Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tamilnadu

+3
Propagandhi711
Vakavaka Pakapaka
confuzzled dude
7 posters

Go down

Tamilnadu  Empty Tamilnadu

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:07 am

-> doing rounds in whatsapp

Who is the chief minister of Tamil nadu..? 

Quarterly Exam- J.Jayalaitha.
Half-yearly Exam- O. Paneerselvam. 
Annual Exam - Sasikala.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Tamilnadu  Empty Re: Tamilnadu

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:09 am

For Paneer Selvam, CM Seat is like a guy sitting in  Ladies seat of BMTC BUS.

If a Lady comes he should stand, if she leaves he can sit

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:39 am

Not quite!

http://www.news18.com/news/politics/suspense-over-sasikalas-swearing-in-as-governor-cancels-visit-may-return-to-mumbai-1345862.html

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:38 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:-> doing rounds in whatsapp

Who is the chief minister of Tamil nadu..? 

Quarterly Exam- J.Jayalaitha.
Half-yearly Exam- O. Paneerselvam. 
Annual Exam - Sasikala.
You posted this at 11:07 AM on a Monday. 

You were supposed to be working.

Not only you stole your employer's time but you also used your employer's property, the computer for non-work related activity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:01 am

On a serious note, interesting how a woman who was elected many times, and was a leader for 30 years could be so easily replaced by another woman who was never ever elected to any public office in 30 days? We are a progressive state where women do have much equality and opportunities..but, this meteoric rise seems methodical and devious, perhaps diabolical.

And hope the alleged political and suspicious PM-CM deals do not influence the disproportionate assets case verdict, which is imminent. 

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/sasikala-swearing-in-suspence-tamil-nadu-chief-minister-aiadmk-jayalalithaa-death-4512659/

Oh Tamil Nadu, eppothum valamudan vazhgha:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:46 am

What suspicious PM-CM deal?

Perunjsithranar once wrote "all these politicians are thieves. Among them MK is best for the country. Vote for him".

I do not really care is  Sasikala is corrupt. As long as there is no deal with Hindians, no alliance with Hindi parties and she protects Tamil interests loudly, I am ok with her as CM.

I have no confidence that Stalin will speak up for Tamil. SAs of now he has uttered not a single word against Hindi imposition or plunder of TN.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:00 pm

Hello Kayal,

As I said..these are "alleged deals". These are unusual times, anything is possible. And as you say, I am also for the leaders who represent the best interests of Tamil Nadu (in all aspects), ALL politicians may be corrupt, and act with self-interests. 

Of all the current choices, I do think that Stalin is better than others. In my view, he is knowledgeable, practical- and more balanced, and  if he gets the opportunity, which is a big "if"..he will lead/represent TN well.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:18 pm

*There was enormous pressure for the current CM, Paneerselvam to submit his resignation, and for Sasikala to take over..which was allegedly with the direct backing of the Central Govt to meddle in TN politics. 

However..looks like OPS will not give up so easily, with growing support for him in TN and he should not give up, imo.

http://www.news18.com/news/politics/aiadmk-live-asked-sasikala-how-my-own-ministers-wanted-someone-else-as-cm-says-panneerselvam-1345933.html
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:33 pm

What I am afraid is a split in AIADMK. Surely one side will ally with BJP and that is doom for Tamil culture and language (the same I say about Congress--no difference)

Split in DMK gave life to Congress for a while but fortunately both DMK and ADMK became so powerful that they did not have rely on any Hindian party.

I am really concerned about the survival of Tamil culture. Most people do not know the extent to which India is going to destroy non-Hindi/non-Sanskrit heritage in India,

People, Tamjls and non-Tamils, fead the following two articles with open mind when you have time. Download and read at your leisure. These show how India screwed up Tamil Unicode and noew trying to screw computer automated translations of English to non-Hindi languages

http://www.tamiltribune.com/17/0101.html
Indian Government, Tamil Unicode and Devanagari Script (How the Indian Government "Down-Graded" Tamil Unicode?)

http://www.tamiltribune.com/16/1101.html
Hindi-centric Automated Computer Translation of Indian Languages (Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu ...)

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:54 pm

Yes, I understand the concerns. 

Will look into the links, thanks.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:58 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:What I am afraid is a split in AIADMK. Surely one side will ally with BJP and that is doom for Tamil culture and language (the same I say about Congress--no difference)

Split in DMK gave life to Congress for a while but fortunately both DMK and ADMK became so powerful that they did not have rely on any Hindian party.

I am really concerned about the survival of Tamil culture. Most people do not know the extent to which India is going to destroy non-Hindi/non-Sanskrit heritage in India,

People, Tamjls and non-Tamils, fead the following two articles with open mind when you have time. Download and read at your leisure. These show how India screwed up Tamil Unicode and noew trying to screw computer automated translations of English to non-Hindi languages

Indian Government, Tamil Unicode and Devanagari Script (How the Indian Government "Down-Graded" Tamil Unicode?)

