believed in him and his vision of a better India. This belief motivated me to join the BJP’s Mission 272+ team of volunteers. Little did I know that the mission’s “innovative campaigning ways” also involved trolling, defaming and construing truth to cloud the fair judgement of people.

In November 2015, when Aamir Khan expressed his sentiments on the state of affairs in the country, the BJP’s IT cell, headed by Arvind Gupta, organised a social media campaign to pressure e-commerce firm Snapdeal to drop the actor as its brand ambassador. We (volunteers at the BJP social cell) were ordered to troll the actor and smear his name on various platforms and instigate people to boycott his movies. My ideologies and conscience did not permit me to be a part of the BJP’s bigotry brigade. Disenchanted, I left. In January 2016, Snapdeal gave in to the pressure and severed its ties with Khan.

We don’t realise the greater repercussion of such acts. An actor, who for years lived in our homes and ruled our hearts, suddenly became a “Muslim”! Social media has become a dangerous tool to spread hatred, which sometimes can lead to communal disharmony. Even religion did not divide us the way politics has.

https://scroll.in/article/826214/first-person-i-voted-for-modi-for-change-but-not-for-hatred

Back to top Go down

Conscientious ex-Chaddi: "I voted for Modi for change but not for hatred" Empty Re: Conscientious ex-Chaddi: "I voted for Modi for change but not for hatred"

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:06 pm

idiot

https://twitter.com/narendramodi/status/818638247165247488

Back to top Go down