Hindi-centric Automated Computer Translation of Indian Languages (Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu ...)
Hey Kayar,
What you blabber about Tamil culture has been fostered by others who ruled TN (Pallavas, Nayakas [Madurai, Tanjavur, etc.], Marathas, etc.). Most of what you see as culture in TN is because of them. The only exception is - DKheaded-ness which creates animosity towards Hindians. Even that was started by Periyar Ramaswami whose ancestry was not Tamil.
So, stop your BS.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:44 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Kayalvizhi wrote:What I am afraid is a split in AIADMK. Surely one side will ally with BJP and that is doom for Tamil culture and language (the same I say about Congress--no difference)

Hey Kayar,
What you blabber about Tamil culture has been fostered by others who ruled TN (Pallavas, Nayakas [Madurai, Tanjavur, etc.], Marathas, etc.). Most of what you see as culture in TN is because of them. The only exception is - DKheaded-ness which creates animosity towards Hindians. Even that was started by Periyar Ramaswami whose ancestry was not Tamil.
So, stop your BS.
Tamilnadu  07THCARTOONSCAPECOLOUR

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:13 pm

Drama, more drama..MLAs in capitivity:) 

http://www.news18.com/news/politics/aiadmk-live-dmk-says-will-support-panneerselvam-if-trust-vote-is-called-1346815.html
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:49 pm

well thambis are not known to be normal

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Maria S wrote:Drama, more drama..MLAs in capitivity:) 

http://www.news18.com/news/politics/aiadmk-live-dmk-says-will-support-panneerselvam-if-trust-vote-is-called-1346815.html
Did all Tamilians leave Tamil Nadu to live in USA? Looks like UPwallahs and Biharis took over Tamil land.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:02 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:well thambis are not known to be normal

Well Mr. DUT, that is an alternative fact:)

Sir, we are extraordinary..nothing ordinary, regular, routine, typical..about us!
And speaking of normal..is there such a thing anymore? Almost everything seems upside down..breaking all norms!
And we try to go on..

Hope all is well with you.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:16 pm

southindian wrote:Did all Tamilians leave Tamil Nadu to live in USA? Looks like UPwallahs and Biharis took over Tamil land.

I guess we have to build a wall, and make Tamil Nadu great again:)

This is the new political landscape of Tamil Nadu..with the new political players. It is very interesting to watch how this will all play out..

In the end, we will be okay:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:46 pm

southindian wrote:
Maria S wrote:Drama, more drama..MLAs in capitivity:) 

Did all Tamilians leave Tamil Nadu to live in USA? Looks like UPwallahs and Biharis took over Tamil land.
No chance for that. Right now, DKheads are fully in control. Kayar and his friends are there to harass BIMARU bhaiyyas if they make too much noise in TN......

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:49 pm

Maria S wrote:
southindian wrote:Did all Tamilians leave Tamil Nadu to live in USA? Looks like UPwallahs and Biharis took over Tamil land.

I guess we have to build a wall, and make Tamil Nadu great againSmile

This is the new political landscape of Tamil Nadu..with the new political players. It is very interesting to watch how this will all play out..

Yup! Spoke like someone from Pussy-grabber's red state.

We need more walls.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:56 pm

southindian wrote:
Maria S wrote:

I guess we have to build a wall, and make Tamil Nadu great againSmile

Yup! Spoke like someone from Pussy-grabber's red state.

We need more walls.
Walls around TN never worked in the past. Periyar's sishyas are trying to do a Trump on TN but they are wasting their time. If TN separates from India, TN will be the loser.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:35 pm

*Seriously..do you all think I was serious about building a wall..anywhere for that matter?

Anything can happen in this world..but, at this time, I don't see anyone again (seriously) demanding Tamil Nadu's separation from India. When there is unnecessary meddling and interference..by the Central Govt (no matter which political party), naturally in a democracy, people from all the states have the right to speak up and demand respect-preserving state identity in all aspects. 

I am from a family like many..who have served/serve in the Indian Armed Forces..for generations. We are patriotic, when it comes to National identity too.

And of course there is the American identity now, and patriotic feelings for the new land too.  It's the life of an immigrant..without walls/compartments when it comes to shared love for all that we consider is a part of who we are:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:10 pm

Maria S wrote:*Seriously..do you all think I was serious about building a wall..anywhere for that matter?

Anything can happen in this world..but, at this time, I don't see anyone again (seriously) demanding Tamil Nadu's separation from India. When there is unnecessary meddling and interference..by the Central Govt (no matter which political party), naturally in a democracy, people from all the states have the right to speak up and demand respect-preserving state identity in all aspects. 

I am from a family like many..who have served/serve in the Indian Armed Forces..for generations. We are patriotic, when it comes to National identity too.

And of course there is the American identity now, and patriotic feelings for the new land too.  It's the life of an immigrant..without walls/compartments when it comes to shared love for all that we consider is a part of who we are:)
I was referring to TN's DK politics, not to your post.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:37 pm

*ahem*

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nation/current-affairs/100217/aiadmk-chief-sasikala-repeats-two-famous-ap-coups.html

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/news/national/lucknows-story-today-is-hyderabad-95-redux/article9457576.ece?homepage=true&css=print

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:12 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

*ahem*

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nation/current-affairs/100217/aiadmk-chief-sasikala-repeats-two-famous-ap-coups.html

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/news/national/lucknows-story-today-is-hyderabad-95-redux/article9457576.ece?homepage=true&css=print
Are you suggesting that TN leaders are imitating lowly AP politicians? Stop insulting the smartest people in India!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:17 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:. If TN separates from India, TN will be the loser

REALLY? Think!  Here are the facts

"India's growth would have progressed better if it comprised its southern and western parts only...The rest of the country held the South and West back", P. Chidamparam, Minister of Finance, India (2004-2008) to the American Ambassador in a conversation in August 2009.

Not only in economic progress but also in the delivery of public services, such as food, health care and school education, Tamil Nadu would be better off as an independent country. "A number of Indian states--Kerala and Tamil Nadu, for example--would be at the top of the South Asian comparisons if they were treated as separate countries, and others--Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh, for example--would do enormously worse." - Professors Jean Drèze and Amartya Sen in their 2013 book “An Uncertain Glory: India and its Contradictions” (both authors are economists and Amartya Sen received the Nobel prize in economics in 1998).

In summary, Tamil Nadu would be better off in economic development and also in overall standard of living (food, health, education) if it were a separate, independent country.

Tamil Nadu would be among the top 20 populous countries in the world if it were a separate country (2016). 

In spite of Indian Government’s economic discrimination of Tamil Nadu State (and all southern and eastern states in general), Tamilnadu attracts foreign investments in industries and information technology because of the forward looking policies of the state government, irrespective of the political party in power, and the well-educated and hard-working local workforce. Tamil Nadu could do much better if only India would let Tamil Nadu keep much of its taxes to develop its own infrastructure to meet local needs quickly and responsively. Tamil Nadu and some other non-Hindi states are now subsidizing Hindi states for over six decades

"India would have registered higher growth rates if it had comprised only what are now its southern and western parts...The rest of the country held the South and West back...", so said P. Chidamparam, former Minister of Finance of India (2004-2008) to the American Ambassador Timothy Roemer in August 2009. Chidamparam concluded that India could achieve 11-12 per cent growth if it were the South and West only, noting that the rest of the country held it back.” (The Hindu newspaper; March 23, 2011). Chidamparam was the Home Minister of India, a position considered comparable or higher than Finance Minister, in August 2009.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:24 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:. If TN separates from India, TN will be the loser

REALLY? Think!  Here are the facts

"India's growth would have progressed better if it comprised its southern and western parts only...The rest of the country held the South and West back", P. Chidamparam, Minister of Finance, India (2004-2008) to the American Ambassador in a conversation in August 2009.

Not only in economic progress but also in the delivery of public services, such as food, health care and school education, Tamil Nadu would be better off as an independent country. "A number of Indian states--Kerala and Tamil Nadu, for example--would be at the top of the South Asian comparisons if they were treated as separate countries, and others--Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh, for example--would do enormously worse." - Professors Jean Drèze and Amartya Sen in their 2013 book “An Uncertain Glory: India and its Contradictions” (both authors are economists and Amartya Sen received the Nobel prize in economics in 1998).

In summary, Tamil Nadu would be better off in economic development and also in overall standard of living (food, health, education) if it were a separate, independent country.

Tamil Nadu would be among the top 20 populous countries in the world if it were a separate country (2016). 

In spite of Indian Government’s economic discrimination of Tamil Nadu State (and all southern and eastern states in general), Tamilnadu attracts foreign investments in industries and information technology because of the forward looking policies of the state government, irrespective of the political party in power, and the well-educated and hard-working local workforce. Tamil Nadu could do much better if only India would let Tamil Nadu keep much of its taxes to develop its own infrastructure to meet local needs quickly and responsively. Tamil Nadu and some other non-Hindi states are now subsidizing Hindi states for over six decades

"India would have registered higher growth rates if it had comprised only what are now its southern and western parts...The rest of the country held the South and West back...", so said P. Chidamparam, former Minister of Finance of India (2004-2008) to the American Ambassador Timothy Roemer in August 2009. Chidamparam concluded that India could achieve 11-12 per cent growth if it were the South and West only, noting that the rest of the country held it back.” (The Hindu newspaper; March 23, 2011). Chidamparam was the Home Minister of India, a position considered comparable or higher than Finance Minister, in August 2009.
I was just waiting for you to respond. Stop making TN poor with your perverted LTTE thinking.
Concentrate on who you want to be the next CM - Sasikala or Pannerselvam. Hindians are anxiously waiting.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:32 pm

I do not care who is CM. It has no real power.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:05 pm

Tomorrow is the big day, and I am not referring to Valentine's day!

It's judgment day in the DA case at the Supreme Court, for the self-described lioness Sasikala,  As we wait to see how this will impact the current political happenings.

She does have chutzpah..seems like the gangster-cult leader kind though! To hold 130 Legislators sweet hostage, although it is a luxury resort (!) with big promises, including a sleepover with them tonight..seems amusing and far-fetched.

Good for at least one Tamizh MLA veeran who apparently had to disguise himself to escape..we have only heard of this kind of courage (!) in epic stories!

Heaven help us:)

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/ops-vs-sasikala-mla-escapes-from-koovathur-resort-in-disguise-joins-panneerselvam-camp/articleshow/57132089.cms
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Nobody can help a state run by the corrupt.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:13 pm

Maria S wrote:Tomorrow is the big day, and I am not referring to Valentine's day!

It's judgment day in the DA case at the Supreme Court, for the self-described lioness Sasikala,  As we wait to see how this will impact the current political happenings.

She does have chutzpah..seems like the gangster-cult leader kind though! To hold 130 Legislators sweet hostage, although it is a luxury resort (!) with big promises, including a sleepover with them tonight..seems amusing and far-fetched.

Good for at least one Tamizh MLA veeran who apparently had to disguise himself to escape..we have only heard of this kind of courage (!) in epic stories!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/ops-vs-sasikala-mla-escapes-from-koovathur-resort-in-disguise-joins-panneerselvam-camp/articleshow/57132089.cms

hahaha!
காதலும் வீரமும் தமிழரின் இரு கண்களல்லவா?
பதவி என்பது தோளில் போடும் துண்டு, கொள்கை என்பது வேட்டி - அண்ணாதுரை;
பொறுத்திருந்துதான் பார்க்க வேண்டும்

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:25 am

garam_kuta wrote:
Maria S wrote:Tomorrow is the big day, and I am not referring to Valentine's day!

hahaha!
காதலும் வீரமும் தமிழரின் இரு கண்களல்லவா?
பதவி என்பது தோளில் போடும் துண்டு, கொள்கை என்பது வேட்டி - அண்ணாதுரை;
பொறுத்திருந்துதான் பார்க்க வேண்டும்

Funny quote from Anna! He had a nice nuanced sense of humor.
If he lived, may have added..சேலைக்கு முன்னால் எல்லாமே பறந்து போகும்..

தோழர்-தம்பி கரம்,
வீர தமிழ் மண்ணிலும்..சில நேரங்களில்...காதலுக்கு கண் இல்லை, வீரத்துக்கு வேலை இல்லை!
(Even in the brave Tamil land.. Sometimes, love is blind and courage is..well a waste!)

Edappadi Palaniswami who(?) and Paneerselvam blah (!)
With all the turmoil and MLA trading, seems like calling for elections soon would be the best decision for all..

Just have to see how the show continues!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:49 am

BJP that got 2% vote is deciding the future of TN gov. It is not democracy. It is Hindi-crazy.

The governor position should be abolished.

Assembly should meet and select CM. If no one gets majority, an election held within 1 month and until then the caretaker CMM should rule. THAT IS DEMOCRACY.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:39 am

Not sure, who else is deciding what..but, have to give it to clever Chinnamma for planning and preparing so well for different paths to power..and executing one of them..to perfection. 
She outplayed everyone, behind the scenes and in full public display with Oscar winning performances:) 

http://www.ndtv.com/tamil-nadu-news/advantage-team-sasikala-governor-calls-them-for-meeting-10-points-1660024

Just for comparison, interesting how they were screaming in the US..against Hillary to "lock her up" with no real evidence that she had done something intentionally criminal...and she lost the election..while Sasikala is clever, crooked, criminal and convicted..and even on the way to prison made sure her family members are in power positions in the party, held-holding the CM, Cabinet, and majority MLAs under her spell.."will rule from prison"..and it is all legal..

Such are luck and fate:)

This volatile political chapter in Tamil Nadu comes to an end for now..
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:50 am

*Wanted to add..calling for elections would have been the right thing to do, imo.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:33 pm

Who is this Palaniswami? Is he just warming the bench for Sasikala?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down